Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Content popularity?

Does Origin have a way we can check popularity of stuff dlc sales as Steam does?
I thought it might be really interesting, if we would be able, to see how sales lines up with how voting has gone so far.
It would also be a nice way to check quickly what pack someone wants to buy next based on sales. Opinion on what to buy next seems a constant question. The people who are happiest with a game, are often the ones we hear the least from since they are happily playing right?

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am sure Origin tracks the figures, but I doubt it is in a way accessible to consumers. I remember this being brought up when people were upset with MFP stuff and Bowling Stuff. People wanted to know how well they sold, but EA seems to be fairly stingy with that sort of thing.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    where tracking statistics could be helpful ..i rely heavily on what other players say in regards to the bugs they experience ...and then the cas reviews and build and buy reviews ...i never just purchase a game without looking into it first and the sims has such a variety these days of where to pick up information...in the forums ..twitter...youtube...facebook and you can also look at the bug reports as they come in ...to just not like something doesn't help me because we don't all have the same ways to enjoy the sims...it is interesting to see how other folks view this however
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    As someone who once made one of those "Which pack should I buy next" threads, the raw sales numbers wouldn't have helped me at all. In my thread I said what my playstyle is, listed the pluses each of the three packs I was torn between from my point of view and then asked which pacl people thought I might enjoy the most. Whereas the sales figures would only have told me what other people enjoyed. (In the end I got not one, but two of the three packs).