Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premade Sims: Place Sims 4 in the "main universe" timeline:

Β«1
KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
So... I've been working on a save file for about 2/3 years now. Its a fix/upgraded version of the premade Sims 4 worlds. In My save file all appearances, relationships, skills, clothing, etc are have been corrected. I also wanted to include more of the premade classic sims, like connecting Zoe Patel to the Patel family in Belladonna Cove (as Ramir and Ana's unborn baby, or maybe as Ramir younger/older sister, don't know yet).
The thing is that I want to share that for you all to enjoy, even more than I want to play myself. So I need some help to decide where the SIms 4 premades could fit in the old Sims 1/2/3 timeline before adding recreation of those classic premade sims. Here are the options:
  1. 50 years before Sunset Valley: According to my calculations, this is where Twinbrook and Moonlight Falls happens. Again, according to my calculation methods, its 23 years before Bridgeport and 33 years before Starlight Shores. So, you'll find recreation of characters from Twinbrook and Moonlight Falls, and younger versions of some characters from Sunset Valley, Bridgeport and Starlight Shores;
  2. 25 years before Sunset Valley: Its around the time or Bridgeport, but in this case you'll find older versions of characters from Twinbrook and Moonlight Falls, and younger characters from Sunset Valley and Starlight Shores;
  3. During Sunset Valley: Here you'll find Sunset Valley characters among your Sims 4 ones. You'll find older versions of past ones mentioned above, maybe others from future, etc... (I don't want to promise too much cuz I'm limiting 7/8 families per world so that I don't overwork);
  4. Between Sunset Valley and Sims 1: This option is here to match the Landgraabs from Oasis Springs, as Malcolm is older;
  5. During Sims 1: 25 years after Sunset Valley, you'll of course find out what happened to those characters. Living along your SIms 4 favorites;
  6. Between Sims 1 and 2: I wanted to include this one which matches with a teen Cassandra, living with her parents and her child brother Alex. Meaning... their Sims 4 version... Maybe I can also match the Caliente/Lothario from Sims 4 as teens or something;
  7. During Sims 2: 25 years after Sims 1, you'll find characters from Sims 2 living here, and get to find what happened to other Sims 1 families like the roomis, Mashugas, etc;
  8. 25 years after Sims 2: here you'll find out what happened to Sims 2 households. This one matches with the young adults Dirk, Dustin and Pleasant twins. Here you could also find Alexander married to Cecilia Goth, and maybe a single Cassandra Lothario after her husband mysteryously disappeared (Time travel?! Riverview?! Someone?!);
  9. Other: share your ideas.

Also, explain to me why you choose your option.

Premade Sims: Place Sims 4 in the "main universe" timeline: 29 votes

50 years before Sunset Valley
0%
25 years before Sunset Valley
0%
During Sunset Valley
0%
Between SV and Sims 1
3%
SelinaKyles 1 vote
During Sims 1
0%
Between Sims 1 and Sims 2
44%
PlayerSinger2010babajayneWyrrenSirenLuminosEnkiSchmidtStutumSimtown15JemmaTheSimmerfilipomelForgeronCavapoo_KingKerriganEnigmaOFFC 13 votes
During SIms 2
3%
Internal_Chaos 1 vote
25 years after Sims 2
27%
Colorist40fruitsbasket101Mindofycatmando830PotterheadSimSimDestroyerGordyehud8651 8 votes
Other (suggest):
20%
taydevduhboy2u2SERVERFRASimmingalcody6268Lief 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    Remember: other worlds like Riverview, Shang Simla, Champs Les Sims, Al Simhara, Sims University, Hidden Springs, etc happen during SUnset Valley timeline, while som happend 25 years before, later etc... I won't promise anything, cuz its too much work for me and too many sims for a single save file. I'll keep working on updates for this save file, tho. So you can expect something from there.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think that the current Sims 4 matches most-closely to this option. It would also be cool if you could create the Pleasant twins as children.
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Before I click a poll option, are you asking us to vote on when we think TS4 occurs, or asking what characters we'd like you to create to be available for download and therefore decide when our version of TS4 is...if that makes sense?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @Alwe1507 not actually what we think Sims 4 occurs, because its set in an alternate universe. Itsm ore like... IF you could place it anywhere, where would you place it? And the choice would lead me to add some characters from other games/worlds matching what their ages should be in said time.

@Simtown15 yes, would be sweet to see them as kids. But I don't know if Alex would be a kid at the same time as them, I have to check my spreadsheet later. But would be cute to see him as a toddler too. hehe
  • Options
    Karon wrote: Β»
    @Alwe1507 not actually what we think Sims 4 occurs, because its set in an alternate universe. Itsm ore like... IF you could place it anywhere, where would you place it? And the choice would lead me to add some characters from other games/worlds matching what their ages should be in said time.

@Simtown15 yes, would be sweet to see them as kids. But I don't know if Alex would be a kid at the same time as them, I have to check my spreadsheet later. But would be cute to see him as a toddler too. hehe

Alternate Universe!? Is it?? 😲
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: Β»

Thats what Maxis said
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options

yep. Thats why nancy and Geoffrey aren't elders, and that Malcolm is evil instead of good, and why the Calientes are YA and Cassie a teen and... and... and a lot of and...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other (suggest):
    Timeline set in an Alternative Universe in a Galaxy Far, Far Away after Sims 3. It's where all the weird, crazy, funny, unusual sims live.
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA haha I wasn't expecting this. But where would you place it if it were in the regular universe?
  • Options
    Other (suggest):
    Actually, that's what I describe Sims 4. I really don't think it belongs in the regular Universe. It's way too out there.πŸ˜†πŸ€£
  • Options

yep. Thats why nancy and Geoffrey aren't elders, and that Malcolm is evil instead of good, and why the Calientes are YA and Cassie a teen and... and... and a lot of and...

It wasn't as apparent to me. Mostly because I think Sims are the correct ages for being a prequel to TS2?

Nancy and Geoffrey weren't in TS2.

Calientes and Cassandra all younger versions of themselves and Bella hasn't been abducted yet...
  • Options
    Actually, that's what I describe Sims 4. I really don't think it belongs in the regular Universe. It's way too out there.πŸ˜†πŸ€£

@SERVERFRA haha I agree... but thats why I'm asking, cuz I'm doing that save file to make it less "too out there", if you know what I mean.
  • Options

It wasn't as apparent to me. Mostly because I think Sims are the correct ages for being a prequel to TS2?

Nancy and Geoffrey weren't in TS2.

Calientes and Cassandra all younger versions of themselves and Bella hasn't been abducted yet...

@Alwe1507 Kinda... The Pleasant twins, Dirk and Dustin could never have been older than Cassie. If I'm not wrong there's no way Cassandra would've been a teen while Alex is a kid. she's 29 days before turning into elder in Sims 2. In Sims 4 we have 24 days for both YA and adults, so she would be around 5 days before turning into adult while Alex is a kid. I think that he would be a baby, toddler or even be in his mother's belly. Also, I think that how they protrayed the Caliente sisters in Barnacle Bay is that they are WAAAAY younger than Cassandra. Maybe it was a mistake, cuz Dina was married to Cassie's uncle, but whatever... I wanna fix all of that nonsense haha not even Sims 2 escaped the mistakes, like... Michael Bachelor was younger than Bella in Sims 1, but he was made older in Sims 2/3.
  • Options
    Other (suggest):
    I think Sims 3 works better with the regular Universe.
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA I see. Like Sunset Valley time?!
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    To me it makes sense that it takes place between 1 and 2, given that Mortimer isn't old yet, Bella is still around and Cassandra is a teen. Fits nicely.
  • Options
    EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    @Stutum agreed... I sure does seem like its between SIms 1/2 if we ignore the Pleasantview teens being YA.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Every premade in TS4 should be treated separately, else, paradoxes everywhere.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @EnigmaOFFC Yes, there are a few things we need to ignore, but otherwise it adds up. ;)
  • Options
    > @Dijktafone said:
    > Every premade in TS4 should be treated separately, else, paradoxes everywhere.

@Dijktafone Do you mean like each world in SIms 4 is a different timeline? Like in SIms 3?
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    No I mean each family has its own timeline in TS4. Like, Don Lothario is slightly younger than Cassandra Goth, if I recall, yet here he's as old as her mom. Malcolm Landgraab is slightly older than Mortimer Goth, yet here, Mortimer is as old as Nancy. Separatelt they're ok-ish (though Bella goth is around 10 years older than her daughter... gross!), but together they make no sense.
  • Options
    @Dijktafone oh, i see. But its something that can be fixed in a save file tho.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2020
    25 years after Sims 2
    I have always wanted ts4 to be a continuation of the timeline. I just want to know what happened to all the premade families i've grown to love. I want to know what happened to the Goth children after everything with Bella happened. I want to know if they ever found her and what actually happened to her. I want to know what happened to the Alto family and why there seems to be no trace of them in ts1 or ts3 and what's up with the Caliente sisters? Things like that. If/when ts5 is made I hope they continue with the original timeline in some fashion.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other (suggest):
    I tend to place events and sims of ts4 existing shortly after ts2 time period or ts2 time period (cause i just really love how stories were back then)

but there is some stories that have none to do with actual storyline but make things more fun for me

such as ts4 bella goth actually not being bella goth but alien posing as her and real bella is still missing cause i just really dislike how they messed up her genetics and personality and everything and there isn't even memories so :/ might as well be not bella

or how i really made this whole story about how vlad was still human during sims medieval and was jacoban priest who ended up getting turned into a vampire and later on ruling kingdom that would end up just being forgotten hollow

overall: existing timeline makes no sense anyway so i just pick whatever is most fun in specific scenario
    they'll all be turned vampires or killed or vampire food anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Other (suggest):
    And the game's timeline isn't really even solid. We have the official recreation of the Pleasants through Maxis in the Gallery. There, everyone is the age they are in TS2. But Angela and Lilith are also premades with University as young adults. Given MCCC usually spawns Mary-Sue and/or Daniel; I've been sort of torn whether or not to age them up to fit more in that timeline.