Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This surely should not be allowed....

I hope this is just a random bug but did anyone experience this?

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    If that's true then that is going too far.

Remove that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 immediately EA.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited October 2020
    logion wrote: »
    If that's true then that is going too far.

Ikr! However I know the user can continue without adding but scaring any costumer by giving them the incorrect impression that "you need star wars for first pet stuff!" is unacceptable
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    That’s messed up. Surely a mistake?
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    EPISODE V
    THE SALES EXECUTIVES STRIKES BACK

After a intense battle against the simmers galaxy, the sales manager reunite together two of your biggest pack weapon. With the objetive to keep the simmers under a even more powerful DEATH STAR.

The simmers now have to find a way...

I really think it’s a glitch thing, or a origin thing at least. Not related with the gurus, they probably are in a cool moodlet due to the good snowy escape first general impression.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Origin was having all kinds of problems yesterday, hopefully this was just part of that.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    They must have changed the language. A popup still appears, but it says "A few suggestion that would go great with The Sims 4 _______..."
    It still is very annoying for people shopping.
    The sales for this pack must have been quite poor.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It’s only doing that for My First Pet Stuff, so it’s probably just a stupid glitch.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2020
    It’s probably just because it’s the latest pack. I wouldn’t trust them to tell me which pack went with which other pack anyway.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    They must have changed the language. A popup still appears, but it says "A few suggestion that would go great with The Sims 4 _______..."
    It still is very annoying for people shopping.
    The sales for this pack must have been quite poor.

@bixters I thought so too because I also got the message but I realized the "few suggestions message" pops up when you're at check-out about to pay.
    This message however poped up immediately after clicking buy, so this must be some kind of glitch
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    That’s probably a glitch. If not, EA’s trying to scam people.....
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Same thing here in France. I clicked on My first Pet stuff, but also Toddlers stuff that I don't have either, same thing. It says "to access all content, JTB is required".

0RPIk3g.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Ok, and what happens when she clicks the orange box that says "Continue without adding"? I believe it does what is says it does.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Nope, just checked, I have it for other SPs too.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    It’s only doing that for My First Pet Stuff, so it’s probably just a stupid glitch.

• Options
    Yes, but the pop-up is very misleading if it makes people think they need JTB to use all content in My First Pet stuff or any other dlc....
    Ok, and what happens when she clicks the orange box that says "Continue without adding"? I believe it does what is says it does.

• Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

oh but it's not I just pre ordered snowy escapes and got the same message I really think this is underhad time to boycot don't you think?
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    If it's intentional (which wouldn't be a surprise after the other pop-ups advertising the JtB pack) it's upsetting. It'd be so fishy and a low blow. Do they realize that these kinds of sale tactics actually make customers less excited about buying future products?

Edit: I read somewhere on Twitter that back in the TS3 days this happened with the Katy Perry pack too. So it's not new to the franchise.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    This is made on purpose to push the horrendous sales of Batuu.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Same for me in Germany

w6y9fyF.png
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    That the notices are appearing in multiple languages points to deliberate, not a glitch. This is unethical and underhanded strong-arming at the very least and probably illegal somewhere. Reporting this to state and federal (interstate business) authorities in the US and the corresponding ones overseas would not be out of order. It is also illogical. DLC made before Batu isn't dependent on that to function - unless EA has changed the coding to make it so.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wow that’s bad even with it being what appears to be an error. The fact the pack is currently half price in the sale and them doing the whole add it on thing (I do believe that is what the message is meant to be) shows how badly the pack has done in its sales and they are desperately trying to sell the pack. I haven’t seen it as i have all the packs and pre-ordered the snowy one so it won’t show in my origin for a long while.
  • Options
    I mean I'm sure anyone who buys this thinking it is required to play MFPS can sue EA for a lot of money
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Seems it was fixed and they are just "suggesting" Batuu now. I do believe it was intentional and EA got caught. EA must know they messed up with Batuu as it has been made 50% off rather quickly and along with this move I don't think it's been selling well at all.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited October 2020
    It says "continue without adding" in the bottom right corner of the video.
    They're definitely trying to push the GP, though. Hardcore. Since 2014, I've never seen EA push a pack like this.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited October 2020

Duh... That is very misleading, though. New players will think they need the SW pack and buy it. This needs fixed (if it isn't yet).
    He/Him
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    I've always had this pop up for various packs when buying. (Though I'm having origin issues now ugh origin is a mess)
    People are just hating cause it's star wars
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(