Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Supernatural series EVER be finished?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    @duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    peragogo wrote: »
    I’m okay with werewolves and zombies but what is the appeal of fairies? I stopped playing Sims 3 before Supernatural came out so I missed it.
    lol I was just thinking, "I'm ok with werewolves and fairies but why zombies??" I hated them tearing up my plants and things and having to lock my sims in the house on every full moon. I used to turn off the full moon, much to the dismay of my witches, werewolves and the like because I hated the zombies so much :P
    @SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I never liked the Zombies either.
    I always changed the Lunar Moon settings to waning or waxing in Sims 3 so the Zombies wouldn't appear.

I never touched the moon cycle toggle. I used the mailbox cheat 'supernatural population control' and disabled the undead savages.
    Witches and Werebeasts could still do their thing and my sim's garden was safe.

thanks for the tip
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2020
    Ooooh, but we are not done yet...

The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness.

After Knitting, something Dark...

Some may have noticed our pal Grim has made a couple of sneaky appearances in those Nifty Knitting screenshots on the blog & twitter. I know he’s an all-round popular guy, but still...no deaths now, but what about next little Grim Plushy?
    Indeed...What about next?
    @telmarina wrote: »
    I think this is about metal music.

Perhaps. Perhaps.

You’re most definitely right...

@WolfNate wrote: »
    Are we sure this a hint towards occult game/stuff pack?

I wanted it to be. :D
    But we all have to agree Grim has been lurking around the place lately. Occult game pack in September. I can sense it in my old bones. Hopefully my bones haven’t been playing tricks on me this time around...

I think the threads knitting together something dark is a reference to the collab they did with the Unravel game for Nifty Knitting. Also, the Grim plushie was something we voted on, so I don't think he's a hint either.

I don't think there's been enough hints towards us getting an occult game pack for the next one. We've had a lot of hints for a snowy vacation world and a baby update, so I'm guessing the game pack will either be something wintery or family-related. Also, with so many bugs in the game I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed back the game pack release to fix the game, and gave us a winter sport pack or whatever it is near the Holidays.

I'm not trying to ruin your fun, but I just don't have my hopes up for any occult packs this year. Although, it would be nice if they threw us a curve ball and gave us Werewolves or something this October out of the blue with no hints whatsoever.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's gonna suck if we don't get anything occult this year. We already had to wait two years between aliens and vampires, and another two for mermaids and spellcasters. And it looks like we're going to have to wait another two years for something else.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm not trying to ruin your fun, but I just don't have my hopes up for any occult packs this year.

No worries, it’s going to take a lot more to ruin my fun haha. All we can do is wait and see what else is in store for us this year. Apparently, Future Cubes have been hinting at bunk beds, so there is that. ;)
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    If I ever decided to become/be made to into a Game Changer (not entirely sure how it works tbh) I would want my channel/content to be solely focused on occults/supernaturals. I think it’s a niche market and deserves far more credit and representation than it’s currently getting in the game and via the Game Changer programme. The only GCs I have personally seen use occult gameplay are IronSeagull and Plumbella, however, Plum has said in the past the she, despite her love for Harry Potter, is solely a realism player in her spare time. She prefers happy family realism rather than occult play.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    If I ever decided to become/be made to into a Game Changer (not entirely sure how it works tbh) I would want my channel/content to be solely focused on occults/supernaturals. I think it’s a niche market and deserves far more credit and representation than it’s currently getting in the game and via the Game Changer programme. The only GCs I have personally seen use occult gameplay are IronSeagull and Plumbella, however, Plum has said in the past the she, despite her love for Harry Potter, is solely a realism player in her spare time. She prefers happy family realism rather than occult play.

If you ever make a youtube or twitch or something with the hopes of applying to be a Game Changer later, then I'll follow you right away! I'd love to see someone making occult content! o:)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Go for it! Why not? Just make sure you have fun with it first, stick to it, and your followers will come.

We should all swarm the internet with supernatural content! All at once! The Sims community will all be like, "what just happened??" and we'll be like, "That's right, we're coming for you, we're taking over, and you're gonna love this!" And everyone will rejoice, and devs will be like, "holy shamoly, we better get those Werewolves and Fairies out there!"...

*Continues daydreaming happily...*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020

@GracieO312 You should know what you're getting into though. There will be schedules, contracts, short time limits for reviews/videos and definitely some influence on what you're allowed to post and what not. At least that's what LGR, who declined, said and some GCs as well.
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020

You got your first follower right here! :)
    That’s why I don’t watch any game changers or care to get involved because they’re the main reason why occult’s get pushed to the side. None of them deserve my view or likes/sub.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Justin wrote: »

You got your first follower right here! :)
    That’s why I don’t watch any game changers or care to get involved because they’re the main reason why occult’s get pushed to the side. None of them deserve my view or likes/sub.

If you're interested at all in builders, I highly recommend Simproved. She loves Occults and builds the most amazing things, especially around Halloween. She has a playlist on her YouTube channel, I think it's called "Horribles", that includes all of her creepy, Occult and Supernatural builds. There's a running joke that her followers are part of the "Lionfish Cult", because she loves to use the Lionfish plaque in her builds because it has a creepy look to it. (Sort of reminiscent of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu.)

She recently reviewed the Nifty Knitting pack but didn't like it very much because it bores her, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wow! Thank you for your support! I think a disabled Simmer that has a focus on occult/fantasy type play is definitely what the Sims community needs right now. Representation and all that!

Just need to get a decent setup first...

I’m aware it’s not all fun and games though (every job has its potential challenges) but it’s definitely something that I’ve been toying around with in my head for at least a few years. I would love to start a blog/simblr for my supernatural story but I have no idea where to start with that!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow! Thank you for your support! I think a disabled Simmer that has a focus on occult/fantasy type play is definitely what the Sims community needs right now. Representation and all that!

Just need to get a decent setup first...

I’m aware it’s not all fun and games though (every job has its potential challenges) but it’s definitely something that I’ve been toying around with in my head for at least a few years. I would love to start a blog/simblr for my supernatural story but I have no idea where to start with that!

@GracieO312 The only thing I can say is go for it! And the following:

Don’t think about the Game Changer part. That will come eventually once you’re comfortable with your set up.

Best thing to do is start off simple. First and foremost enjoy what you’re doing. You already seem to have some great material on here with The Supernatural Saga. Dedicate a blog to it. And think about how you want to tell the story of your sims. What form will it take on? Explore your technical abilities.

Do you want to publish the story the way you have it here on the forum? Written and supported with images? Or would you like to create an actual comic book with your edited screenshots? I assume you’re doing your edits in Photoshop? Instead of creating the whole graphic novel in PS, there is some pretty nice software out there such as ComicLife or Comic Creator Studio, both offering free trials. Just import your edited images and play with the speech bubbles, panels etc. Much easier.
    Or is Machinima the way you want to go? Again, depending on your technical abilities, this may not be the most straightforward one and it can get overwhelming. I’d say create a very short little story for this kind of thing. Keep yourself interested.

Whatever shape or form you choose, it’s important to know how you’re going to release the content. What’s the feeling, the mood you want your story to evoke? Make sure you keep it consistent. Starting a story and updating it daily or weekly (choose a specific day) may work best. Your audience will stay engaged and wondering about what comes next will give them the incentive to return to your blog.

Once your simblr is somewhat established, you will need to attract an audience. Use your forum signature. You could engage with folks via other platforms such as twitter or instagram in order to expand your audience reach. Share your work.
    Think about how you may want to use YouTube or other video sharing platforms, if at all? Will you be showing how you build the artwork, with your voice over? Or would you rather create an animated graphic novel and publish it on YT? Video sharing can be one of the quickest way to attract an audience, but if it’s not (yet) suitable for your content, I wouldn’t even worry about it.
    Unless you also want to do reviews, or Occult Let’s Plays.

There are so many possibilities out there. But I can’t stress enough that you should do what you’re most passionate about and start off with a simple idea. Give yourself time and ease into it. Enjoy it and see how you can expand upon your magical sims world from there. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Thank you so much for the advice - greatly appreciated! Definitely some food for thought.

I think I would just start off small to begin with (just continuing what I’m doing on my thread really) then think about expanding on from there. Yeah uploads have been a bit sparse as of late (Whoops!) so I’d definitely like to work on that but I do work on it pretty much every day (usually pose making atm).

I just want to offer something unique and interesting tbh and I definitely think the market is a tad bit saturated for realistic family gameplay.

Oh and cheers for reading my thread btw! 👍🏻
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Unfortunately, this is the year for regular humans only themes. So hopefully in January 2021 we'll finally get Werewolves or Fairies.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EnglishSimmer is a Game Changer and she likes the occult sims. She has several let’s plays with them.

On the phone now. Below there should be a link to her Island Living-Story that has a big focus on mersims.

The link to her ROM-playlist. Sadly it never got finished. Keeping fingers crossed that her current LP will get a little side-order of the magical variety.

She is supposed to have a let’s play with Vampires as well. On the phone now, if I got it wrong I will fix the links when I get home.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Potsae wrote: »
    I don't get what it means for a supernatural series to be finished. Occults don't exist, so how do you get a list of lifestates that game has to have to be finished with them? Will they be finished without, say, kikimoras?
    I feel there're enough already. Some of them involve way too little gameplay, but that is another topic.
    I would like zombies. werewolf and fairys to. That would complete them for me. Why it takes them so long. It did not in past packs.
    It's been six years for God sake.
    At times it feels like there milking every drop of some features.
    And make u wait years for them.

In the past holidays had up to three in one pack. Supernatral had 5.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon