Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only a little Annoyed

So you clicked on my post and wondering interesting title for a Sims 4 General Discussion...But wondering why am I annoyed.

I am tired of having bugs or errors on my gaming I search the web and find no answers anywhere, if there is a "solution" some of the answers involved are always Broken CC this or resetting the game..And a lot of times the post someone else posted about the same issue was from a year or more ago. But there is no definite answer; for example after I caved and bought the Star Wars pack twice now my game has gotten stuck on a loading screen, The ironic part is both times is once I finally start the resistance ranks and start another mission. I googled Sims 4 stuck on loading screen and the only solution I have found is possible broken cc. I don't feel like scrolling through my Custom Content to see if it's that but even then it's like if it's not Custom Content then what else is it, is it a bug. I would just like more clarity when trying to find a solution not this scratching of the head game of "What could it be"

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    A lot of people use the 50/50 method for working out if it's CC related. But firstly, you could try taking your Mods folder out to see if the issue persists. If it does, then it's not CC and you can try over at the Answers HQ. If it doesn't persist, then it's definitely CC. While I know it's frustrating to have to sift through your CC to find the culprit, at least you'd be able to play the game!
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    It's frustrating and time consuming. I do it a lot :D Good luck though! Did you maybe have any custom loading screens installed?
    You can also check out this thread for information on CC and Mods that are confirmed to be broken and/or fixed: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020/p1

It's an incredibly valuable thread and might help save you some time! :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    I thought maybe it was my custom overlay but it's not it's still doing it without it... :(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020
    It can be frustrating, but you will get used to it. Always try first without mods, if it happens without mods, repair your game, clear your cache. And if it still happens, try a new save.

If it happens with mods, then you have to do the 50/50 method like MissyHissy said. Add your mods back until you find what is the problem. If you know what the mods change, then it goes faster. Script mods like UI cheats or MC Command center are often the problem and often always needs to be updated with every patch.

CC are rarely the issue, at least from what I have seen, it's often outdated gameplay mods that causes problems for me.

Stuck on loading screen have not happened for me for a long time, last time it happened for me was because I had a save that had too many relationships because I had disabled relationship culling.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    @Pcjunky13 There's some youtubers who have the same, they've suspected it's the Batuu fancy screen transitions causing the issue. Not that knowing what's doing it helps, you're stuck with it until they fix it, unless it is a CC issue.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Custom loading screens don’t work. If you have a mod that does that, you may want to check with that creator for an updated one post-patch. I wonder if that could be the problem.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2020
    You have to take your mod folder out, clear your cache and try it.. It's the only way to see if it's the game or not. I recently tried some mods after adding Star Wars and my loading screen time went from very short.. I don't time it but it's normally well under 30 seconds to like 2 minutes. I didn't want the long loading screen so I just removed the mods I was trying. Boom.. my loading screen was normal again so I figure the mods needed more work and decided they weren't worth playing with at that time.
    I know people get frustrated when their needed or favorite mods/cc won't work but that isn't the fault of the game. When it is the fault of the game make sure you go to the effort of reporting it or at least giving a me too if you have that issue.
    From what I understand because of changes to CAS there are more issues that modders have to figure out, not sure if that causes the loading screen problem but you gotta wait for those updates on updates.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Always, always, always make a back-up of your saves and Tray files before you update your game. Pull your Mods file, too, before you update. If you can't play your game without your mods, then be certain to go into Origin and settings to turn OFF automatic update. Then, go offline and access the game through My Library in Origin to play. That way you can wait until the mods you need are all updated or cleared to play with the latest patch. I had trouble after the Eco Living patch hit. I pulled my Mods and made a back-up but the saved game went wonky. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, twice, then I had to repair my game, twice. Finally, it was suggested I regenerate my Sims4 folder. I ended up starting a brand new game save and was able to add back my Mods folder. Game plays fine, now.

I bypassed all of that this time, by simply starting a brand new game save after I patched. Shortly thereafter the mods I use were all updated, phew! I don't have EL or the SWs GP. Dodged that phaser-blast. But I do sympathize with the problems. Took me a good three days to sort it all out and get back to playing my game. Pull your Mods folder as others have said and be certain to delete the localthumbcache.package file. This file will take care of any residual bits from the mods, so they can't cause interference. Then see if your game still has issues. If so, do a repair game. If that doesn't fix it, pull the entire Sims 4 folder (to your desktop) from your documents and power up your game. Don't worry, the game will regenerate the file and the game will be like new. Start a game and see if the issues are still there. If not, you can change out the new saves folder for your previous one and play the game. Every time you change something be certain to delete the localthumbcache.package file. Then start your game and see what happens. If all else fails, start a new game save. You may have a corrupted file on your hands. Best of luck. I hope this helps you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/