March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Makes me question why did they bother? Idk...I am salty about that.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    Saw Plumbella's review...Aliens are masks...No new traits.Half unlocking clothes AGAIN?.No! Horrible Kylo Ren textured mask. Can't make those aliens. Flying is a rabbit hole, most places in Batuu are a semi-rabbit hole OH and the world is half set dressing .....

FAIL!

WOW....that’s even worse than I expected. Sounds like a complete failure.
    I feel bad for anybody who was hyping this...

I expected just that. You could see in the first trailer that those were just masks. A German game changer said it straight away (Daniel_SimFans).
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    Saw Plumbella's review...Aliens are masks...No new traits.Half unlocking clothes AGAIN?.No! Horrible Kylo Ren textured mask. Can't make those aliens. Flying is a rabbit hole, most places in Batuu are a semi-rabbit hole OH and the world is half set dressing .....

FAIL!

They also disabled the “flirt” options for named characters, so no romantic relationships at all.

Wait, are you serious!? They give your spawn a whole exclusive trait as the result of a sim banging Santa Clause but you can't flirt with Kylo or Rey?
    Yep
    So much for the player being able to "tell their own Star Wars story"
    This! It takes away any chance of selling this to people that don’t get/want Star Wars, you can’t make it what you want it to be. Also it won’t add anything for those who wanted to expand on Star Wars lore, no descendants for those characters.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2020
    Lmao, imagine it gets bad reception and it goes on sale the following week, happened to Fallout 76 🤣 but knowing the gurus, they’d probably be like “it actually sold well🧐”
    Without giving actual numbers
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

FAIL!

They also disabled the “flirt” options for named characters, so no romantic relationships at all.

Wait, are you serious!? They give your spawn a whole exclusive trait as the result of a sim banging Santa Clause but you can't flirt with Kylo or Rey?
    Yep

Aw man this makes my decision not to buy this even more firm. Too bad. And a very strange design choice indeed.
    Lmao, imagine it gets bad reception and it goes on sale the following week, happened to Fallout 76 🤣 but knowing the gurus, they’d probably be like “it actually sold well🧐”
    Without giving actual numbers

notice how they never give out these numbers? Yeah I call 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    to be fair, even when they give numbers and say that 30 million players are actively engaged with sims 4, people still say its made up. but again , this pack is awful trash. trash bin material.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,710 Member
    edited September 2020
    It's...just a shell.

I fell asleep watching people playing this, I just saw sims running back and forth between rabbit holes. But I have also worked for 12 hours straight...

Also, I'm definitely going to wait until my mods have been updated before I patch the game. There are a lot of UI changes here which will most likely crash all kinds of mods.
    EA needs to be forthcoming...and release a formal apology , for the creation of this pack.

And then proceed to give us a roadmap of how they are going to make things better. Instead of plotting a course to Baatu!, let's plot a course about how we're going to turn this game around. From a trainwreck to a success.
    EA needs to be forthcoming...and release a formal apology , for the creation of this pack.

And then proceed to give us a roadmap of how they are going to make things better. Instead of plotting a course to Baatu!, let's plot a course about how we're going to turn this game around. From a trainwreck to a success.

You know they won't.
    Please nobody choose me, for a free giveaway of this pack! I cant take it.

But i will take the windows placement update thats coming today in the FREE patch. I like to build and we need better building tools. Thats the type of stuff i want them spending time on. Building additions that builders have BEEN begging for. The T.O.O.L mod by Tmexi, is a better tool than anything they have added in sims 4.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    All I can think is... Give modders time. You'll be able to flirt and have babies with the Star Wars characters. I wonder if the MC Command Center can get around it by setting relationship levels. I'm not buying the pack and don't like Star Wars, so I don't really care. However, I know there are people who only wanted it for the possibility of being with what's his face.
    bixters wrote: »
    The Sims 4 had the worst birthday.
    First, the gurus did nothing to celebrate it. And now, they have this disaster of a pack :D:D

Yep.....Let's please put poor ol TS4 out to pasture....poor thing been milked dry.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    All I can think is... Give modders time. You'll be able to flirt and have babies with the Star Wars characters. I wonder if the MC Command Center can get around it by setting relationship levels. I'm not buying the pack and don't like Star Wars, so I don't really care. However, I know there are people who only wanted it for the possibility of being with what's his face.
    It will be interesting to see if they can. There is a lot of talk about that on Twitter, and some of the modders aren’t sure how easy it will be. Either way that won’t help console players, or those that dislike mods. I’m not worried myself as I have no interest in buying this, it was just something I knew others were hoping for.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

You know they won't.

But we can dream. ;-;
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member

I really, REALLY hate leaving things to the modders. Because it's not their job to add options and depth to this game. I wouldn't even be playing Sims 4 right now if it weren't for them and that is a serious problem.

TS2: I didn't need mods and CC but I want them.
    TS3: The only mods I really need were the ones to fix the bugs and lag. Aside from that, I can enjoy the game just fine and don't need a lot of CC.
    TS4: I've got so many mods and custom content installed that it's almost a completely different game now. And there are not a lot that I could do without (It's always so painful, having to cull the ones that don't get updated). This is the first game where I actually NEED to download third party content to enjoy it. And that's an issue. Most of the time it feels like the modders, who are doing all of this for free, are more in touch with the community than the people who are paid to be. So I'm done buying flawed packs just because I'm sure "modders will fix it". The last time I did that was with Cats and Dogs and I'm sticking too it. If EA can't fix it themselves, they don't get my money.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    Plumbella really just confirms to me that this pack is exactly what I thought it was. Not worth it :/ A little disappointing nonetheless, but hey.

Also "just go on a Google streetview tour of Disney honestly" cracked me up :joy:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,392 Member
    edited September 2020

FAIL!

Betcha Lucasfilm had some input in on this pile of garbage.

Lucasfilm: "OK...EA...we'll let you do a Star Wars themed game pack for Sims 4, but you'd better not mess with the canon characters..."

EA: "OK...we'll just turn flirting off...for those characters".
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    I can’t believe I am in here saying this, but I agree with all of you. As a long time Star Wars fan girl, and a more recent Sims fan girl the disappointment I feel surrounding this pack is so real it’s painful. I have every single dlc released so far including the notorious MFPS, and have bought every single one them on release. But, this, I can’t justify this, not a full price anyway. I don’t blame the devs either. I place the blame squarely on Disney’s doorstep.

As I said, Star Wars and I go all the way back to opening night of A New Hope, and when I heard Disney bought the franchise I nearly wept for just this reason. They rule their magic kingdom with an iron fist. They tightly control their image, and marketing to the point of suffocating most creativity so this collab was doomed from the start.

The silence of the devs on Twitter, the lack of a livestream all speaks to me of contractual obligation over this being any kind of a passion project for them, and notice they aren’t full throatedly defending it either. I am sure by contract they can’t speak against it, or even gives us much behind the scenes info on the dev process because no doubt they are tied into an ironclad Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Even if some of them love Star Wars, which I know for a fact from Twitter several do, as I and many others do I am sure as I am typing this that they had to let Disney check and quadruple check every single aspect to ensure it fit into their narrow little box that is a Disney product.

So now what we have is an extraordinarily lackluster, likely un-mod-able pack that has no element of The Sims trademark sandbox gameplay at all. I mean even Strangerville, which I personally still enjoy playing, my bet is Disney didn’t so much collaborate as dictate exactly how this pack would be. You can bet your land speeder they researched every aspect of TS4 and the GC program and the community as whole, and made absolutely certain that only certain GCs got access, those most likely to give a positive review and the highest number of subs, and made sure that no hanky pinky whatsoever would befall their characters as much as possible and their world couldn’t be altered.

The fact that Plumbella skewered them is probably going to shock the shoes off of them because she probably got early access due to her willingness to play occult and fantasy game styles and her large fan base.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy Disney movies and show even at my advanced age, but seriously they are the least creative, most formulaic “artistic” corporation on the planet. You always know what you’re getting with them, no surprises, none. But, this is a crying shame in my opinion because I honestly believe if the devs had been given their usual free reign on creativity especially the ones who love Star Wars this game pack would have been amazing. The GPS are almost consistently the best dlc in this series but this one falls way short.

We can love SW and still hate this pack.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Please nobody choose me, for a free giveaway of this pack! I cant take it.

But i will take the windows placement update thats coming today in the FREE patch. I like to build and we need better building tools. Thats the type of stuff i want them spending time on. Building additions that builders have BEEN begging for. The T.O.O.L mod by Tmexi, is a better tool than anything they have added in sims 4.

I rather them spend more time on gameplay depth. There’s more love for builders then making the sims more meaningful
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I can’t believe I am in here saying this, but I agree with all of you. As a long time Star Wars fan girl, and a more recent Sims fan girl the disappointment I feel surrounding this pack is so real it’s painful. I have every single dlc released so far including the notorious MFPS, and have bought every single one them on release. But, this, I can’t justify this, not a full price anyway. I don’t blame the devs either. I place the blame squarely on Disney’s doorstep.

As I said, Star Wars and I go all the way back to opening night of A New Hope, and when I heard Disney bought the franchise I nearly wept for just this reason. They rule their magic kingdom with an iron fist. They tightly control their image, and marketing to the point of suffocating most creativity so this collab was doomed from the start.

The silence of the devs on Twitter, the lack of a livestream all speaks to me of contractual obligation over this being any kind of a passion project for them, and notice they aren’t full throatedly defending it either. I am sure by contract they can’t speak against it, or even gives us much behind the scenes info on the dev process because no doubt they are tied into an ironclad Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Even if some of them love Star Wars, which I know for a fact from Twitter several do, as I and many others do I am sure as I am typing this that they had to let Disney check and quadruple check every single aspect to ensure it fit into their narrow little box that is a Disney product.

So now what we have is an extraordinarily lackluster, likely un-mod-able pack that has no element of The Sims trademark sandbox gameplay at all. I mean even Strangerville, which I personally still enjoy playing, my bet is Disney didn’t so much collaborate as dictate exactly how this pack would be. You can bet your land speeder they researched every aspect of TS4 and the GC program and the community as whole, and made absolutely certain that only certain GCs got access, those most likely to give a positive review and the highest number of subs, and made sure that no hanky pinky whatsoever would befall their characters as much as possible and their world couldn’t be altered.

The fact that Plumbella skewered them is probably going to shock the shoes off of them because she probably got early access due to her willingness to play occult and fantasy game styles and her large fan base.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy Disney movies and show even at my advanced age, but seriously they are the least creative, most formulaic “artistic” corporation on the planet. You always know what you’re getting with them, no surprises, none. But, this is a crying shame in my opinion because I honestly believe if the devs had been given their usual free reign on creativity especially the ones who love Star Wars this game pack would have been amazing. The GPS are almost consistently the best dlc in this series but this one falls way short.

We can love SW and still hate this pack.

I won’t say I hate it, but I cannot fully express how deeply disappointing it is. I am not kidding when I say this one hurts, in my soul. 😞. But, I am not surprised when I think what happened to the quality of a lot of the SW movies once Disney got their hands on them too.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited September 2020
    So I watched plumBella’s review of the game pack and all I will say is, I originally planned on giving this game pack a chance but now my opinion has kind of differed after seeing the pack...