Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020
For later updated: Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Snowy Escape: Nov. 2020
This topic is for collecting reports on mod and custom content status after the September 3, 2020, patch, with the Sims 4 Star Wars Journey to Batuu GP, and with the October 6, 2020, patch. Please keep discussion to reports. Thanks! Lists of what’s currently broken and what’s been updated are below, on this page. But first an important message and some FAQs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Mods that breaks the T game rating cannot
be discussed in these official forums and will not be included in my list. Do not ask about or report on any of them here — it’s against forum rules. There are other places on the internet where things like that can be discussed.FAQ
How This is Organized
- ** NEW ** Q: How often do you update this thread? A: I update with new posts as I get info in, so if you follow the thread, you should get Forum notifications. Updating p. 1 happens less frequently because, frankly, it’s a bit of a pain. Please assume that it’s at most daily.
- ** NEW ** Q: I’m not on the Forums regularly and I want push notifications. Is there somewhere else I can get updates? A: Yes! I post broken/update info for mods and CC and new bugfix (and similar) mods on Discord on this non-NSFW/T-rated server, which is otherwise primarily for creators: Creator Musings: https://discord.gg/qxz5Kn5 . Unlike here, there I also post updates that are for new mod features or other improvements, including updates to non-broken CC! Creators can also post there directly. If you’re on Deaderpool’s server, news about the more popular mods gets posted there, including by creators. For new pack-related CC, one option (Maxis match only) is the Discord server #S4MM, which has pack-specific categories: https://discord.gg/N5ucCPt
- ** NEW ** Q: Is there a list somewhere with all the older broken stuff on it? A: Yep! Check out Simsonic’s Mod Tracker: https://simsonic.weebly.com/modtracker.html.
- **NEW** Q: I want to report a broken mod. A: That’s not a question, but here’s what you need to know anyway: Before reporting a mod is broken, test it:
- Back up your saves in case you save over a favorite file while you’re testing.
- Remove everything from your Mods folder except the mod being tested and, if you’re looking for a last exception (LE) to be generated, TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions i]currently broken[/i and/or the core MC Command Center files.
- Delete the localthumbcache file.
- Open your game and test to see if the mod is doing what it should. If it’s still broken, please let me know! Include how it’s broken, if possible, and let the creator know too.
- **UPDATED** Q: Mod X has an update but you haven’t listed it. Why not? A: I might just not have known yet. I might have posted it to the thread but not gotten around to updating p. 1 yet. Or it’s an NSFW/18+ mod and it is not allowed to be mentioned on the official Forums. Or the update is for some reason other than to fix a broken mod or to include new pack/patch-related content, in which case, see above for where I post on Discord.
- Q: Is _________ mod broken? A: Is it a mod that would break the game rating (that is, it’s NSFW/18+)? Nobody can answer that here on the official Forums. Is it on page 1, reported broken by a Simmer after the list was last updated, or reported compatible by its creator since the list was last updated? If not, then I don’t know.
- Q: Why is there a section for mods reported fine by the modder but not by players? A: Because a mod that seems to be working for you might still be broken in a way you haven’t yet seen or can’t see without looking at the code.
- Q: When will such-and-such update their mod? I can’t play without it! What am I supposed to do?! A: They’ll update it when they can, plus some creators prefer to wait for a pack to be actually out or have to wait until a tool they use has been updated. Please don’t pressure the creators — it’s not going to make them update faster. Go for a walk, get a whole lot of housework over with, read a book, play a different game, or start up a temporary, while-you-wait save.
- Q: My Sims are shiny. What’s causing that? A: For shiny Sims, start by eliminating skins and skin details. Generally speaking, though, if your Sims are looking all weird, some CC is broken.
- Q: Why does Maxis always break things?! A: Mods and CC speak to the game code. If the part of the code they speak to is changed by a bug fix or new feature, thos mods and CC can no longer speak to it. Maxis provides a lot of support to modders and CC creators, but the only way they could not break mods and CC would be by not updating/patching the game. By choosing to use mods and CC, you accept risks, including that your (unofficial) add-ons may become noncompatible.
- Mods and Tools
- Broken Tools (this post)
- Broken Mods (this post)
- Updated Mods & Tools
- Outdated/No Longer Needed Mods - remove these
- Mods & Tools Confirmed by the Creator as Fine
- Broken and Updated CC
- New Mods and CC of Particular Interest for the Patch/Pack
(see below for broken mods that have been updated)
- all custom loading screens (see updates below)
- event mods by MSQSims (see updates below)
- aspirations by jackboog21 (see updates below)
- Child Stars (NateTheLoser)
- Control Any Sim (TitanNano)
- Deadly Spellcasters (andrian_m.l)
- Keep Portable Computer in Inventory (GuiSchilling19)
- No Autonomous Drinks (SorG)
- NPCC (Paulson) - broken with the SW pack on Batuu
- Occult Mod Manager (jackboog21)
- PlantSim Trait (jackboog21) - no plans to revive this one
... and any other mod involving rabbitholesNo Longer Considered Broken
- rabbithole careers: updated advice. I've removed these from the Broken Mods list. Initially, it was assumed by those of us tracking at Deaderpool's server and looking at initial code, that broken rabbithole code affected careers. So far, however, the only actual reports of breakage are unconfirmed in testing. We have no reason to consider these broken.
FAQ: culling relationship decay
#FreeTheBabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #FarmTeam