Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what you think of Plopsy?

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Can you sell photos on Plopsy?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Can you sell photos on Plopsy?

Yes you can.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I like Plopsy. I like that it isn't guaranteed that the items you post will sell. I like that it actually takes some time for the items you list to be bought. I like that the items are stored in the sim inventory until they are bought, I like that you have to actually click on the item to send it to the buyer, it doesn't just automatically disappear, I like that they offer you the option of refusing the buyer if you want to try and hold out for more money. I think it is a nice addition to the game.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I haven't tried listing anything yet, but my sim purchased a few knitted items but can't use them. The items have the "Add to Wardrobe" button grayed out with the message "This item is already unlocked in CAS" (or similar), but they weren't. I tried knitting the same items and adding them to the wardrobe and it worked fine to unlock them. Anyone else have this or know if I'm overlooking something obvious? (I do have mods and cc so presumably it could be caused by that, but I thought I'd see if it was a general thing.)
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I wish when Sims sold something they would have to put it in the mailbox instead of it magically disappearing from their inventory
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    it takes a whle for a item to sell so at first maybe i wont get rich lol
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I wish when Sims sold something they would have to put it in the mailbox instead of it magically disappearing from their inventory

I'm seeing a few people with this complaint and I've very confused. When my sim gets a sale and I instruct her to 'ship' to the buyer she goes to the mailbox and mails it.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

I'm seeing a few people with this complaint and I've very confused. When my sim gets a sale and I instruct her to 'ship' to the buyer she goes to the mailbox and mails it.

Yeah in my game too!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Simpatsyann I'm afraid I haven't bought anything via Plopsy yet, but I will try tomorrow and let you know if nobody else tells you first.

Thinking about Plopsy more, I am getting quite excited at the idea of using it to purchase birthday and Christmas gifts for sims, particularly clothing as we have never been able to gift clothes before. Now, if only we could make chocolate then we'd be able to gift the traditional Xmas presents of socks and chocs :D

I think it will also be more satisfying to sell stuff via Plopsy rather than insta-selling.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

They do go to the mailbox. Mine just did it like an hour ago. Were you on your home lot when the item sold?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    @Simpatsyann I'm afraid I haven't bought anything via Plopsy yet, but I will try tomorrow and let you know if nobody else tells you first.

Thinking about Plopsy more, I am getting quite excited at the idea of using it to purchase birthday and Christmas gifts for sims, particularly clothing as we have never been able to gift clothes before. Now, if only we could make chocolate then we'd be able to gift the traditional Xmas presents of socks and chocs :D

I think it will also be more satisfying to sell stuff via Plopsy rather than insta-selling.

I heard my first Plopsy sale sound and as ridiculous as it sounds it made me feel as happy as selling something on my real life Etsy and Ebay! I love this addition to the game!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I played for a very brief time today. Is there a list of items one can sell on plopsy?
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @calaprfy I don't think anyone has made a list yet but from what the devs have said you can sell anything your sim can craft aside from fabricated items, living things fish, frogs, etc..., food and drink

if anyone is wondering candles can be sold on plopsy when my sim was browsing I saw a candle for sale meaning our sims can sell them.

@Simpatsyann I have not tried buying the knitted wardrobe items from plopsy yet so i've not noticed this my sim was able to add the items to her wardrobe when she knitted them. When I next go in-game I'll see what happens when I purchase an item. I would suggest turning mods off in through the game options and try loading the game to see if you still get the same issue as it could be a strange glitch only some are experiencing.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I haven't tried listing anything yet, but my sim purchased a few knitted items but can't use them. The items have the "Add to Wardrobe" button grayed out with the message "This item is already unlocked in CAS" (or similar), but they weren't. I tried knitting the same items and adding them to the wardrobe and it worked fine to unlock them. Anyone else have this or know if I'm overlooking something obvious? (I do have mods and cc so presumably it could be caused by that, but I thought I'd see if it was a general thing.)

I bought a knitted cardigan thing (full outfit) today, it was fine to 'Add To Wardrobe' and when I went into CAS it was unlocked in the colour I purchased. So not sure why it didn't work for you.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    has anyone found plopsy on the computer yet?? I've only found it on the phone as in "sell on plopsy???
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    has anyone found plopsy on the computer yet?? I've only found it on the phone as in "sell on plopsy???

It's in the 'Order...' section on the computer.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

It's in the 'Order...' section on the computer.

thank you
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

I bought a knitted cardigan thing (full outfit) today, it was fine to 'Add To Wardrobe' and when I went into CAS it was unlocked in the colour I purchased. So not sure why it didn't work for you.

Thank you for checking! Time to pick through my mods, I guess, although it's not that much of a problem.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I only just got around to watching the livestream lol. But, from there, it looks like you list stuff on Plopsy 'magically' - I would have thought your sim would need to go and sit at a computer to list it, or at least pull out their phone and list it via a phone app... I'm a bit disappointed with that.

But I can't wait to start buying and selling stuff, that part will be fun.

@elanorbreton they do pull out the phone to list the items.

Oh! Haha I must need new glasses, I only saw the sim swipe the painting. Thanks for that info x

I've noticed that cause my sim is a photographer. He takes 5 photos at a time. He sells 4 of them to magazines (that is magical hahah) and then he pulls out his phone and lists the last one on plopsy.

Do you open the stack and sell them individually and he does that?
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    I dont like that offers on Plopsy dont come through sooner. Other than that, i love this pack.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I only just got around to watching the livestream lol. But, from there, it looks like you list stuff on Plopsy 'magically' - I would have thought your sim would need to go and sit at a computer to list it, or at least pull out their phone and list it via a phone app... I'm a bit disappointed with that.

But I can't wait to start buying and selling stuff, that part will be fun.

@elanorbreton they do pull out the phone to list the items.

Oh! Haha I must need new glasses, I only saw the sim swipe the painting. Thanks for that info x

I've noticed that cause my sim is a photographer. He takes 5 photos at a time. He sells 4 of them to magazines (that is magical hahah) and then he pulls out his phone and lists the last one on plopsy.

Do you open the stack and sell them individually and he does that?

Yes, i take 5 photos. Then i open it and i make him sell the photos individually. But i may have explained bad about plopsy (not english speaker, sorry :) ) My sim doesn't list on plopsy autonomously. I click on the last photo and make him sell it on plopsy.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like that there are objects that I would normally not have but I wish we could sell a bigger range. Collectibles, for example. And books.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think it could be a lot more hand-on and it needed a better UI.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    I have only used it to sell my knitted creations, but I love it. As my skill increased I stopped listing anything of "Normal" quality, listing only items that are Excellent or Legendary. I love when someone buys something from me and the message pops up - it's kind of addicting! My Sim has a full time job, but otherwise I just have her knitting like crazy so I can keep listing things on Plopsy. She makes more money from Plopsy than at her job, but for now her job is at least regularly expected money so I'm not having her quit her job.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love the messages from buyers, the little inside jokes in the names ect... and am glad that I have a way to buy things my sim might not want to make. It makes getting some items unlocked possible too if you don't want to cheat, you just have to be willing to look every few days.
    I can see going back to selling directly more often but it's another option for challenges and playing things out more realistically or differently and I'm all for that option for me or other simmers. It just adds more game play possibilities and that's great.
    egTcBMc.png