Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Living in San Myshuno is what breaks the festivals

I've found the glitch with the objects overlapping from not just festivals actually but even the food stalls and furniture that changes out of bounds only happens to me if I live in that world...which obviously puts me off then living there. I can't believe there's still no fix for this years later :( I tried doing a search of the forum to see if anyone else had posted about this but it didn't come up with anything. Has anyone noticed this or found a way to live in that world without the festivals glitching??

Comments

• Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    The only thing that works for me is staying at the festival until everything disappear but if the festival is in another neighborhood it’ll all go away as they should
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    Evee95Evee95 Posts: 66 Member
    @Corvinow have you noticed the food stalls and benches overlapping in the neighbourhood where you live?
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    @Evee95 that only happens if I'm not home while the festival is happening. If I stay around until the end everything disappears normally
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It was fixed for a really long time though, at least in my experience. I can't say I've had it happen in my most recent save where I have a Sim live in San Myshuno. But I haven't played much since the last patch. Unless you're playing in a save from before the bug was fixed, then it will persist, but that really was a while ago, like one or two years?
    The common work around is, as mentioned above, to stay in the neighbourhood until the festival cleans up. I have "hotel" rooms in my community lots near the festival grounds by default. Even though I haven't needed them for this, I still have them.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    @MDianaSims ... yes.. i struggle to let my old saves go lol that will be what it is then... :s
  • Options
    Sorry double post but I want to thank you guys for replying...my first thread see :)
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited October 2020
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2016/11/festivals-spawn-on-top-of-each-other-and-dont-go-away/

"WORKAROUND: If your Sims attend a merged "double festival", make sure that they stay until the end of the current festival (e. g. flea market) when all items have vanished. If the first merged festival (e. g. spice festival) pops up some days later, visit it and stay again until the end."

It helped me get rid of the double festivals once I did this a few times.