Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like nifty knitting?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I'm taking it slow. Playing a single sim household right now and it can get pretty boring watching your sim knit if you don't have other household members to interact with. So right now she's only knitting a couple of game hours at a time while still working on her fabrication and candlemaking skills and raising her bugs. And selling her stuff on Plopsy. :p Once she levels up and completes the aspiration I'll probably move her daughters in (they're currently living with their dad) and have her teach them to knit.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I liked it more than I thought I would. I more so got it because of all the extra gameplay elements and for "playing together with" a friend, I find knitting as a theme as drab as bowling, but when I started playing around I found it spicing up several of my regular households and their stories.

I really did not believe it as a true enhancer for the elder life stage until I had two elder rivals competing to knit the best goods for their families. It fits them perfectly as the neighboring strict grandmothers. I also play a family where Vlad raises five daughters and him knitting clothes for them is absolutely hilarious in my opinion.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I love how it ties gameplay with the cas and bb items, it makes the pack feel very cohesive. Not all the items are my taste, so i wont be knitting everything but i love some of what i unlocked so far.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I honestly feel like it’s a cute concept and it’s fun but saying that I feel like it could get old fast. I wish this wasn’t a SP but like an arts & crafts EP or GP with more then just knitting. It falls short of keeping my interest because once you have done everything then it’s not worth doing the same things with every family you create. To me it’s really not worth getting.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Hello everyone, for those who already owns the pack, what is the most expensive item you can knit? How many time to knit it?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I want to give it a spin but I'm holding out for a Garden patch. They fix the Garden then they got my $10.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I want to give it a spin but I'm holding out for a Garden patch. They fix the Garden then they got my $10.

We know. :p
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i love the rocking chair my sim went into labour and sat in the rocking chair the whole time she liked it
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yeah, I bought it then had to leave for work so I have to wait til I get home to play
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I only just started last night with building a new house and made a good space for the new build/buy items. So far, I am loving the swatches, everything is perfect in that sense, down to the decorative yarn balls to the craft units, and the crochet nod on the door just made this crocheter very happy. It'll be a little while before I look at the gameplay side of things, however (am in a lengthy build phase due to starting a new game, and a new game for me requires razing every pre-existing thing down and building all the plots back up again. It takes a while! :blush: )
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm enjoying it. I've got the sim I wanted it for most to level 10, giving gifts, fleshing out her wardrobe and being the town onsie fairy. I haven't tried the level 10 complete the aspiration stuff yet since I dinged it off late and played too darn much. I'll do that later today though... so looking forward to that. Mostly though I enjoy it and am certain I will continue to enjoy it because it's a hobby to help define my sims. Not everyone of my sims will knit anymore than not everyone will get skilled at fishing in the game. I do know of a number of sims I'll give the skill too though and looking forward to using it for different stories.
    I do like the build/buy and little stuff. Mostly the pack just feels cozy to me somehow.
    Also METAL.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    jafo88fanjafo88fan Posts: 577 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I do like what I have seen of the pack after watching a couple Game Changer vods. But it looks as if the Sims are a bit obsessed with knitting; often quitting things like cooking and socializing to sit and knit. And they often start new projects before finishing one that is in their inventory. Is this true for everyone, or does this happen less after you play longer? I want the pack. But I don't want the knitting to interfere with the other things I need my Sims to do during their day.

I made a new sim and she does this. She is about broke because of all her projects. And turning off autonomy doesn't make a difference, she still hung up her phone to start on a beanie. Hopefully a patch will come soon. She's literally dying to knit at this point.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    jafo88fan wrote: »

I made a new sim and she does this. She is about broke because of all her projects. And turning off autonomy doesn't make a difference, she still hung up her phone to start on a beanie. Hopefully a patch will come soon. She's literally dying to knit at this point.
    What if you take the yarn bag out her inventory? Does she still does this?

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm still not "crazy" about it as it was never my point of interest but I'm enjoying it. Before the pack came out I was doing an apocalyptic storyline (as usual lol) I have everything perfect. The smog is thick in the air on a dark stormy night, sims set up camp in an abandoned prison. The military sim is trying to get in contact with sims from the outside world etc etc and I'm thinking to myself how am I gonna fit "knitting" into this?

Fastfoward I plopped a rocking chair and knitting basket in the middle of that prison. A bit strange but hey, my sim has been learning to knit warm clothes they will need as the fall rolls in. 😅
    I love how serene their expression looks in the rocking chair it's so relaxing lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes.

I posted while ago and it disappeared so saying yes again.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    It's as boring as I expected it to be. My sim literally just sits in a chair and knits with the same colour animation over and over again, they don't even have a ball of yarn visible while knitting either which is such an odd detail to leave out. How this won the vote over so many other options I will never know. The only positive thing I can say is that Plopsy is an interesting addition and finally we get something cute for babies.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I like it a lot. I have my sim knitting gifts for her family for Christmas right now. I like that we can gift the stuff we make to other sims. I love the rocking chairs. My only real complaint is that you can't rock babies or toddlers in the chairs. That would have made the pack perfect to me.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm enjoying it. I play rotationally and DLC doesn't always align well with whatever household I'm playing at the moment but this time I had the perfect sim in the perfect situation to take advantage of it. If I could change - or add - something to the pack I've have preferred at least one more modern/contemporary looking version of both the rocking chair and the knitting basket.

ETA: Something I'm not a big fan of are the many plant hangers - I'm old enough to remember macrame and that's what they remind me of, although I'm aware knitting and macrame are different techniques.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Thank you, everyone, for your reviews they are always appreciated when we get a new pack from other players. Your reviews often help me decide whether to wait on getting a new pack or not right away or maybe getting it when everything goes half off. I too was curious to whether or not I should get this pack or not.

Thank you very much, everyone.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I'm going to pass on this pack. Knitting doesn't interest me at all, and the pack seems light in content otherwise. I love the one hairstyle, but can't see buying a pack for one CAS item.
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    I think Nifty Knitting adds some nice gameplay additions, but isn't a stand-alone pack, if that makes sense. The addition of music stations (Metal specifically) that alter mood is a great concept that can be taken further with older stations too. I think this pack offers a good deal of content for approx 10 bucks that adds to gameplay overall.

Reminisce is a cute animation with a lot of promise down the road: I could easily see it more fleshed out with the addition of Sim interests or memories. If we could select, say... five to ten icons for a sim that they will reminisce about... that would be so much more powerful and rewarding to players. It could work kind of like the holiday or group maker. Right now, every elder dreams about the same memories, and they don't always apply. (Like an unmarried, childless elder remembering the birth of a child) Different packs could offer different icons, so for example military memories from the Strangerville career.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like it so far :) I added knitting baskets to a few sims' inventories and am going to be playing some knitters in my current households. In one, a family of 3, I gave them a basket each and set up a family club which includes knitting as one of their activities. The dad has a mistress living in a different house with their 2 children and her mother. The mistress' mother is also going to be a knitter. I'm due to renovate the mistress' house when her family gets some decent money in so I'll probably aim to use mostly content from NK and TL, which I also got just recently.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    The smog is thick in the air on a dark stormy night, sims set up camp in an abandoned prison. The military sim is trying to get in contact with sims from the outside world etc etc...

I was really getting into it. Please keep going. B)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    This is definitely one of my favorite stuff packs! There is something so rewarding about having your sim knit their own wardrobe items and then wear them. Makes the clothing more special for sure. I really hope modders find a way for Sims to knit even more clothing!!
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    From what little I've used so far, it's pretty much exactly what I expected. Meaning it's as exciting as watching someone knit lol.

But it's cute. I do like having more things to give as gifts.

I've been getting my kid sim to build up motor skill this way and pretending he's learning how to sew because his parents neglect him. Then he gave a pair of normal quality socks to his crush and they weren't well-received lol but they were also in the middle of a heat wave so.