Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Load Game" Button in game not working

Last night I finally sat down to play and wanted to pick which save I was going to play, but the load game button would not work.

Anyone else have this issue or know why this would happen?

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't had it not load a game, but I've been getting really sluggish loading for over a week now.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I had to press the big button with the arrow on it to get into the game and it just loaded the last save I played. I can't see my other saves.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Are your saves in your save folder?

Make sure that you are not running outdated script mods as well.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

I can't see my saved games in the game. Not sure what script mods are. I have a few mods, don't remember what they are.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020

I can't see my saved games in the game. Not sure what script mods are. I have a few mods, don't remember what they are.

You can go to game options, and disable mods, then exit the game and start it again, if you can see your save games after that, then you have an old mod that is causing problems, script mods are mods that changes the game heavily. Like MC Command Center for example.
    UI cheats can cause issues with your UI so maybe that one needs to be updated if you have that one?

Also check if you can see your saved games in your save folder, your save folder is located at Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves and they are named Slot_0000000c.save or Slot_00000001.save etc.

If nothing else works, try repairing your game by clicking on it in origin and selecting repair.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    This has happened to me before, I've gotten around it by going into options and setting display to "window fullscreen"
  • Options

You can go to game options, and disable mods, then exit the game and start it again, if you can see your save games after that, then you have an old mod that is causing problems, script mods are mods that changes the game heavily. Like MC Command Center for example.
    UI cheats can cause issues with your UI so maybe that one needs to be updated if you have that one?

Also check if you can see your saved games in your save folder, your save folder is located at Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves and they are named Slot_0000000c.save or Slot_00000001.save etc.

If nothing else works, try repairing your game by clicking on it in origin and selecting repair.

I unchecked 'script mods' and that fixed it. Question - how do I know which mods are script mods?
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yeah, it's been weird for a while now. I have to play in a full screen window even with no mods.
  • Options
    Well, this is interesting, sometimes it works with script mods unchecked and sometimes it works with script mods checked - Hummm!!!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2020

I unchecked 'script mods' and that fixed it. Question - how do I know which mods are script mods?

If you go into your Mods folder, check the filename. If it ends in .ts4script, that's a script mod. If it ends in .package, most likely it's just a tuning mod; those can still break but they're not likely to cause big problems like a script mod. Might be a good idea to check all your mods for updates and re-download them; after tomorrow might be a good time in case they slip in some bug fixes that could break some of the mods.

EDIT: Some mods will have both a .package and a .ts4script file as part of the full mod (UI Cheats is a big one, and I believe some of LMS mods as well); you'll want to delete both files when downloading/installing the updated mods.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited October 2020

If you go into your Mods folder, check the filename. If it ends in .ts4script, that's a script mod. If it ends in .package, most likely it's just a tuning mod; those can still break but they're not likely to cause big problems like a script mod. Might be a good idea to check all your mods for updates and re-download them; after tomorrow might be a good time in case they slip in some bug fixes that could break some of the mods.

EDIT: Some mods will have both a .package and a .ts4script file as part of the full mod (UI Cheats is a big one, and I believe some of LMS mods as well); you'll want to delete both files when downloading/installing the updated mods.

@stilljustme2 - All of my files in my mod folder say .package
    Post edited by catmando830 on