Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Turns 6 Years Old Today!

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Happy birthday Sims 4! I'm interested to see what's in store for the next couple of years!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Komura wrote: »

I love her so much~

EDIT : Okay someone gave me an insightful just FOR THIS?! Someone really doesn't like me no matter what I post.

Is insightful a bad thing? Doesn't it just mean your comment was thoughtful and interesting? I didn't do it btw :D

No it is not a bad thing. When we first lost the dislike button a few (very few) started using it that way. No one pays attention to that anymore at least as far as I know. Insightful is a good thing.

And I don't know how Kae even knows how someone doesn't like her/his post in the first place by someone hitting insightful unless they know they have posted something distasteful or rude.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    Poor Sims 4. I really hope your parents didn't forget your birthday :(
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    Time really flies, huh? I too remember when the full game finally came out for us all to enjoy! When the CAS Demo dropped, I played it for hours on end, so excited to finally bring some of my old TS3 Sims into the new worlds, and create some new ones to boot! Now I've got a whole rotational save with 300+ Sims spread across every world, living their unique little pixel-y lives, and I love 'em all.

Happy Anniversary to the Sims 4! 🎉🎉🎉

You’re the first person I’ve seen who has more Sims than I have in one save! I’m glad to hear the game still works well at 300+! I’m at around 250.

Also, Happy Anniversary to TS4, and thanks for all the fun! :)
    *low whistle* 250 Sims is no joke! Fortunately my husband really buffed up my PC, so it runs pretty smoothly. Still gotta go through and cull townies from time to time tho 👍 Here's to our ridiculous amounts of pixel people, lol! 🥂
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I love her so much~

EDIT : Okay someone gave me an insightful just FOR THIS?! Someone really doesn't like me no matter what I post.

Is insightful a bad thing? Doesn't it just mean your comment was thoughtful and interesting? I didn't do it btw :D

No it is not a bad thing. When we first lost the dislike button a few (very few) started using it that way. No one pays attention to that anymore at least as far as I know. Insightful is a good thing.

And I don't know how Kae even knows how someone doesn't like her/his post in the first place by someone hitting insightful unless they know they have posted something distasteful or rude.

I love her so much~

I'm pretty sure some people do still use it in a negative way. You can tell by reading the post, if it's not particularly insightful but it's got insightful points...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I didn't join in playing TS4 till around summer 2016. I remember the first pack I bought was GT. But what got me to play was a certain youtube user's videos. I cannot remember his name but he always ended each video with "Take it easy, lemon squeezy."
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020

I love her so much~

I love her so much~

I'm pretty sure some people do still use it in a negative way. You can tell by reading the post, if it's not particularly insightful but it's got insightful points...

Exactly xD
    cause in point I got an insightful when I said that I loved Plumbella....like how is this informative...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not to be *that* person but I'm kinda disappointed by the silence from the team. I get they haven't done much for anniversaries in the past but to not even post a graphic for it is just weird

The day's not over yet. 🙂

True. I forget how far behind US timezones are

Well I guess the day is over. 😀

As far as the insightful thing some use it sarcastically to mean just the opposite. Superficial, shallow, trite, not really contributing to the discussion.
  • Options
    Not to be *that* person but I'm kinda disappointed by the silence from the team. I get they haven't done much for anniversaries in the past but to not even post a graphic for it is just weird

As far as the insightful thing some use it sarcastically to mean just the opposite. Superficial, shallow, trite, not really contributing to the discussion.

That proves my point...

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member

I knew that and its sad it still goes on. Would be better if the dislike button made a return. I feel bad now for some of the insightfuls I have given which were for what was intended in the first place: a good thing. I'll remember to no longer use it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020

I knew that and its sad it still goes on. Would be better if the dislike button made a return. I feel bad now for some of the insightfuls I have given which were for what was intended in the first place: a good thing. I'll remember to no longer use it.

Man, I feel dumb now. This had me over here thinking 25 people thought I was smart and said powerful things, now I’m sad 25 people think I’m a poo head. Yo I even told my friends xD
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Sorry Sims 4! Your own parents forgot your birthday. Happy 6th year.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Man, I feel dumb now. This had me over here thinking 25 people thought I was smart and said powerful things, now I’m sad 25 people think I’m a poo head. Yo I even told my friends xD

It does often get used as a downvote, which is why I don't personally give them out. A lot of people who don't know about it think they're compliments, and I don't think that's necessary to do.
  • Options
    JoBass24us wrote: »

tenor.gif
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

It does often get used as a downvote, which is why I don't personally give them out. A lot of people who don't know about it think they're compliments, and I don't think that's necessary to do.

I honestly haven’t been on the forums since Sims 3, I had no idea. I’ve been giving them out left and right. Maybe I am a poo head.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2020

I honestly haven’t been on the forums since Sims 3, I had no idea. I’ve been giving them out left and right. Maybe I am a poo head.

If it makes you feel any better, 947 people think that I'm a poo head.

I used to give them out too before I learned about the intent.
  • Options

If it makes you feel any better, 947 people think that I'm a poo head.

We can be poo heads together. It’ll be fun.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited September 2020
    JoBass24us wrote: »

Sad_Party.jpg

At least the community remembers.
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    this is so sad...they couldn’t even send out a tweet? it seems a little late right now so if they do it’s more of an after-thought. but i am happy to have another reiteration of the game i love and my birthday wish for the franchise is it gets better :-)
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Poor Sims 4. I really hope your parents didn't forget your birthday :(

Well they sure forgot what the sims is suppose to be.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Happy Birthday/anniversary, Sims 4! <3
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

You're not alone! I always thought it meant that what you posted was thought provoking. That's good to know! In the future, I'll make sure I don't use on other people's post.

So, basically "Insightful" is a thumbs down or downvote?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    this is so sad...they couldn’t even send out a tweet? it seems a little late right now so if they do it’s more of an after-thought. but i am happy to have another reiteration of the game i love and my birthday wish for the franchise is it gets better :-)

Someone wished The Sims 4 Happy Birthday, and SimGuruNinja gave him a fist bump gif on twitter.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/with_replies
  • Options

Someone wished The Sims 4 Happy Birthday, and SimGuruNinja gave him a fist bump gif on twitter.

All while him and the rest of the gurus clog up their feeds on praising and talking about the new challenge on spark and the SW pack...
  • Options

The Sims twitter also liked someone else’s post about it too. Apparently they haven’t acknowledged the sims 4’s birthday since 2017 from what I saw.