Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suspect won't join me at the station, can't interrogate! Help!

I've issued my APB, went to the location, arrested the correct suspect, then my sim goes back to the police station, BUT WITH NO SUSPECT!? Last time this happened, I left work for the day (only had a few minutes left at the time) and when I came back to work, the sim was there and I closed the case. This time, I arrested the sim, popped back to the station, no suspect. I left work, came back, still no suspect. I tried issuing another APB, even analyzed more evidence and got another clue, no one fits the description of my suspect and I have no suspect to interrogate. HELP! I can't advance to level 10 until I solve my 6th case :(

Comments

• Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    I have the same problem
  • Options
    I find how to fix this. May be my sims fitness skill not high enough and the suspect escape during return to police station. I do to another APB and arrest suspect in another location. Now the 2nd time return to police can interrogate the suspect.
  • Options
    musiclovelifemusiclovelife Posts: 3 New Member
    i've arrested a suspect 4 different times now for this case, he doesn't return with me. I've had the problem before, but if I issue another APB, go arrest again, and come back, he's with me. That didn't happen this time. I quit the job and regot it, didn't work. I uninstalled/reinstalled Sims (which took FOREVER) and that didn't work. I was level 9 and now my sim died and I have to do it all over again :(
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited April 2015
    I had this this morning. Save, repair game then try the apb and arrest again (that worked the first time and allowed me to get a few more cases closed). The second time this happened repair didn't help so I removed the few bits of cc I got rid morning and it was fine. No idea which fixed it for me, or if it was just dumb luck it fixed. Other people have left the career, re-joined and then cheated back to the right level and that fixed it too. Hope you can sort it, it drove me mad!

Ps cc was all from MTS and was new today, a dresser and fix for some blinds and some rugs - I honestly don't think these caused the issue, but just in case.
  • Options
    Wow looks like detective career has a lot of bugs. I found another bug that the suspect is teen female with ambitious traits. This is definitely a huge bug because teen cannot select Ambitious in CAS. It took me 6 times APB with same girls outlook but wrong traits , so I cannot asserts her nor my sims performance drop. We need to wait path to fix this bug.
  • Options
    musiclovelifemusiclovelife Posts: 3 New Member
    well the sim I had in the detective career died, so I'm gonna play out the doctor, scientist, and play some more with my retail store, hopefully a patch will come out and then go for the detective career again. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I thought I was the only one with this problem! The first 3 or 4 cases worked perfectly fine for me, but now it keeps doing it all the time. I find that just leaving the police station lot (either to Patrol or visit Crime Scene), then return straight away seems to make the suspect appear at the station. I might try repairing my game as suggested above to see if this helps at all.
  • Options
    LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    Yeah, I love the detective career when it works right, but half the time it seems something goes wrong and I have to try and reset things to fix it. The clues never match up with the suspect (only half of them are usually true), the bulletin board doesn't always show the right options (like saying "go to the crime scene" when it should say "issue APB"), and sometimes the people I arrest don't show up for the interrogation like this thread says.

The Sim not showing up for the interrogation has happened three times so far- twice the Grim Reaper was the one I was supposed to arrest and the third time it was the chief of police... both situations were funny up until I realized that I couldn't complete the mission.

I really hope this is a patch-able thing and isn't broken for eternity.
  • Options
    fionaxofionaxo Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2015
    Got it!! Well, it worked for me anyway.
    Just as you start arresting your suspect, pause and save the game (always in rounds of at least 3, incase of incidents). then play, and HOPEFULLY you'll have your suspect with you to interrogate. Wasted all my sims work day on this so doubt she'll get her case closed, but it's a start :)
    Good luck!!
    And if it does work don't forget to save again afterwards :)
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    If you change households alot you need to go back to crime scene to update your clues in case suspect aged.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    livy6738livy6738 Posts: 5 New Member
    Same problem!!! I've tried 3 times and the same suspect has been there. I know it's him as he fits the description, but every time I go and arrest him, he isn't there when I go to the police station. And he couldn't have aged as he is an elder and the description says it is an elder.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    livy6738 wrote: »
    Same problem!!! I've tried 3 times and the same suspect has been there. I know it's him as he fits the description, but every time I go and arrest him, he isn't there when I go to the police station. And he couldn't have aged as he is an elder and the description says it is an elder.

Hello @ivy6738.
    You may like to press " me too" on this EA Bug thread link that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Detective-Suspect-is-not-at-police-station-to-interrigate/td-p/4456847

Sometimes when you go back the next day, the suspect is there.
  • Options
    Poisonivory07Poisonivory07 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim arrested the suspect but when I arrived at the station he had becone the chief! Not in uniform but in his normal clothes.. now I'm unable to start a new case or interrogate him
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    My sim arrested the suspect but when I arrived at the station he had becone the chief! Not in uniform but in his normal clothes.. now I'm unable to start a new case or interrogate him

Hello @Poisonivory07
    This is a link to a solution to your problem that crinrict has written and posted on their blog.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/
  • Options
    LostandfoundLostandfound Posts: 2 New Member
    My problem is a little bit tricky. My Sim was a Cadet (Lvl 1) and does the usual thing, crime scene, crime analysis, etc. Then after that I got the suspect and was promoted. So I downloaded a new police station and replaced it with the default one, but I seem to interrogate my suspect and my Sim has this footsteps with an X sign over his head whenever I click that. Doing other things are just fine but I can't interrogate the suspect. So I quit AND applied as a police AGAIN and I thought I could start over but NO, the suspect is still there and one of the things to do that day was interrogate suspect when I'm still a Cadet. I'm so confused and I've already quit and apply for the police for THREE times but the suspect just can't go away and for my Sim to get a new case. I don't wanna delete my Sims and reinstall since my Sims wife has a job and is pregnant (I have hit rock bottom). I was hoping to look for some solutions but I can't find any. Hope someone can help me with this because I'm stumped.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    My problem is a little bit tricky. My Sim was a Cadet (Lvl 1) and does the usual thing, crime scene, crime analysis, etc. Then after that I got the suspect and was promoted. So I downloaded a new police station and replaced it with the default one, but I seem to interrogate my suspect and my Sim has this footsteps with an X sign over his head whenever I click that. Doing other things are just fine but I can't interrogate the suspect. So I quit AND applied as a police AGAIN and I thought I could start over but NO, the suspect is still there and one of the things to do that day was interrogate suspect when I'm still a Cadet. I'm so confused and I've already quit and apply for the police for THREE times but the suspect just can't go away and for my Sim to get a new case. I don't wanna delete my Sims and reinstall since my Sims wife has a job and is pregnant (I have hit rock bottom). I was hoping to look for some solutions but I can't find any. Hope someone can help me with this because I'm stumped.

Hello.
    There may be an issue with the career lot that you downloaded from the gallery.
    Start a new game file. Have a sim join the police career and go with them to work. Enter bulld mode by typing
    testingcheats true
    bb.enablefreebuild

Then save the career lot to your library . Then exit the game and go back to your normal save game, and go with your sim to work. Enter build mode on the career lot, and place the saved build from your library onto the lot.
    Then test to see if your sim can interrogate the suspect.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    LostandfoundLostandfound Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi @rosemow, sorry I don't really understand. So you're saying I should save the hospital lot from another Sim's life and then place it on the police HQ lot from my saved game? Sorry I'm just really confused.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hi @rosemow, sorry I don't really understand. So you're saying I should save the hospital lot from another Sim's life and then place it on the police HQ lot from my saved game? Sorry I'm just really confused.

Hello @Lostandfound .
    I am so sorry! I wrote doctor and I meant police career! I apologise! It would have been very confusing!
    There may be an issue with the police station build that you downloaded from the gallery. If the simmer who built the lot didn't use the default version of the interrogation table, it can cause your issue that you are unable to interrogate the suspect.
    You can either go into build mode on the police station in your current game, and change the interrogation table back to the default version. Or you can start a new game file. Have a sim in the new save game join the police career and go with them to work. Enter bulld mode by typing
    testingcheats true
    bb.enablefreebuild

Then create a room and place the default version of the interrogation table in it. Save the room to your library.. Then exit the game and go back to your normal save game, and go with your sim to work. Enter build mode on the career lot, and place the saved room that has the interrogation table in it, onto the lot. Remove the other interrogation table that came with the career lot that you downloaded from the gallery.

I am so very very sorry!
    Edit : I have fixed up my error in the earlier post.

Also, it would be easier to just try making a room with the interrogation table in it, rather than saving the whole carreer lot. If you are still having issues after using the default version of the interrogation table, then try doing what I suggested in the earlier post and save the whole default version of the police station to your library, then replacing the career lot in your current game with it.
  • Options
    SamtapletSamtaplet Posts: 151 Member
    I had this problem and i figured out how to fix it. Once you arrest a suspect save the game 3 times then travel back to the police station. Once you're back if the sim is with you then save 3 times again.
    Origin Id: ActuallySammy
  • Options
    GillBNZGillBNZ Posts: 9 New Member
    I had issues when arresting a vampire, he didn't return to the police station with me. My sim was friends with him so tried inviting him to the current lot but it just keeps telling me that he's a vampire and can't come over right now. Tried working late but still got the same response. While I can appreciate you don't want the vampire to burn up in the sun he was at the gym in the middle of the day when I arrested him so why he be invited over. Surely he/she could go directly into the police station when arrested to prevent him burning up?
  • Options
    spoopspoopdoopspoopspoopdoop Posts: 1 New Member
    Im not sure if any one is still having this problem, or if its been solved in previous comments (I found a fix after looking this up, so I apologise for not reading your comments)

But, I tried to follow my suspect because he just changed out of his jumpsuit and into jogging clothes and he jogged off.
    So, I ended up going to another crime scene, and collecting evidence for nothing, but I still had the 'interrogate the suspect' goal. I just clicked the table, and it gave me my suspect and it took a minute to find him, but thats what fixed mine.
  • Options
    1Kim1151Kim115 Posts: 39 Member
    This happened to me after the huge patch update for Get Famous. I haven't reimported any mods yet so that's not the issue. In fact with the mods, I never had this happen. I've arrested two suspects on an APB but when we return to the police station they're gone.
  • Options
    Tash_200Tash_200 Posts: 1 New Member
    It’s 2020 and this is still a problem! 10/10 sims creators for sorting this out.
  • Options
    Heavendreamer2Heavendreamer2 Posts: 2 New Member
    How I fixed my problem...

I tried arresting this guy three times, and each time I got to the station he was not there to interrogate.
    I decided to up my fitness. I was almost at three, so I figured maybe he WAS escaping like someone suggested.
    I believe that is EXACTLY what is going on. It makes sense right?

I upped my fitness to 3, then called the APB again. I got to where he was, and this time, I decided to be a little
    Mischievous to put him off guard. I "scared" him, laughed, at which point he starts to laugh too, then arrested him.
    This time when I got back to the station, he was there, and the interrogation worked. I think this is to make it not
    "too" easy on the officers. Because if you think about it, you need to be fit and have logic to do good police work, right?
    If you are not fit enough, you aren't going to get your guy. If you are not intelligent enough, maybe you don't get enough
    clues. This guy was kind of big, so it makes sense that I would need to be fit in order to successfully bring him in.