Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which packs do you regret buying or wish you waited to buy?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited October 2020
    I forget them but all of the packs I bought at full price, I forgot the ones (sorry) but even the ones I enjoyed and continue to enjoy I wish I waited until they were on sale.

Eco Living and Nifty knitting are the only packs I remember buying at at full price and I waited until they were on sale.

I’m happy everyday I didn’t buy JTB!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I regret buying JTB, if I'd known there would be so much locked clothing, I wouldn't have bought it...

But I do use content from all the packs from time to time.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably Luxury Party -- I use the content from that pack the least though I have used the buffet tables and drink fountains to make/modify some wedding venues, and the wall lights that look like drapes dress up lounge venues quite nicely. (I've probably used Spooky Stuff even less, but I got it on sale so it's less of a regret.) Every other pack I've been able to incorporate into my game play somehow; in my current template save I used the cheat to complete the storyline in Strangerville, deleted all the premades except for the Eclectic Arts household whom I relocated to a 3BR apartment in San Myshuno (Arts Quarter, of course!), copied some of my favorite houses to use in other worlds (my favorites are Strangerville Outlook, Dream Weaver's Way and Plateau Place) and now plan to replace houses with smaller 1-story builds to use the world as a retirement village for elder Sims I'm no longer actively playing but don't want the game to cull. (The weather will be better for creaky bones.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't own all the packs so there's some regrets I've managed to avoid haha (vampires and maybe Star Wars... I know I def. don't want SW at full price but might consider as part of a bundle later)

With that in mind... I regret Bowling Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spa Day, Discover University, Tiny Living. And City Living I DID get on sale and I'm so glad I waited as it's not worth full price.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    City Living, I bought it on whim years ago when it was on sale, and I played it for a week until going back to sims3. I think the festivals are dull, and I'm unsure what else came with the pack except a world. To be honest, nothing about sims4 blows my mind except everything that's alive actually feels alive which is something I can't say about sims3. Every pack that have tried so far failed to live up to my expectations, but I have to admit the aliveness does make the game feel worthwhile, I just wish I didn't have to give up everything else for it.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Eco lifestyle. It’s the one of 2 packs in all my sims game I wish I’d never bought the other is a sims 3 pack. It has hardly any gameplay and that it does have I don’t like or don’t use. The world I haven’t even played in yet and apart from some of the kids/toddler clothes I don’t use the cas. Then there are all the bugs from the naps, the naps themselves and the useless eco lifestate thing that does nothing in the game apart from shine a rainbow (green), do nothing (normal) or makes sims cough (industrial). The only thing i use from the pack is the bb stuff. Personally I think it’s worth the price tag of a gamepack on sale or a gamepack if I’m feeling generous towards it. It’s a shame as it was a good concept just very poorly executed.
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Eco Lifestyle. I found out I have ZERO interest in the concept. The only and I do mean only things I use out of the pack are some build/buy items. But it's very few of them. It's just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Island Living, Get Together, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Moschino, My First Pet stuff and Vampires. I got all of them 25-50% off but feel that wasn't enough at times. I have yet to play with mermaids because I just didn't enjoy the game play on the island. I don't care for a lot of the features that came with Get Together, StrangerVille was one and done. I only played with spell casters and vampires once and I feel the need to kill off Vlad and his extended family every time they come to my door although I have set it to where vampires are not welcome, yet they continue to appear. Moschino has the most useless outfits and build mode items and I only got it for the photography career. I got My First Pet stuff for the hamsters and bed items... They weren't even worth the $5 I spent. Moschino and My First Pet stuff are my biggest regrets TBH. This only includes game play for the most part. I have enjoyed many of the hairstyles, build mode items, and clothes that have come from these packs, but I am not a creator, I'm a story teller so it just sucks that for what my game play is they don't really add much.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Honestly all of the EPs I should have waited for a price drop, they are all too overpriced imho, but I am just so impatient!
    and a couple of the GPs and SPs I should have gotten cheaper too...but other than the price, I do not regret anything, each pack had somethings I enjoy.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Only one I regret is Eco. I like the BB a lot, so maybe I would have gotten it on sale but only guaranteed it wouldn't brake my save like it did. But I didn't enjoy any of its gameplay features.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    UNI IT SUCKEDDDDDD
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Eco Lifestyle. It was the only pack I've ever bought within a week of release and I'll never do that again. I like many of the features, but the bugs, geez. From now on I'm waiting at least a few weeks until the bugs have been reported. At that point I'll decide whether I want to get it and use CC bug fixes (if any are available), wait for it to be patched, or wait for a sale.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited October 2020
    I should've waited for Eco Lifestyle to be on sale because I paid 46 bucks for it instead of 40 due to a tax increase in my country. I only played with it for like a week or two, haven't really been in a Sims mood for a while now since Jungle Adventure so I have barely played with Get Famous, Island Living, University, Strangerville and Magic Realm. I wish I had waited for those to be on sale too. Not that I think the packs are bad, I actually like them, but just have been busy with life.