Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Have Low Expectations for EP10

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a feeling that it's going to be a food pack. The sim gurus have been having a twitter cooking competition lately. Ninja knows his way around the kitchen and is definitely leading. Maybe the next pack is about romance but in a round about way, like the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". :lol:

I would love a pack inspired by the culinary arts! Cooking is my absolute favorite skill in the game. <3 I will not get my hopes up. :p
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have a feeling that it's going to be a food pack. The sim gurus have been having a twitter cooking competition lately. Ninja knows his way around the kitchen and is definitely leading. Maybe the next pack is about romance but in a round about way, like the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". :lol:

I would love a pack inspired by the culinary arts! Cooking is my absolute favorite skill in the game. <3 I will not get my hopes up. :p

The only issue I have with a food pack is that sims don't sit down to enjoy it, they stuff their face while standing up next to the fridge and then are on their way to the next thing.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't mind when they add more recipes but unless they do something new like allow us to raise chickens for eggs or raise cows and make our own butter and cheese, or can pickles or preserves or make nectar, I don't know what a pack about food could add to the game. And they already said no farming.
    I remember one of the options on the last stuff pack vote had some food science bits that I liked, but they would have been stuff pack level, not expansion.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Whatever it is, I hope it focuses on Sims doing things *together*. There’s so many individual activities or activities where participating Sims tend to wander off.

Whether it’s a family (generations) or a dating couple (romance) or something else, I hope it starts working towards Sims engaging in activities and experiences together.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Whatever it is, I hope it focuses on Sims doing things *together*. There’s so many individual activities or activities where participating Sims tend to wander off.

Whether it’s a family (generations) or a dating couple (romance) or something else, I hope it starts working towards Sims engaging in activities and experiences together.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    How about Hobbies ? in TS2 Freetime one of the hobbies was cooking and I think there was even a food judging NPC or something like that.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Amen to this 🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    EA/Maxis you should fix what you have out already and stop adding on new packs as with each new packs there are new bugs. :#
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2020

A pirate pack? :tongue:
    Although I do not think now is the right time to bring them in (normal gameplay being boring and broken), I'd rather take them now than never. I think (quite vocally) that a pirate pack would be PERFECT for TS4. So much lore, fun possibilities in gameplay, beautiful historical build/buy and a wild tropical world (not a paradise) etc. I think it would be a versatile pack with the world and build/buy matching GTG's usefulness (not necessarily using clubs a lot but using the rest all the time).
    And remember, pirates aren't only historical. You could make alien pirates (Treasure Planet), a modern cruise ship with a housewife crew etc. You could probably use mods to remove the pirate aspect and access the ships freely, then turn the world into a vacation world with cruise ships.

If anyone is interested, my signature links to my very detailed Pirate EP thread.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Ugh, I hope it's not a food based pack. We already have way too much of that, plus Dine Out. How many more blobs of color do my Sims really need to choose from to stuff in their mouths so they can chew for two hours? Lol. But I know that many people really wanted to play as Chefs so that aspect would make sense. If it's that, I just hope it's connected to a larger theme that I can make use of. I don't like skipping EPs (like I did with Eco) because it's a lot of content. I guess if I really don't like it much I can always catch it on the next half off sale like I did with Get Famous.

But now it has me thinking...what if it's a new career-based pack and Chef is only one of the choices? Kind of a Get To Work part 2. They certainly have been focusing a lot on various jobs and careers.

Get To Work part 2 would be cool

Yeah, I'd quite like a GTW2, they could probably improve upon the first one too since it was released early on and they are doing stuff better now. I absolutely love the scientist career. Maybe we could have teachers or day cares as a normal aspect and then something far out and exciting for another of the jobs. I used to quite like the fireman career in TS3, except it was bugged.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

Indeed. Bands and bed cuddling.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    It’s probably going to be mediocre at best. I’m not getting my hopes up. I haven’t been excited for an expansion pack since Island Living. Although a lot of people wanted Discover University, I didn’t care for it, and I’m only just now starting to warm up to Eco Lifestyle (but still not enough to buy it). What do you think?

I have high hopes. I think it's going to be something a lot of people have asked for eg a Winter Vacation Pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    EA/Maxis you should fix what you have out already and stop adding on new packs as with each new packs there are new bugs. :#

Can't pay for bug fixes without new packs. Just how the system works.

No new packs sold = substantial reduction in the amount of money The Sims is bringing in for EA = less budget for The Sims, because the Suits at EA don't care for anything but the bottom line.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It’s probably going to be mediocre at best. I’m not getting my hopes up. I haven’t been excited for an expansion pack since Island Living. Although a lot of people wanted Discover University, I didn’t care for it, and I’m only just now starting to warm up to Eco Lifestyle (but still not enough to buy it). What do you think?

I have high hopes. I think it's going to be something a lot of people have asked for eg a Winter Vacation Pack.

While I can't say I'm exactly excited about a Winter themed pack (it is not my favorite season) I hope you're right, and this is the pack with the ski chalets and the mountains (and maybe Snowballs of Doom). And hopefully a "hotel" or "rental" lot type that can be used in all worlds, not just vacation worlds. (And that I could be excited for.)
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

I really hope it's a Winter Vacation pack! This would be the best case scenario for me. Unfortunately, the worst case scenario, a Reality TV pack, is far more likely.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020

I really hope it's a Winter Vacation pack! This would be the best case scenario for me. Unfortunately, the worst case scenario, a Reality TV pack, is far more likely.

I'm leaning towards it being exactly that .....like the survey stated, given all of the massive amounts of food competition tweets the Gurus' have been doing lately. The only thing I hope is that if it is some sort of "cooking competition", that we get more counters, cabinets, appliances, general stuff to deck out the professional kitchen.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I'm leaning towards it being exactly that .....like the survey stated, given all of the massive amounts of food competition tweets the Gurus' have been doing lately. The only thing I hope is that if it is some sort of "cooking competition", that we get more counters, cabinets, appliances, general stuff to deck out the professional kitchen.

If we indeed get a cooking pack, I hope we'll get ingredients that matter, and they include a grocery store in the pack and we get to buy the ingredients we don't have. And maybe a real spice rack and more spice options. And maybe a mixing bowl to make cupcakes and other baked treats.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

If it is a reality TV pack, I suppose a show like The Bachelor could be fun to play IF EXECUTED CORRECTLY, especially if it's LGBT-friendly. However, knowing EA, it'll probably consist of going on quest-like dates, where scoring gold allows you to continue to the next round.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Can't pay for bug fixes without new packs. Just how the system works.

No new packs sold = substantial reduction in the amount of money The Sims is bringing in for EA = less budget for The Sims, because the Suits at EA don't care for anything but the bottom line.

Yeah and that is why Sims 4 is an broken game and also why many will always complain about multiple bugs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Happy Haunts theme. I loved ghost hunting in sims 3.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    How about both? >:) Introducing: The Happy Haunts Cooking Contest! Contestants will work in our Ghastly Witch (TM) Kitchen, using our special Gingerbread House oven and matching appliances on our newly distressed Witches Coven or Harried Villager countertops. Brew up your most ghoulish concoction! Bake your most terrifying Evil Cookie recipe! Make use of slimy worms and frogs in an Occult Stir Fry! Compete for the coveted title of Ghoulmaster Chef!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    if they decide to do a pirate pack it should be a gp not ep cuz i dont see how much content they could put into that. id really like to see something for family play. but they dont really focus on that much so it will probably be stuff for adults to do like usual. at least thats what i expect. still a winter pack could be cool. or maybe running hotels or something would be nice.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited October 2020
    babajayne wrote: »
    We don’t even get the newspaper.

This continues to irritate the crap out of me.

I mean, some of us do actually still read newspapers in real life.

But more importantly, in-game it was great for historical saves, and even in modern saves, doing the crossword was such an awesome and vital way for broke new sims to raise their fun level AND their logic skill without spending a ton of money.

Adding the newspaper back is one of those things that would be such a fast, easy, low-maintenance fix that so many of us have asked for that it's hard to imagine why they wouldn't add it to the list.

Personally, I think Eco Living would have been a great opportunity to add newspapers, because here you go, here's one more household item to recycle... and since it comes every day, it would really have helped scratch that itch for the recycling-crazy sims.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    How about both? >:) Introducing: The Happy Haunts Cooking Contest! Contestants will work in our Ghastly Witch (TM) Kitchen, using our special Gingerbread House oven and matching appliances on our newly distressed Witches Coven or Harried Villager countertops. Brew up your most ghoulish concoction! Bake your most terrifying Evil Cookie recipe! Make use of slimy worms and frogs in an Occult Stir Fry! Compete for the coveted title of Ghoulmaster Chef!

This made me laugh and I love the idea!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member

I think so too, set in the mountains and with hotels to manage and the option to buy second homes. People have asked for hotels forever, and that was *not* on the list of things they said we would *not* get, so I think there is a good chance. I would be happy if they announced that, but I'd have a dilemma since I haven't bought anything since EL and I'm fairly determined not to until they fix some of the major bugs.