Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we stop expanding the game and work on the core of it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would support for any kind of improvement in the core mechanic, rather than expanding game and still half-🐸🐸🐸🐸
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There is a lot of buzz about the new game pack. In fact, there's always speculation about what new stuff pack, expansion, gp etc we will get next.

For me, this game will never be worth its expansions, gps, packs etc UNTIL they rehaul personalities, add a chemistry system, add real memories and deeper consequences. Why doesnt it seem like that is a priority?

I believe there was a survey about this some time ago but havent seen an update about it. It is possible they are working on things "behind the scenes" but how much better reception would the game get if they openly said what theyre working on and how they plan on making it better?

My excitement for any dlc is hindered by the fact the personalities of the game is so lacking.

Why arent they working on personalities & an attraction system? If they are, why arent they talking about it?

That is the biggest issue for me.

We don't know whether they are or aren't working on personalities, an attraction system, etc. It could be a very complex issue, and how to integrate it without ruining existing saves could be a factor. And they don't want to talk about it because if they can't get it done within the current game engine, or can't get it done without breaking saves, it's better to keep quiet till they know they can mostly get it right.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited August 2020
    Since i am not looking forward to the next speculated game pack, i will agree. Shelve the game pack until you fix the personality system! Actually, better yet, shelve it forever XD The current personality system is really boring to me and very weak because sims has no real memories to set them apart. I dont even know how traits work this time around because i dont notice most of them, like i literaly cant tell you what traits my sims have since i forgot and their behaviour doesnt remind me almost at all, but i became used to all of that because that is the only way i can continue to play.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i stopped playing the sims after the sims 4 base game was released(2014)...it wasn't because i was unhappy with the base game...it was however very different to navigate over the sims 3...i thought the idea of something online would be really different and fun...and it is. It is a very different kind of social animal then real life ....i came back to sims 4 in November of 2019. It is refreshing to see the changes that has taken place ...lots of folks stayed with the sims 3...I never would have guessed that. People were so unhappy with the sims 3. I have heard many people comment that they have some long saves(in the sims 4) that they have played for extensive long periods of time. many could not do that with the sims 3. I would think the sims 3 team (my guess/opinion) would take away that folks wanted a sims version that would play better overall than the sims 3 did for a multitude of players. It seems that has happened. I started playing the sims in 2001. I didn't go to the forums then and have no idea if they even had one..i rarely used the forms during the sims 2....that version was such an upswing from the first version. The sims 3 was pretty amazing for me...i didn't have game breaking issues until island paradise came out....you could just not use the world and it seemed fine with sims 3/island paradise. The community overall was really unhappy though and i came to really like community sharing of game play experiences so the overall discontent was sad...even if your game is running fine it is disheartening that many didn't have that same experience ...so now with sims 4 it is very much like how it was with sims 3..folks seem unhappy. I doubt much change will come to the base game which is the locomotive of the whole system. This has lasted longer then any of the previous games did. Overall i think the sims 4 experience has been a huge improvement over the sims 3. it is not as aggressive as the sims 3 was by design..but it seems to deliver something solid to a greater number of folks. I think it is time to pull the primary focus to the next generation of the sims now rather then look to making changes to this one. Before this generation of sims closes ..for myself personally...i would like to see some interactions with couples...some in bed cuddles...slow dancing....i would not be mad with a birth stone ring...a ring with swatches for the birth stone. i can include the compatibility (astrology) to my couples but a visual would add a personal touch...in my gifts that my sim could order it would be lovely to have chocolates in a heart box and it would be lovely if in decor there could be a heart box..(love the heart bear we do have). please give us a heart shaped hot tub...it is so sims classic....an elegant heart bed for honeymoons...i love using the camping or the jungle for honeymoons(great that we can build and make it our own) both worlds are great but i need a bit more romantic decor to get the couple headed in the right direction. not sure what can be done with eco living ...kinda seems to be the sims 3 island paradise equal.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    They need to fix this broken 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I just played the game for the first time in in the longest time and I couldn't even do anything. It's like the game just stopped working and decided to play on it's own. Every command I've chose the sim to do was being dropped or not being done, I couldn't even leave the lot to travel anymore for whatever strange reason..idk if i was doing something wrong or what but that really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. I tried multiple times to get my sims to flirt with Don and each and every time the command was dropped or she just wasn't doing it. I just ended up rage quieting. They definitely need to stop worrying about adding fluff and stuff packs and fix the core, bugs, glitches, and their broken 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game. Unless I'm doing something wrong someone please tell me..cause I'm not 100% use to the new playing mechanics as of yet.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I agree with you 100% but making the core game better doesn't create income for them so they prefer to just do DLC.
    I mean the truth the people who have been playing since release have paid 60$ and the base game was definitely not worth that but don't expect compensation from EA.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    They wouldn't make money off of shelving the packs they have planned and just concentrating on fixing the problems with the core game. Would it make most of us happy, probably yes, but it wouldn't make them any more money.