Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Direct control

Please give the option for console controls!!! We need the option of direct control or cursor like it was in the sims 2😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍....please thanks

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    lana44 wrote: Β»
    Please give the option for console controls!!! We need the option of direct control or cursor like it was in the sims 2😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍....please thanks

https://modthesims.info/d/628842/direct-controls.html
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks but this is not for the consoles
  • Options
    lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    How can it be that PC gets everything....smh... direct control I miss you 😫😫😫😫😫 console needs you....😫😫😫😫
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited October 2020
    Official would be great.
    It would be great to test the routing. Plus it would go well with that first-person camera view.

Though one thing.
    What's on PC must be on consoles. Consoles have it easy: how much you tilt the joystick will affect wether your sim will walk or run. How would it work on PC? Will we have a button to toggle between walking and running?
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2020
    EgonVM wrote: Β»
    It would be great to test the routing.

It has been implemented before in the original Xbox, PS2 and GCN generation, so I don't believe it would be too much to implement again. The team had a properly working direct control system that was unique to the consoles.
    EgonVM wrote: Β»
    What's on PC must be on consoles. Consoles have it easy: how much you tilt the joystick will affect wether your sim will walk or run. How would it work on PC? Will we have a button to toggle between walking and running?

I fully disagree. Developers have released several different versions/editions of the same game for a plethora of platforms (e.g. Minecraft before their final cross-play update). The trouble with The Sims 4 however is the console edition is just a pc port. You can plug a keyboard and mouse in and play it the same way as you would on a regular OS, so their direct controls would have to work with probably binds to WASD, offer a shift for sprinting, and a toggle between classic and direct control movement (like the consoles had as well).

Console editions will either have direct control by default (the game can already recognise a controller and keyboard as different inputs).

I welcome the idea. The Sims 2 for console was a memorable game to me and I especially liked having direct control over my sims.