Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Send Stars To Support The Sims 4 Gamers Streaming Earn Income?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    bootsguy wrote: »
    It's Facebook level up program to support gamers or streamers by making them earn a star which has a monetary equivalent which they can earn and receive at a minimum threshold payout once it achieve a certain minimum number of stars. In short gamers can earn money playing the game streaming it on Facebook !

Why? What's the point?
    I don't understand why any one would do this. What do you get in return?

@Movotti it is equivalent to real cash...

With that logic above, why even donate to your fav. streamers? "what will you get in return" xD Just knowing you got to support your favs. lol! You don't get nothing but feeling good.

I don't donate to anything other than a few charities.
    If I'm paying for something, I expect something in return.
    Streamers are not charities. They need to provide their fans with a product or service in exchange for the money.
    Youtube streamers get paid by advertisers when they get enough subscribers to be monetised.
    Patreon makes some sense too, the more you pay for your subscription, the more you have access to. There are musicians who use it as a vip access thing, their fans pay a small monthly fee to get access exclusive streams, and chat sessions. Getting to interact with your idols for $10 per month, or whatever, isn't too bad a deal.

But watching people play games, or whine about games? Why would I pay for that? Why would I even watch it?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    And most importantly, The Sims 4 or other series are less popular in streaming online than any other games say Call of Duty, PUBG, Fortnite, League of Legends, Rules of Survival etc. The Sims 4 or series pales in comparison to these games so that's another reason.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I watch gamers on Youtube and Twitch. There is a thing called Twitch Prime if you have Amazon Prime you can sub to a channel. Also possible to earn bits by watching videos with Twitch. Mixer is nice too. Honestly only reason I use Facebook is for family and friends I grew up with. I prefer Instagram and other video chat services. Like if I want to game with my family I use discord.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller