Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old sim won't die.

I have an old Sim, his age bar is all glittery and has been for like two weeks now. He does have the long lived trait so I'm kind of wondering how long that makes them live after maxing the age bar. I do have aging on btw, I've checked.
&PHgr;

Comments

• Options
    LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    I checked in other threads and people wrote that their older sims with this trait even met their great-grandchildren. Someone wrote that his sim died at the age of 148 days. Someone else said that it is 300 days for elder on long life.
    He will definitely die, but it looks like it will take some time.
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    This sim is over a 1000 days old because I routinely switch off aging but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 MAN I'm ready to say bye. :D
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    revgrv wrote: »
    This sim is over a 1000 days old because I routinely switch off aging but 🌺🌺🌺🌺 MAN I'm ready to say bye. :D

u can kill using cheats hahaha or mods
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Oh gosh, I remember when I was going through this with a few of mine.. I have no idea how long mine lasted with that trait (I killed off one with cheats, the others are just in the background). They seem to last ages with that trait, one of mine that I made TWO YEARS AGO still being alive to this day. (I haven't gotten to play on that save super often over the last year and a half.)
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I have an old Sim, his age bar is all glittery and has been for like two weeks now. He does have the long lived trait so I'm kind of wondering how long that makes them live after maxing the age bar. I do have aging on btw, I've checked.
    This sim is over a 1000 days old because I routinely switch off aging but 🌺🌺🌺🌺 MAN I'm ready to say bye. :D

Have you thought about maybe a nice swimming pool with a fence around it? Or perhaps a one square room without a door? >:)
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    I have another sim that can give him a deathflower boquet which I'll do if their grandaughter (!) ages up to a young adult and he's still kicking. I like him, I would prefer he die naturally cuz I have been playing him for ages but every story needs a conclusion.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have been in this position! I ended up using the cursed lot trait and letting him die in a fire he started with the stove.
  • Options
    HE JUST WON THE LOTTERY WHAT THE 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Get him to exercise or woohoo to his heart content. That's how I "let go" some of my elders Sims. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    ive had elders die of woohoo before. at least they go in a good mood. lol
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2020
    I had one live nearly double the normal life span for a sim. On normal I think they get between 125-150 for some of mine and have had them live to nearly 300 days if they are physically fit and did the bodybuilder aspiration. I had one of my sims marry Dina Caliente and she lived to 437 days but I think she glitched or something because I don't think that's normal even for the bodybuilder trait from the aspiration.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited October 2020
    Is it not possible to cheat away that trait?

I use the UI Cheat mod, which is perfect for killing off sims. All you need to do is pulling their hunger bar all into the red, and they will collapse immediately. I try to be a bit more human though (no mod needed), by rather dressing them in winter outfit and sending them outdoor during a heatwave, or summer outfit sending them on a walk during a freezing snow storm. Takes only a couple simhours and it might look better in the family tree to die from a heat stroke than from hunger. ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    A couple of people have suggested death by woohoo... but this is not possible with the Long Lived trait. They are immune from exhaustion.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    HE JUST WON THE LOTTERY WHAT THE 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

HAHAHAHAHA. Life is weird that way.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    The ones that I don't have an answer for are the bugged townies from City Living. I have had several of them join my game but they do not age naturally so I just try to keep track and age them up manually. I haven't gotten to the stage during which they die. That will be awkward because I don't "cause" any of my sims to die. If the grim reaper comes then that's nature taking its course.

For a few of them, I tried removing the "IsWeirdo" trait but that didn't work.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    I had two elderly Sims sharing a household. The younger one has died already and has turned up as a ghost. The older one is expecting the Grim Reaper to appear any minute now, but I guess her Fitness is holding him off.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    How high is his fitness skill? I think the higher the skill the longer they live.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    If you have mccc comander you can use it to see how much longer they have to live. I was trying to do mermaid legacy challenge and I had a whole house full of elders. finally checked it out and it turned out that the mermaids had like 30-40 "bonus days" they got to live beyond the regular elder lifespan.