Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack 10

Comments

• Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Generations
    Something with real-style gameplay will be fine. I like generations idea, but music/hobbies/apartments/winter theme will be also fine. Additionaly I want to have something as nightlife+hot date. Get Together is fine but it is not what I expect as night life pack.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Supernaturals and travel seem more like GP material when I look at the pack we already have. Besides it looks like star wars will be a destination world so I don't expect a travel pack this year anymore.

I expect either farming or something for teens (malls, high school,...) But not for all ages like generations. Or something completely different.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Generations
    I desperately want Generations!
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I really want a Country Living pack. A good sized, rural, non-American world with large lots (I'm desperate for some non-American residential worlds!). Horses and horse related skills/jobs/aspirations are a must for me as I love horses and want a good amount of game play for them - a stable lot, equestrian career, aspiration, trait, I want a good amount of game at for horses. Chickens and other farm-like pets (object style or tied to a pen etc. is fine imo) and some crops would be good for farming as well. Using grown vegetables to cook and wheat to make bread and all of that could be really fun.

The other options sound good, but I'd say they would all work as game packs better than expansions. I want more travel options, they seem to be done as game packs which I'm happy with. Same with supernaturals, I'm happy with them in game packs as they've been good in the past. Hobbies, Generations and Music (hopefully bands!) would also each work as a game pack, they don't need to be expansions as they don't need a world and it would be good to just focus in on the gameplay. Parenthood is a good example of a game pack with no world but a good amount of gameplay, so I think it would work for those ones in a similar way.
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    Generations
    They don't really listen but would love generations pack. But i am excited for star wars. They need to patch in for free at least 200gb of game fixes and everything missing from the base game and baby fixes and cars and skin tone fixes. Then the game will be complete and people will quit complaining as much as they do. We need trash compactors back and more like the previous games had. Then we can move on from complaining the fans.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Most of these options would fit better in a game pack. Besides, at this point the next EP (if we get one in November) is probably already almost finished.

A generations EP could be fun, but I know most people would want it to be focused on prom, baby showers, and teaching teens how to drive (if cars are included by then) and that doesn't really interest me. I'd be more interested in relationships having more weight and meaning and more activities families could do together.

A farming/country pack would be more interesting to me right now especially if it came with a nice big rural world and more hobbies like canning and sewing.

What I think is coming is a winter world with hotels/resorts, but I guess we'll have to wait a couple months to know for sure.
  • Options
    flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    Hobbies
    i think people look at sims 3 generations with rose tinted glasses because that pack was one of the weakest for the sims 3 it added little features that should have been in the base game. it didn't even come with a new world. if we get generations for the sims 4 i have a feeling we will also get a lackluster pack because they know people will buy it regardless. a hobbies pack would be fun but i'd want it to be a gamepack rather than a whole expansion.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Generations
    i think people look at sims 3 generations with rose tinted glasses because that pack was one of the weakest for the sims 3 it added little features that should have been in the base game. it didn't even come with a new world. if we get generations for the sims 4 i have a feeling we will also get a lackluster pack because they know people will buy it regardless. a hobbies pack would be fun but i'd want it to be a gamepack rather than a whole expansion.

It was the BEST pack for me in TS3. It added so much of my favourite gameplay very early on in the series. I've enjoyed the game ever since a lot!

There are usually 4 very game changing themes in TS series that add most of the replayable gameplay and expend massively on the base:

1) Seasons
    2) Pets
    3) Generations
    4) Work EP with Open Business options

Everything else is always just the cherry on top and it's a shame we don't have Generations in TS4 yet. Parenthood isn't generations, though it's one of the best packs, I love it!

What I need for the TS4:

1) Generations coming with a personality overhaul (more traits, traits and emotions really MEAN something), updated babies like in TS Freeplay and lots of family activities, more playground options, a "play on playground" interaction, more non-object interactions for our children and activities for all the life stages!
    2) A teenager pack with active school life coming with preteens preferably or an update that makes the teens shorter and actually look like teens! it's been done by a modder, so I don't believe it can't be done by the devs.
    3) More venues on one lot, like 2 separate residential venues (for building your own apartments and town houses) or a bar, a cafe and a library on one lot (for example). Also, I want my Sims to be able to live on their business lots.
    4) Real vacations with a hotel system and more activities (more group activities!) on the beach, more pool activiites and more snow activities (I want a vacation pack coming with both: a beach and a winter destination)
    5) Farming coming with Horses and a switzerland like world
    6) Romantic and wedding pack coming with new wedding stuff and romantic interactions like Slow Dancing and adding turn-offs and turn-ons
    7) A Hobby pack coming with all kinds of sports and activities like bands, real soccer games, ballet classes, hip hop dance groups, lots of afterschool activities for our kids, etc.

After that I'll be the happiest Simmer alive and will enjoy my game so much, I won't complain about stupid packs like Star Wars anymore. The reason to why this pack was so ill received is that even after 6 years, the game is so shallow and there are not enough activities for our Sims. It's not as immersive as previous iterations. We miss so many things. If they had added those things up until now the uproar would have been much more subtle. Of course there are always people who like a pack and there are always people who complain, but this time the outrage is massive and rightfully so. I am glad this happened. I hope it has good consequences for TS4 and it finally becomes the game we all wish for.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Hobbies
    I really want more activities for my sims (of all ages), especially for sims to do together. Hobbies would be a great way to introduce more for my sims to do. I would be equally happy with generations but I feel like that's less likely to become a realist following parenthood and toddler stuff (but I would love for the devs to acknowledge the elder sims as well!).
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Where's the farm pack option?

Also, I very much doubt Generations would be a full-scale EP as a good part of it was done in Parenthood EP.
    Supernatural is more likely to be done by specific GPs and same with travel packs, if OR and JA are of any indication.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hobbies
    good golly! it's like the content poles of Sims4 right now transit between greenbeans on one end and tofu on the other and I am just hoping for some pepperoni pizza.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Generations
    Where's the farm pack option?

Also, I very much doubt Generations would be a full-scale EP as a good part of it was done in Parenthood EP.
    Supernatural is more likely to be done by specific GPs and same with travel packs, if OR and JA are of any indication.

No, parenthood was just one aspect of Generations. Generations involves so much more: activities for families to do TOGETHER, more teen stuff and activities, more stuff for elders, midlife crisis for adults, prom, bachelor/bachelorette parties, more playground objects, more options for kids to play together without objects (tag, hide and seek, etc.), a "play on playground" option (I loved this one, where did it go?!), etc... Oh yes, and also stuff for the babies!

So parenthood is just about being a parent. Generations is about fleshing out all of the life stages that didn't get any love up until now. We have every kind of content for YA. We need content for the other life stages, teens, adults and elders are basically young adults looking younger and older in this game. We need exclusive content for them and especially for the younger life stages.

I hope we will get a family oriented EP or GP again at some point. I really NEED Generations.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I'm not sure a Generations pack would be good since we already have Parenthood, unless they really out do the content from TS3, that'd be great. I kind of want to see something like the Makin' Magic park, TS2 FreeTime or even a Metropolis Vegas inspired pack.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Generations
    I mean they probably won't do the pack justice like several past EPs but you know. Generations is super necessary
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Generations
    I mean they probably won't do the pack justice like several past EPs but you know. Generations is super necessary

Can't agree more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Travel
    I'm getting the vibes from recent hints that we'll be getting vacation world with skiing and my guess is mountains of some kind.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Supernatural
    Bring me some more occults.
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Travel
    Wondering if Vegas might be an option... is that not one of the most popular places to elope to??
    :/
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Generations
    stewby wrote: »
    Wondering if Vegas might be an option... is that not one of the most popular places to elope to??
    :/

Pretty sure the elope clue was just about them adding eloping in vacation worlds with the most recent patch.

We’ve officially reached the points where all previous hints are accounted for.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    Generations
    Please God let it be generations. I am a huge family player. I want this so bad!!! Even if it’s just a teen focused pack like the survey might point at.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Generations
    I’d like it to be a Generations pack. A travel pack would kind of be a slap in the face but at the same time if I can’t travel why not my sim 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Travel
    I really want a generations pack but I think its some thing like hot-date... with vacation and attraction system
  • Options
    Generations
    I wish it was Generations too, but I don't think it is as there are no bunkbeds in this and Generations without bunkbeds would just be another empty pack with YA/A activities.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Generations
    Generations! Not just freeing the babies but more stuff for different life stages, more family interactions and a family tree you could edit.

Travel... Well, it deppends on what you mean. They could set up some nice looking worlds influenced by different cultures but I think that cultural diversity should be part of the base game and not a paid for add on.
    Happy simming!