Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List The Things You Find "Good" About TS4

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    The gallery, the toddlers, the vampires, the butler, multiple floors and basements, eco friendly and industrial gameplay objects from Eco Lifestyle, more weather options, slicing and grafting of plants, create of pet and their color wheel, jet skis, dolphins, spellcasters, aliens, crafting and art and cooking and gardening gameplay options, and the work from home jobs.

I really like the new mods the modding community created this iteration too like Go to School was amazing. MCCC is my favorite mod too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The Gallery -- for those of us who can't build our way out of a paper bag, it's wonderful to be able to find houses and venues and add them to our game without having to exit and re-enter. And you don't end up with lots that look really weird when they don't work with the surrounding terrain.
    Ease of remodeling -- for those buildings that might need a little bit of tweaking it's so much easier to add or expand rooms and even basements. I remember adding a basement to one of the houses in Champs le Sims and I practically had to demolish half the house to do it. Basements have gotten a little trickier with the addition of terrain tools, but they're still doable.
    Push/pull CAS -- maybe it was me but I could never get the hang of the sliders. I'd try to create my Simself but invariably she ended up with shoulders as wide as an American football lineman when all I wanted was slightly wider hips and a bit of a pot belly (though now I don't need it as I've lost a lot of weight).
    Toddlers -- definitely worth the wait (though wish we'd had them from the start). Not as needy as Sims 3 toddlers, and the more skills they build the more they can do for themselves. And they're so cute!
    Being able to live in any world -- you're not stuck in one world with your Sims and their descendants. Makes much more sense. I know towards the end they added the feature of moving Sims to a different world, but it was fraught with problems; you lose all your past relationships, and even relationships between the Sims you move. Example: I moved a Sim and his alien half-brother from Sunlit Tides to Isla Paradiso, and they arrived as simply good friends, no family relationship whatsoever. I can move my YAs from the family home in Willow Creek to a San Myshuno apartment and still keep the family tree intact.

I'm fine with no color wheel or Create-a-Style (though I'd love the ability to save outfits I've come up with using the Randomize tool so I can use them with other Sims). Open world isn't a must for me, though I'd love open neighborhoods and the ability to modify some of the open space within neighborhoods. I don't need cars though maybe a fix-it car like the one in the Roaring Heights world pack would be great for building Handiness. The game does need a few tweaks and bug fixes, but I'm sure the latter are on the drawing board. Overall, for me, The Sims 4 might be the best of the bunch; at my age, I'm not really sure I want to delve into Sims 5 unless it's got some really wow feature right out of the box.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    winkeljohn78winkeljohn78 Posts: 87 Member
    hXTzWAT.jpg

I absolutely love being able to add family pictures to the decor. It adds such a personal touch.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2020
    Move Objects On : The best of the saga. :D and the fact we can make biggers or smaller objects and everything.
    The research bar : very useful
    The hats that separates from head.
    The toddlers : very amazing to play
    The fact that we can move easily on different towns without loosing anything
    The family relashionship : eg if your members of your family lives in an other areas or an other houses, they always keep in touch with you.
    The objects designs (very beautiful) , the towns and the clothes.
    The police carreer (sorry SJW, antipolice etc)
    As casual pets and seasons because in every sagas they are good.
    Parties with themes.
    The sims expression in general (but the cold traits)
    Emotional paintings, and photography : eg taking pictures of galaxies.
    and the post above me , the family frames.
    The fact that when an incorrect cc is detected and told at the start of the game
    The readable SMS.

This is my list at the moment.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I like that in Sims 4 other vampires or Sims aren't treating Vampires like they did in 3, in Sims 4 you can still hire a maid and them not quit BC you are a vampire, and they dont die of thirst. I think the graphics are done better too.

I agree! I love that diversity even extends to other beings! My aliens, vampires, mermaids, spellcasters, and humans can all live in harmony if I want them to. ❤️

I like dramas like this , it doesn't mean that the sims 3 are racists or expelled supernatural sims . My sims 3 also live in harmony too.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    • Create-a-Sim: This is one of my favourite features the Sims 4 has to offer. I can spend hours upon hours creating Sims, and the process is really enjoyable. The push and pull mechanic is a game changer, and gives you a better level of customisation while still being very easy to use. Whenever there's a new pack out, the first thing I do is check out all the new CAS assets.
    • Build & Buy Mode: In the previous Sims iterations, I was never really much of a builder. I often chose to simply renovate the pre-built lots to my liking. While I still do that a lot in the Sims 4 today, the simplicity of Build & Buy mode has inspired me to start building my own things more and more. Again, the process is enjoyable and is great for experimentation. I'm loving how good object swatches are these days, and I think the swatch system actually speeds up the time taken when building. The cheats are a great addition too.
    • In Game Lighting: I know a lot of people swear by Reshade, but I absolutely love the in game lighting as it already is. It does help that my system can run the game on ultra settings, but I'm a big fan of how bright and colourful the lighting makes the worlds look. I also enjoy the more miserable looking weather and lighting combinations that you get with Seasons.
    • Music: I'm a big fan of video game soundtracks anyway, and the Sims 4 is no exception. My favourite soundtracks so far would be the ones that came with Vampires and Realm of Magic, they're so beautifully done.
    • Mods & Custom Content: Though I don't use many mods or custom content items in my game these days, I used to all the time. Compared to installing mods and custom content for the Sims 3, it's actually a breath or fresh air for the Sims 4. It's so simple and easy to do.
    • Graphics: This was something that I wasn't overly fond of when I first saw the launch trailer, but it has grown on me a lot since then. It's now become my favourite art style when compared to other Sims games.
    • Performance & Stability: I have now run the Sims 4 on a few different systems. I've had low end laptops, an entry level gaming PC and now have a high end gaming PC (not just for the Sims of course) but the game ran really well, even on the laptop I once had, and it really wasn't meant for playing video games. I often had issues running the Sims 2 and 3, so it's wonderful that the Sims 4 runs so much better. I also appreciate that the developers always take performance into consideration whenever there is a new pack.
    • The Gallery: This feature is so useful. I love being able to share my creations and see what amazing things other players can come up with. It's even better that you can access the gallery in-game, as it just makes things more convenient.
    • Pre-Made Sims/Households: Whenever it's announced that a new world will ship with the latest expansion or game pack, I get really excited. Exploring and getting to know the pre-made Sims is one of my favourite things to do. Some of the pre-mades are near and dear to me, such as Vladislaus Straud, Ukupanipo Hekekia, Knox Greenburg and Dustin Broke to name a few.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sims 4 is my favorite of the sims games and I could go on and on mostly repeating what has already been said about the features, but I'll just say what they said above me.

I think mostly I love this game because I have control over it.. and for the most part everything I need is built right in and the ease of use compared to past games to get the results I want still astounds me. I remember trying to tell stories with my sims from the first and second games and I'd think about it for long periods after the gaming session was over about what I wish we had in the game to make it work better for me. Eventually I'd turn to mods (usually cheat mods) and really I'd end up more modding the game than playing it.. mostly because even just the process of getting it all in and working could be a giant pain in the plum. I don't have to do that anymore and it's appreciated. I still try out mods but personally I love that I don't need them... oh and when I do use them they are so easy to install.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    How easy the gameplay is. Sometimes I just want to come home, switch off from work and play a nice easy game. Sims 1 I found so hard to play, I gave up on sims 2, sims 3 I loved but it was still a challenge at times. Sims 4 offers me that stress free play with little challenge and I need that in my life.
  • Options
    nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    The gallery for sure. The amount of interaction and cute animations for toddlers, especially toddlers in combination with pets. Building is really easy even for completely new players. The photography/camera functions. The worlds! Sure, it would be nice if there were more editable lots, but the scenery is just immensely beautiful in some places! And even though I play vanilla, I think it's awesome how customizable the game is. :)
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I pretty much love the game as a whole. I am really getting into the game play aspect more now than build. If I had to say what I love most, its the genetics. when your sims have children, I like the l subtle way they look like the parents. I also love that you can put a teenage sim on autonomy and get an idea about what they want to do with their lives. My teen sims tend to gravitate toward certain things. I like that AI aspect.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Buy catalog is so well-made! In my opinion, a lot of the furniture and decor in previous iterations was really tacky or out-of-place. They’ve done a really good job designing a cohesive look with TS4.
    Post edited by popstarsley on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love everything about it. The Sims 4 is definitely my favourite sims game so far despite me sometimes being a little negative about things that I don't like, I do truly love it. I play every day almost and I never tire of it.

My favourite thing is the ability to play many families in a rotation. I love all the pre-made families as well.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Gallery -- for those of us who can't build our way out of a paper bag, it's wonderful to be able to find houses and venues and add them to our game without having to exit and re-enter. And you don't end up with lots that look really weird when they don't work with the surrounding terrain.
    Ease of remodeling -- for those buildings that might need a little bit of tweaking it's so much easier to add or expand rooms and even basements. I remember adding a basement to one of the houses in Champs le Sims and I practically had to demolish half the house to do it. Basements have gotten a little trickier with the addition of terrain tools, but they're still doable.
    Push/pull CAS -- maybe it was me but I could never get the hang of the sliders. I'd try to create my Simself but invariably she ended up with shoulders as wide as an American football lineman when all I wanted was slightly wider hips and a bit of a pot belly (though now I don't need it as I've lost a lot of weight).
    Toddlers -- definitely worth the wait (though wish we'd had them from the start). Not as needy as Sims 3 toddlers, and the more skills they build the more they can do for themselves. And they're so cute!
    Being able to live in any world -- you're not stuck in one world with your Sims and their descendants. Makes much more sense. I know towards the end they added the feature of moving Sims to a different world, but it was fraught with problems; you lose all your past relationships, and even relationships between the Sims you move. Example: I moved a Sim and his alien half-brother from Sunlit Tides to Isla Paradiso, and they arrived as simply good friends, no family relationship whatsoever. I can move my YAs from the family home in Willow Creek to a San Myshuno apartment and still keep the family tree intact.

I'm fine with no color wheel or Create-a-Style (though I'd love the ability to save outfits I've come up with using the Randomize tool so I can use them with other Sims). Open world isn't a must for me, though I'd love open neighborhoods and the ability to modify some of the open space within neighborhoods. I don't need cars though maybe a fix-it car like the one in the Roaring Heights world pack would be great for building Handiness. The game does need a few tweaks and bug fixes, but I'm sure the latter are on the drawing board. Overall, for me, The Sims 4 might be the best of the bunch; at my age, I'm not really sure I want to delve into Sims 5 unless it's got some really wow feature right out of the box.
    I think many of us are hoping on that regardless of age. I am concerned about the online only aspect. But hope we share another game to enjoy together even if it won't be the Sims. It has been nice talking with you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Out of all The Sims games, TS4 has the best CAS and clothing items. Honestly, I could play happily without having to download any CAS CC.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Build and Buy and everything that comes with it. It is the only improvement over other systems in place. Everything else is a downgrade.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like everything everyone else said :)
    and I also like that you can make aliens in cas
    I like the AI
    I like the facial expressions and the eyes they make the sims seem almost alive
    I like the pregnancy in game and feel its the best in the series though I wish they would add a little more baby showers ect
    I like that there are always sims at venues
    I like all the active careers and I also really like the free lance and odd jobs I hope they add more
    I like that you can change aspirations when ever you want and that you can do more then one
    I like that the cheats are easy to use
    I like the emotions and I like pretty the game is
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    1. the arty style is great: it looks like the more polished and smoother version of TS2 cartoony style. I really didn't like the style of TS3 so this is a huge plus for me.
    2. how easy and user friendly the CAS and build mode are
    3. how well optimized the game is
    4. the semi-active careers are a great concept
    5. the ability to create trans sims
    6. vampires are done amazingly well
    7. club and calendar systems are game changers
  • Options
    KerittaKeritta Posts: 26 Member
    I love the close to reality game play, Of course it won't have the everyday necessities but it's a game, and it is pretty realistic as it is. I love controlling the sims into perfect romantic situations. You can plan anything. A dramatic divorce, childhood romance, growing celebrity. And it can be set up how you want it to.
  • Options
    the sims 4 is great fun
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited August 2020
    I never played Sims3, so the open neighborhoods are huge bonuses for me coming from Sims2. I understand people who loved open world may find them lacking, but they are so much nicer than what my sims had in Sims2.

Also I love Manage Households. Being able to delete, edit and improve the wardrobes of any townie at any time is soooo nice.

I prefer cartoony to attempts at realism, and the graphics are way better than Sims2.

I love being able to drag a room or roof or whatever to make it larger, and to make the roofs concave or domed with my mouse instead of needing multiple roof types.

I like the swatches, though I never had a color wheel to compare them to. I like that one item in the BB catalog can be several different actual styles.

Active careers weren't something I ever thought I wanted but I am glad they exist now. Especially the acting career.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Hi everyone! First post!

I absolutely love Sims 4 Aliens, Vampires, and Mermaids! I play my game as a series of storylines and they really never let me down when I need those supernatural elements to have a real function in the game to make the story play out.

I think the reputation system adds a pretty good bit to the game as there can be consequences for being unlikable and there are benefits to being nice. I like this especially with Aliens because you can overcome the base game reaction of "is an alien and was hiding it the whole time!" anger reactions.

Most of the worlds are really well done. Obviously, Sulani stands out big time, but Forgotten Hollow is quaint little village of darkness, and Windenberg is one of the best cities they've ever created.

The Strangerville story was incredibly well done and I hope they can do some more storyline based packs like that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @Scobre Thanks -- during the several months when my sight was really bad, I missed the game and especially the forums. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I know its broken to a large extent, but still the top on my list is emotions.

1. Emotion- I just love the little touches it adds to the sims.
    2. Seasons- The team did an excellent job portraying them and they are gorgeous.
    3. Build/Buy- The build tools are excellent. I love them so much. There are a few things that can be frustrating, but its just a great system.
    4. CAS- I love the options and the pull/push feature for creation. I feel like we have new control for our characters we've never had before.
    5. Lack of a Color Wheel- I know its an unpopular opinion, but for me, I never quite grasped the spectral mapping for clothing and items in Sims 3 and I was very happy to go back to the Sims 2 swatch system so I can once again create my own items for the sims. I'm not good at it, but I love trying.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    I really like the wishing well its fun I wish there more things like it in sims 4
    more magic is always welcome
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    There is so much to love about this game. OK, here goes...

I love how easy it is to build houses that aren't just square/rectangular boxes! The slide tools are so helpful. I'm even starting to do fancier roofs (fancier for me, anyway) ;) .

I love having the option of using pre-made rooms to build your house. My current favorite house is entirely made up of the premade rooms and I am soo proud of it - I use them all the time in my new builds.

I like that you can build a pool in the basement, and I like how easy it is to make a basement, and fill it with additional rooms and even create an outdoorsy environment using decorative items. I can build my vampires a cool pretend garden and have it all underground. I don't think I can plant anything, but I don't mind.

I like that I can download stuff off the gallery and then customize it to my heart's content.

I like that we have so much content on Youtube, etc to look at so we can learn how to build houses and do other things. I've picked up so many tips from watching them.

I like that the stairs can be made to turn corners instead of being just a looong straight stair. Sure the sims take a smidgen longer to go up or down because they stop at each landing, but there are times a straight stair just doesn't work for me, aesthetically. I do wish for spiral stairs, but these are a good compromise.

I like the way the sims look, semi-cartoony like in Sims 2. I skipped Sims 3 because the sims looked creepy to me. The amount of customization we can do to their faces and bodies is terrific.

I love the humor in the game.

Hair, makeup, clothes, all great! Although I always want more, especially hair :) .

The Vampires are cool (but I do wish they were a bit more aggressive - I think a slider would be good, so you could choose the frequency of attacks from 'rarely visit' to 'frequent visits' to 'constant').

There is sooo much more, but I like one more really important thing: I like - no, I LOVE, how helpful everyone is on the forums and how much information we have here. Thanks, everybody.