Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe I Don’t Want A Family To Celebrate A Holiday

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ThredheadThredhead Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Chazzzy;c-16647418"][quote="joRN1414;c-16647405"]When you delete a holiday for one family in a save does it delete the holiday for all other sims in that save???[/quote]

Yes it does. There is only one calendar for the whole save. [/quote]

I started with multiple households & then added seasons to my game. Now I don’t like that every household is synced to the same days. I will check in on a family & they are late for work bc now they are all on the same time. And what if some of my households don’t celebrate certain holidays? I wish there was a way to turn the calendar off, it’s really a bummer😩
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,146 Member
    Just delete the holidays in all the seasons on the calendar, then you won't have holidays.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Just delete the holidays in all the seasons on the calendar, then you won't have holidays.

The original post was about turning it off for one of the sims in the family, I think most of us are aware that we can just delete the holiday in the calendar but the issue is with cancelling it for just one sim, not the entire household.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    MysteriousConcludeMysteriousConclude Posts: 352 Member
    I would kinda enjoy this. I just had a bad Christmas. It was the first celebrated for my single, multiple baby daddy witch. He invited all baby mommas, all of age children. Set up a celebration spot outside at the winter one. Invited everyone. They ate, danced, opened presents. Toward the end of the day three dropped dead. His first born son, a baby momma leaving twin children orphans. And someone who wasn't important. I straight up started a new game. I couldn't handle all that work gone. XD And the Grim reaper wasn't having any of it.
  • Options
    Crozzers3Crozzers3 Posts: 33 Member
    They could do with a checklist when the holiday starts, I know it's another pop up, but they could let you choose which sims you want to participate in each one,
    That way 'x' amount of sims can do it if u want them too and 'x' amount don't, then doesn't effect negetive on mood let's unless people participating fail tasks, I think that way everyone would be happy with the choices 🤔

Just a thought
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I like though that it's realistic like that. In real life you can't delete Christmas and if you don't celebrate it then you feel like you missed out (at least for some people).
    I know not everyone is like this of course but if I could point out the positives of this calendar system is that it at least has some consequences, which we could use more of in the Sims 4
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Some holidays just float on by for me like nhood brawl which I only go for on rare occasions and has no sad mood if you ignore it. Some holidays like my summer outdoors bbq swim holiday get rained out, the given ones are usually fun to do.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have dialed down the decorating bit for the holidays. I still decorate for my Festive Lighting Day 2 days before Christmas and then celebrate New Year's Eve 2 days after Christmas. That way I get the main holidays over in a sim week. I have a Sims Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, and besides the seasonal break day on a Wednesday, for each season, that's about it for my sims' holidays. I found out it ceases to be special if you have a holiday each week. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited August 2020
    I sell the gnomes, they always set someone on fire. I'm not having my sims appease gnomes. i have hunt the eggs in all my holidays because I like to collect everything. I dont usually bother with teh decorating, and I do like the giving thanks and gifts. even the toddlers can give a gift and they to get them. I tweak all the holidays. and dismiss most of them.

they have a fiends day, a Thankful day and a Family day. a grand meal on each day, presents and eggs.
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    At first, I liked holidays and the calendar feature in The Sims 4. But in time I realized I prefer the freedom of holidays in The Sims 3. The only you'd get would be a wish to throw a party related to that holiday. What you'd do on that day was up to you. The Sims 4 seems to be OBSESSED with checklists and objectives.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited August 2020
    Naus wrote: »
    At first, I liked holidays and the calendar feature in The Sims 4. But in time I realized I prefer the freedom of holidays in The Sims 3. The only you'd get would be a wish to throw a party related to that holiday. What you'd do on that day was up to you. The Sims 4 seems to be OBSESSED with checklists and objectives.

You can actually update the holidays in Sims 4 to include as many or as llittle traditions as you want. You don't have to do the suggested ones. So if you just want to throw a party or say "Happy New Year" once or whatever, that's up to you. For me, I always remove the gnomes from Harvestfest haha! But yeah, what you do on each holiday is up to you in Sims 4 as well.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    I can't be bothered with most holidays/traditions during gameplay (mostly because I'm too busy doing other things), so I use a mod called "No Sad Holiday Moodlet" by Sigma1202 over at Mod The Sims. It just simply removes the sad buff, so you have the freedom to choose whether or not you want to celebrate a holiday when you want. If you ignore it, no big deal... the holiday comes and goes without you having to deal with sad moodlets from any of your sims.

You're no longer forced to celebrate every single holiday that pops up to avoid the sad moodlet, and thus, there's no need to delete them from your calendar (or add them back in) either.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't like the calendar so I delete all the holidays.. I would like it if it didn't have all those things you have to do for it

The calendar is very practical and invaluable. Deleting EA premade holidays is simple. Players can make their own holidays and traditions, its one of the best features added to a sims game, to me , of course :)
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P