Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How old are you?

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    30 - 44
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Teen begins with thirteen, right?

Ah yes, you’re right. It’s 13! Goes to show what a fool I am.🙃
    Oh, and you are not old, @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ! Our age group is only halfway through life, so cork it :D

True. I said I was grumpy though. Although my level of maturity levitates around that ‘15 and younger’ age bracket, so there’s that. I still have a long way to go before I do my actual age justice.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    60 or older

Oh, and you are not old, @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ! Our age group is only halfway through life, so cork it :D

True. I said I was grumpy though. Although my level of maturity levitates around that ‘15 and younger’ age bracket, so there’s that. I still have a long way to go before I do my actual age justice.

Your're a baby to me! I've entered my second childhood though. There's no age limit on games. 👵🧓 <3
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    30 - 44
    Simburian wrote: »

Your're a baby to me! I've entered my second childhood though. There's no age limit on games. 👵🧓 <3

I’ve always been a big baby ‘cause I act like one! 🥺

But Indeed, what is age but a number? The rest is what we make of it!
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    30 - 44
    Maybe it should be an anonymous poll to protect the underage simmers?

The original Sims came out when I was 18 so my youth had already been corrupted by other things (mainly my older siblings). It’s the parents’ job to worry about this stuff.
  • Options
    Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    16 - 29
    I’m 22, which seems to be on the younger end of the age spectrum. At least on the forums.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    45-59
    You should do a Twitter, Reddit, Facebook poll to get a more accurate count of the 19 and under players. Just a bunch of old coots here. 😅
  • Options
    HappyrosesimsHappyrosesims Posts: 44 Member
    16 - 29
    I was soo happy to see this, I'm 23 and I feel kind of ''childish'' for still playing sims(I started with sims 1 when I was like 8 lol) I feel so much better after seeing that the average is 30 <3
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    60 or older
    I was soo happy to see this, I'm 23 and I feel kind of ''childish'' for still playing sims(I started with sims 1 when I was like 8 lol) I feel so much better after seeing that the average is 30 <3

I was in my 40s when I started with the original The Sims -- here I am, still playing and I don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    30 - 44
    This forum tends to have older people. I think Maxis and EA in general are trying to appeal to the people of twitter, tictoc, Instagram, tumbler, etc. So while many here may be older, they don't really care. They are attempting to get millennials or younger. My Gen Z kids find the game too childish though (and only one is a teen).
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    30 - 44
    I think its kind of odd to see so many people assume its the forums thats having so many "older players" I'm pretty sure game companies have known for the last decade or two, that the average gamer in general is 30+.
    I mean, I just turned 40 in June, and there was info about this before I hit 30 myself. And before you ask how companies might know this without polls? Its pretty easy, to collect data about an account and who plays on it and who pays for it in just about any online game.
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    45-59
    I am 52 and first started playing Sims 3 many many years ago - my daughter wanted the game for her laptop so I bought it, but she hardly played it. So I ended up playing it, I was going through a rotten time and giving up smoking so it kept my hands busy and my mind clear - I love building new properties, copying houses ive seen in magazines/online etc, and still do love it to this day
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    16 - 29
    I'm going to be twenty-nine on the 29th! It's so wild to me that I joined the forums when I was seventeen/eighteen...time really does fly. I've been playing for as long as I can remember -- since I played the first game at my friend's house. I remember her dad put in the rosebud cheat for us, lol. Good times!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    45-59
    I'm 51, and I look every year of it :p

I'm 50 and my husband hates I get carded for everything. It's a family trait on my mom's side. It's partly because most of that side of the family are little people like me and my cousin or just short.

My nieces and I believe our family are Vampires or Immortals lol. Which only adds to the youthful appearance.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    30 - 44
    41 and happy to see that there are many others in my age group as well playing this game!

I'm also 41. Started playing at 21 when Sims 1 came out. Sims is 20 and my oldest son is 20. :smiley:
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    45-59
    I am more 52 then 51. I haven't had my 2020 birthday yet. I got The Sims 1 in 2000 but did not actually really get into until 2002. My kids ( then 11, 10 and 8) would invite over friends and spend hours playing. As their interests evolved to activities like sports and dating etc I finally got to play!

My now daughter in law is really into The Sims also. She used to play my copy of The Sims 2 in high school when my son and her were just dating. They have been busy raising kids now but they do jump on my computer and play either The Sims 3 or 4 when they visit me. They are the only other people I know in RL that plays The Sims. I am sure there might be more but it just don't come up in general conversation at my age. Anyone that would enter my home and see my computer area would immediately know that I am a Simmer. lol
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    30 - 44
    I'm 36, which seems to be right in the middle of the pack.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Why isn’t this poll anonymous?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    30 - 44
    But sometimes I feel like I just had my 13th bd :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    60 or older
    Won't say I'm old, but I remember Harry Truman (admittedly a wee nipper at the time), 3 cents for a postage stamp, and 5 or more gallons of gas for a dollar. Milk was delivered to your door in glass bottles, the necks of which were large so the cream would have a place to go to.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    16 - 29
    Wow! It's so nice seeing how many older simmers there are! I always just assume I'm the old one when playing games :D
    I don't know anyone in my life who plays computer games past the age of 30
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    30 - 44
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Why isn’t this poll anonymous?

I agree, I was going to post that. A poll like this should be anonymous. Then if people want to post a comment with their vote showing up, that's cool. :)

@Oldeseadogge Well, I assumed you are an old sea-dog... :tongue::D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    30 - 44
    I'm 43. Mentally I'm like 12. :D
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    45-59
    Are you only polling forum users? Polls like this are inaccurate because it limited to forum users. You put this poll on other platforms you will get different results. It would be better if Maxis would actually do a poll like this in game over time and then publish the results. They have done this before but some players did not believe the stats because they went against what they thought.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2020
    30 - 44
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Mentally I'm like 12. :D

Me too!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    45-59
    I'm 45, been playing since TS1. You're never too old to enjoy games!