Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu World Discussion

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
This is the place to discuss the Batuu World.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I want to know more about the Cantina!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    Did devs talked about the pack in the stream? I couldn't watch it...
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I really hope we can live there but my hopes aren’t high
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    Did devs talked about the pack in the stream? I couldn't watch it...

The gamescom stream was just the trailer premiere. I think there's a livestream coming up but I'm not sure when it is.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited August 2020
    I wish your Sim could live on the new world but that doesn’t seem to be the case?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Can we expect round walls in build mode?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I was watching the trailer screen by screen with my game-design-student son and he thinks those are backdrop buildings :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member

I doubt it... most likely just more set dressing
  • Options
    I hate how 'fake' the world looks in the trailer. Like at no point does it look like an actual alien world.... it looks like nothing more than a Star Wars area at Disneyland
  • Options
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    I hate how 'fake' the world looks in the trailer. Like at no point does it look like an actual alien world.... it looks like nothing more than a Star Wars area at Disneyland

That should make the "realistic" players happy. They can pretend it's just a theme park.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

That should make the "realistic" players happy. They can pretend it's just a theme park.

Or we just won't buy it :D
  • Options

Best solution rather than seeing all of the posts later, complaining that there's Star Wars stuff in their game after they buy the pack for the CAS and build/buy. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I wish your Sim could live on the new world but that doesn’t seem to be the case?

Most likely they can because it's story driven like Strangerville.
  • Options
    I love the two waterfalls side by side.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Where are the waterfalls?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

As if realism players will ever do that.. Flashbacks to the hundreds of people complaining that there's vampires in their game after they specifically bought a pack called "Vampires", which then lead to features being stripped back and magic being nonexistent in the main game when ROM came out.

Back on topic, I'm just hoping it'll be decently sized. I want it to be a good sized world like Jungle Adventure with areas to explore, not some tiny world with 4 lots. I'd like atleast 2 different neighbourhoods with different styles; maybe more like JA; one area that's like the "hub" of the town and another area that's a bit more out there.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I read an article that says it's a destination world which sounded to me like that meant you could not live there sadly.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

You can see them in the trailer at 0:41

Update
    Quoted Croc
  • Options
    Don't expect snow in Batuu with 2 or 3 suns.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I don't think so... in the description they say something like 'when your sim goes back home he can take this and that...'back home... it looks like a vacation world.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I will take my tent with me...

There are mods to make destination worlds into livable ones so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be possible later on.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

There are mods to make destination worlds into livable ones so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be possible later on.

Maybe they will force you to buy accomodation anyway. Hope it's a large world with more lots, so we have plenty to explore. The buildings look like shells to me. Heard that there is also farming in Batuu, wonder if we'll get any new harvestables.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I still haven't been able to get the destination to residential worlds mod to work in my world.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options

If this world is a destination world I hope it will have a place for our sims to rent out. Both Granite Falls and Selvadarado do.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

@catloverplayer the Washington Post article said it was a destination world.
    SW-Destination.png

https://washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/27/sims-4-star-wars/
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top