Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is a thread to report your experience with NAPs after the 23rd July patch

Hello everybody :)
This is a thread to report your experience with NAPs after the 23rd July patch.
I haven't patched my game yet as im travelling with no pc. So let me know how NAPs changed with this patch. Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I have them all turned off. They don't seem to have any point beyond providing influence points that also have no real purpose. :D
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    nap? What are those
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    WolfNate wrote: »
    nap? What are those

The Neighbourhood Action Plans that came with Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    nap? What are those

Neighbourhood Action Plans. It's a Eco Lifestyle feature.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    How do you turn NAPs off? Is it in game feature option like the weather and fame? Or a mod?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    How do you turn NAPs off? Is it in game feature option like the weather and fame? Or a mod?

It's in the option's menu of the game -> Eco Lifestyle
  • Options
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Turn off voting. I had to go round all my neighbourhoods and remove them one by one by using testingcheats on and right clicking mailboxes to instantly repeal them all.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I turned voting off fairly soon after getting the ep but have since started using some mods to stop the residual bag wearing and stealing, etc. So I'm also curious if they fixed things in the patch too. I'll leave my mods in for now.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    Still having sims randomly steal and break into my home. Also, white cake everywhere.. clay coming out of nowhere, movies not giving buffs.. gardening! So many problems that makes the game unplayable . No knitting pack until they fix these issues. Not even an official response that they’re aware of the other issues & fixing it. Where’s the customer service communication? Lol
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I started a new game today, wasn't sure it patch was today or tomorrow. I turned off voting and used a cheat to make the 4 I wanted for my neighborhood and no other neighborhoods have any enacted. I did that bc the stealing one was all over place where my sim didn't live so I couldn't stop it.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    So far I'm still waiting for Origin to update the game and not disappear every time I click "update".
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Is the white cake obsession still there? I've got bored of the game and gone back to playing TS3 so I haven't checked
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    So far I'm still waiting for Origin to update the game and not disappear every time I click "update".

I had the same problem yesterday (also with the last update) when clicking on the Sims 4. Origin would pop up but then disappear when I clicked update. Try opening origin and then updating. It worked for me.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited July 2020
    -NPC Sims will no longer follow enacted policies in their home neighborhood if Sims travel to another neighborhood or world before the voting period ends.

If I understand correctly, this means that any sim that traveled during the voting phase of a NAP got the trait stuck on them to do the NAP activities everywhere they went. Now they should only perform them in their own neighbourhood. Can anyone confirm this is fixed? Quite frankly I haven't removed my mods because I don't trust them but I'll fire up a vanilla save if no one knows.

Regarding the way NAPS themselves work, particularly Sharing is Caring - I don't think this is a bug to the developers. They were meant to work like that. Rather than ask for general bug fix - which may have them scratching their heads because there is no bug- it would probably be wise for everyone to point out the issues that it is specifically causing for game play. As some have said - public lots getting trashed, university dorms getting emptied with no way short of cheats to rectify is as you are not allowed to build in them, etc. It's clear to players what needs to change but I question if they play enough to see it as we do.
  • Options
    osirisranosirisran Posts: 1 New Member
    I have to admit (and I'm usually the first to defend the game) I'm going out of my mind right now with these NAPs. I was very disappointed to see that the patch didn't address them. The actions are constant! And they interrupt actions that I've assigned! Getting my Sims to do what I want them to do is incredibly frustrating, and it's making me want to rage quit. I'm sick of seeing future cubes and clay in their inventories. I'm sick of redirecting my Sims away from the refrigerator to make a cake. I need them to at least complete the action I've selected for them.

Perhaps I misunderstood the function of the NAPs, but wouldn't it make far more sense for you to purposefully select actions that would gain influence points rather than have the Sims do them autonomously?

Also, I attempted to disable the NAPs by deselecting NPC voting and cheat-repealing the ones already in place. My Sims are continuing the unwanted actions. I've tried reloading the household. Does anyone have any advice?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    osirisran wrote: »
    I have to admit (and I'm usually the first to defend the game) I'm going out of my mind right now with these NAPs. I was very disappointed to see that the patch didn't address them. The actions are constant! And they interrupt actions that I've assigned! Getting my Sims to do what I want them to do is incredibly frustrating, and it's making me want to rage quit. I'm sick of seeing future cubes and clay in their inventories. I'm sick of redirecting my Sims away from the refrigerator to make a cake. I need them to at least complete the action I've selected for them.

Perhaps I misunderstood the function of the NAPs, but wouldn't it make far more sense for you to purposefully select actions that would gain influence points rather than have the Sims do them autonomously?

Also, I attempted to disable the NAPs by deselecting NPC voting and cheat-repealing the ones already in place. My Sims are continuing the unwanted actions. I've tried reloading the household. Does anyone have any advice?

Honestly your only hope to get rid of them completely would be to start a new save (or backup save from before Eco), and make sure NPC voting is disabled before you start playing, or mods.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    osirisran wrote: »

This mod is fantastic:
    https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/
    It solved all my NAP woes.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: