Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats Broke Now

Comments

• Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Honestly, the shorter list would be, "What's Not Broke" this time.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    threads like this are important though so thanks to the op for starting this ...hopefully everyone goes to EA HQ and either report of choose "me too" ..it sounds like the playing chess issue can be recreated ....where i am not tech savvy ..i know from working with those who are that if they can recreate an issue that is half the battle to fixing it...so I shall hope....my sims frequently play chess and i don't want that to be on a senseless loop like watching movies is right now ....it really does make going in game a challenge. Please EA fix my chess thing
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited September 2020
    I haven't updated since spring and won't be doing it anytime soon, if ever. It's only getting worse with every following patch.

Same! I am with you, it is annoying and a shame to have to resort to this but necessary. 😞

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    My sims keep walking away when I’m the middle of cooking so I have to monitor it it’s so annoying! Also regarding cc windows, are we able to fix them in sims 4 studio now or is it still not possible? Do we think they’ll release a new patch soon to fix everything it broke?
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited September 2020
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    It is clear to say that the game wasn't tested by the team when the patch was released :|

I've honestly wondered if Maxis actually has a QA team.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Is knitting broken? My sim keeps starting knitting projects but they never appear in her inventory.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Is knitting broken? My sim keeps starting knitting projects but they never appear in her inventory.
    There is a club gathering one:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-NKSP-GT-Sims-do-not-knit-in-club-gathering/m-p/9365232

These are the current Nifty Knitting ones that are reported:
    "Nifty Knitting

[OPEN] Gifting Knitted Item doesn't count for Aspiration (velvetmews)
    [NEEDS INPUT] Sims do not knit in club gathering (reggikko1960)
    [OPEN] Lin-Z speaker does not have Focus and METAL stations (jpkarlsen)
    [OPEN] METAL/Focus not playing on earbuds/ Sim Resets (CARR1EF1SHER)
    [NEEDS INPUT] Sim w/o kleptomaniac trait can swipe Nifty knitting objects (siirysiir)
    [NEEDS INPUT] Sims does not own yarn balls generated by cats (sweet_sims83)
    [NEEDS SAVES] Can't ship on Plopsy (Brownie_Bunnie)
    [NEEDS INPUT] Using plopsy on a broken computer (greymon09)"

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/6374119#M130080
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am always worried that there is going to be a patch one day that is just not workable for me. Wrecking a mod that is essential to me, introducing a feature that is not working for me. That is why I have about 2GB of Tray Folders tucked away. They contain lots from builders and all kinds of cool things. Always hope that things will work out and that I can get a mod for that which really irks me but I'm prepared to go offline and stay there at any moment.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It is clear to say that the game wasn't tested by the team when the patch was released :|

Maybe that's really what they mean when they say that they're "listening" - that in reality, we are the QA team :joy:
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I have the social clubs bug as well but it is not only with knitting, happens also with some other activities. It is not caused by the latest patch though because it is not a new bug. I really hope they fix this one soon because i love the social clubs.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sadly, we the customers are the testers as they can certify that it is bug free on their systems and with different systems it is kind of hard to know who exactly will have problems with bugs. Another scenario some bugs activate after an certain routine in which many may not even get the bug until they do that routine. The problem with EA/Maxis is the time they take on reacting to bugs that are reported.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Erryting is broke broke

Dogs (apparently), chess games, movies, freelance careers, homework, gardening...

WTH are the teams going to do about this, and when is the main question. This is totally unacceptable, and there is no excuse for the game to be in such a fractured state. This goes way beyond a few little annoyances. Those bugs are all game breakers to a lot of players. And relying on the modding community for solutions isn't always the best way to go because of all the patches and updates we're forced to install every few weeks that usually decimates every mod in my mods folder. I am beyond livid and I didn't even install the latest patch! I have just one thing to add to my tirade: If you value your game don't buy that new GP. If the teams allowed this buggy patch to be released there is no way of knowing what they let slip through the cracks in order to get JtB released on time.

You know if it was done right in the first place there wouldn't be a need for all these mods.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yep knitting is completely broken for me. My sim is either finishing the knitting interaction early with no option to continue it or she is finishing the item but it never appears in her inventory, I'm not sure which of these options is the issue.

I've tried taking out all my mods and cc to make sure nothing is conflicting and it still isn't working.

It was working fine before the last patch. Now I'm sad. I'm playing the Munch household and I wanted Mila to be a knitting enthusiast. :(
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Erryting is broke broke

Dogs (apparently), chess games, movies, freelance careers, homework, gardening...

The Force is angry because the force was cut from the game play and our sims cannot use force powers. lol
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Selvadorada is broken - it is broke broke BROKE.

My sim vacationing there, whenever you click the M key it crashes to the desktop.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-4-crashing-after-September-2020-update/td-p/9478006

Heavy sigh
    heavy sigh indeed.

Repaired my game (which I should not have done, always check the bug reports before doing something that drastic) and still have the same problem.

SW seems to have fundamentally changed the way vacation worlds work. It should have been a standalone Sims game and not wedged into this game and caused so many problems and so much outrage.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Maybe that's really what they mean when they say that they're "listening" - that in reality, we are the QA team :joy:
    I mean you could be by signing up to become a playtester:
    https://www.ea.com/playtesting
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    A game repair seems to have fixed my knitting problems. I guess that's one thing less that's broken. :D
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    A game repair seems to have fixed my knitting problems. I guess that's one thing less that's broken. :D

What??? You have less bugs than us now??? I hate you. That's it. Give me your game lol.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Yesterday my Sims dog was dirty and she tried to bathe him and it continued forever. She never finished bathing the dog. I tried traveling to another lot and I even restarted my game, but my Sim just couldn't finish bathing the poor dog. I finally gave up and used the cheat to "make happy". I hate using cheats and I don't normally use them, but I didn't know how else would I have gotten the dog clean. :/
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have EL disabled because of so many bugs from it, did not update the latest patch abd playing offline till we get some real fixes. I thought my Sims drinking endlessly with the progress bar getting close to done but never stopping, was over, but its not. They still cant watch a movie unless its the Season Premiere holiday thing.

I know when they do their feeds they usually have just base game and that pack theyre showing enabled or installed, I believe, but a majority of people have all or at least several ( I have all but SW) packs and they need to seriously do a better job with this. I know they posted a message saying theyre aware, but that doesn't mean much tbh, because they've been aware of some things that have not worked right since they came out or g or years, and those are still having issues, like some active careers ( detective I believe).

I like playing my Sims and the things that are wrong with the game are in many ways making it not as enjoyable for most as it could be. They do need to put more money into having more people that are on top of fixing problems, but if they don't test it properly and start making this game work right when you have more than basegane plus whatever new pack it is, then it won't ever work right.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

I have but I don't live in the UK so we can never participate anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    and then they have the nerve to come up wise cracks when they publish a patch.
  • Options
    sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    Not read through the whole thread yet but had anyone noticed that groups playing darts never play the whole game? You get the moodlets as if they have but only one sim actually throws any darts. It's irritating because it's a good way to get multiple people as friends. Please fix this EA!

@sapphiretiger Crinrict has confirmed your bug and started a thread about it. Click me too if you like:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Playing-Darts-not-working-as-it-should/m-p/9477809#M155000

I looks like voidcritter games are broken like chess games.

Thank you so much for letting me know! I've done just that thank you.
  • Options

That is a shame even with remote playtesting.
  • Options

That is a shame even with remote playtesting.

I know :( I've asked them about it and they do plan on changing it but to my knowledge that hasn't happened yet. But maybe some day! I'd love playtesting, I'd rather give constructive feedback than complain after the fact if given the opportunity :blush: