Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin update AND sims4 update today? August 18 2020

I had messages all morning to quit current gameplay and restart Origin for a critical update. When I went to check it, I noticed my Sims 4 game was updating.

Anyone else have two updates today?

Comments

• Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I just posted about a sims update as well... Nothing about Origin so far though I had one yesterday(?) I think.
  • Options
    mininew0mininew0 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes. Had two updates: one of Origin, one of game.
  • Options
    Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks!
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Patch notes are up too. It's a small update.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    Patch notes for todays Sims 4 update are up. One thing they (supposedly) fixed was the stealing :D. You can find the patch notes in the "Announcements" section under "Latest Patch Notes."
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Patch notes for todays Sims 4 update are up. One thing they (supposedly) fixed was the stealing :D. You can find the patch notes in the "Announcements" section under "Latest Patch Notes."

I don't think the stealing fix will free us from the insane sharing is caring nap.
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member

I don't think the stealing fix will free us from the insane sharing is caring nap.

Probably not. But, at least it won't be quite as bad anymore as I heard sims were stealing quite often without that particular NAP. So, yay for progress? :smiley:

Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    PearLady wrote: »

Probably not. But, at least it won't be quite as bad anymore as I heard sims were stealing quite often without that particular NAP. So, yay for progress? :smiley:

I like your optimism, but I'm utterly disappointed with this patch.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Peapond69 wrote: »
    I had messages all morning to quit current gameplay and restart Origin for a critical update. When I went to check it, I noticed my Sims 4 game was updating.

Did you get the 3 new options on the menu at the start?

Got two as you did.. but another one coming tonight..........did you see the note at the top of the Origin page ....EA Play probably replacing it tonight.

"On August 18 at about 10.15 pt. active game sessions and Origin client will close and restart for an automatic update."
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PearLady wrote: »

I saw a Tweet from someone who had their trash chute stolen from the San Myshuno apartment lobby. That's going a bit too far, folks...

I like that this patch also curbs the autonomous knitting; I don't mind if my Sims aren't doing anything else, but not when they've got dinner cooking on the stove! :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Typical patch that ignores most the bugs players are reporting :s
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member

Copy and paste update notes as usual too.

"We squashed bugs and made it more awesomer"

Bah Humbug!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I didn't get the Origin update, just the Sims 4 one. That said, my Origin launcher stays running most of the time unless I have to restart it. I play other Origin games so it stays on most of the time. Chances are my Origin updated yesterday or the day before and I didn't even notice.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Since it went live, the launcher won't stay up for me. I click "update", it disappears. I can't even play non-Sims games, because it demands I update Sims 4. If I hit cancel, the launcher crashes. I wish a lifetime of stubbed toes, spoiled milk, and toilets that don't quite flush everything on the people who make these updates mandatory.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    This was sold as a Nifty Knitting patch, I think? We never got a EL patch, they might still work on it...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    oldozoldoz Posts: 1 New Member
    I just did an Origin update as per usual [and much more often that I would like], then was told my Sims4 also had to be updated. EVERY time I click to start the update . . the whole thing disappears. I need access to my game as I am in the middle of a creating project and this is the second time I've had the same update glitch. why is this happening . . . anyone????
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    oldoz wrote: »
    I just did an Origin update as per usual [and much more often that I would like], then was told my Sims4 also had to be updated. EVERY time I click to start the update . . the whole thing disappears. I need access to my game as I am in the middle of a creating project and this is the second time I've had the same update glitch. why is this happening . . . anyone????

Have you tried signing out and completely quitting Origin, closing down your PC or Mac and starting up again? The signing on is different to what it was before and you get 3 options on whether you want to update automatically etc. They shut down Origin and online games completely yesterday and restarted it later.

"On August 18 at about 10.15 pt. active game sessions and Origin client will close and restart for an automatic update."
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i got the sims4 update but nothing yet on origin but there is a message on top saying origin will auto close and update and close the game if sims4 or any other games that are on origin are loaded
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    oldoz wrote: »

I've had this glitch too for the last two patches. I had to reinstall Origin to get it to work.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Peapond69 wrote: »

I had more starting with a pretty large update to Windows 10 called Windows 10 version 2004.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i had sims4 update yesterday and origin update but no new origin update other than a message saying origin will update but when i do not know
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(