Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else think it's not a star wars pack?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think it will be Lunar Lakes 2: The Return

Next step : Dragon Valley 2: The Rise of The Dragons
    I wish. I love dragons.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I think it will be Lunar Lakes 2: The Return

Next step : Dragon Valley 2: The Rise of The Dragons

I’m all for it!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yeah I think it will be a space colony pack. I think the new world will be some kind of planet like Sixam - it could feature its own economy, its own harvestables (if that is a word), maybe animals/aliens(?) unique to that world. Maybe a new life state other than the standard alien? The colony builds could also have their own unique style that fits into the scenery. New objects could include a teleport pad, hoverboards or maybe one of those 'memory erasers' from Men In Black, except it could change other sims' moods or erase moodlets, as sims have no memories.

I can see sims needing to build a rocket (which is base game) to get to this planet and maybe needing a suit to 'breathe'. Maybe if you have GTW, aliens won't need such suit. Maybe you can build new rocket ships or technology that makes contact with aliens, other than the telescope.

Or an unlockable trait where you can harness the power of the cosmos and you can summon a massive meteor to hit Bella Goth's house, for example :lol:

Just throwing ideas around. I'm excited to see what it is!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    So I get how everyone could see it as a space theme and i'd be very surprised if it's heavily based on stars wars as i honestly don't think there's enough of a fan base among simmers to justify a stars wars pack, I could be wrong but most simmers i know don't like star wars so i don't think it's a a star wars theme.

My idea and it's probably really out of the box, I'm thinking an underworld cause it reminds me of somethings I've seen in pictures, tv, movies etc that i perceived it as some sort of underworld, i'm thinking maybe it's themed around the underworld and grim reaper but it's a very very long shot.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    So I get how everyone could see it as a space theme and i'd be very surprised if it's heavily based on stars wars as i honestly don't think there's enough of a fan base among simmers to justify a stars wars pack, I could be wrong but most simmers i know don't like star wars so i don't think it's a a star wars theme.

Yeah I agree. I'm not a Star Wars fan and I only know 2 people in my life who are. I think its risky for EA to put out a pack based on a franchise. It is better and more profitable for EA to put out a pack most people will want rather than a small number of fans.

If it is Star Wars based, its a hard pass for me.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »

My idea and it's probably really out of the box, I'm thinking an underworld cause it reminds me of somethings I've seen in pictures, tv, movies etc that i perceived it as some sort of underworld, i'm thinking maybe it's themed around the underworld and grim reaper but it's a very very long shot.

I said that too! (I think it was in a different thread) because it was mentioned in SimmerErin's youtube video and it made total sense to me. I'm with you, it's a longshot but totally possible. The pack icon is colored in reverse of the other icons so it could reflect the land of the dead. Also, last year when we were voting on the community stuff pack, a lot of people wanted Happy Haunts, so it's possible that they started working on it back then.

I really want it to be this, but I don't really expect it to be. I like the space theme too, and Star Wars, so if it's any of those things, I should be happy. If it turns out to be another mundane, "normal" pack, I'll probably get depressed. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I am unfamiliar with Star Wars. When I saw the logo I thought of prehistoric dinosaur cavepeople stuff. I was excited for a Flintstones pack.