Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Wanting Sims 5 Because Spent Money On Packs

Comments

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was pro sims 5 before but it was because i thought sims 4 was not for me, i gave it another chance recently and loved it and enjoyed it despite my having a rough start since the latest patch seems to have brought some bugs into my game. Why would i want to start over? and since i like the game now, i would rather new content for it than a new game entirely.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Krueger wrote: »
    Some of us have done this 2-4 times already and don't want to do it again. I know that Sims 5's base game will have to be spectacular to tempt me. I've played all 4 iterations of the game and definitely don't want start from scratch with a new game. With 3 and 4, I played the base game for a while then went back to the previous version until some packs came out, because I started to miss all the extra content.

The empty feel of the base games when you go from having 10+ packs to none is very real. Even if you like the base game, it's hard not to start immediately wanting more. Hence why I've had 4 for only a year and have half of the packs haha.

Yeah, exactly. I'm not sorry I bought 3 and 4 upon release because I had fun with them even though I then went backwards for a time with each of them (at times I have also gone back to 2) but I have no desire to buy just the base game yet again and then have to wait years for favourite content such as weather, magic, university etc.

Sims 5 needs to come with weather in the base game, plus proper layering, better customisation for sims and their homes, as well as more "normal" jobs, and an upgrade to the aging system as well, because a new iteration should have its own innovations. If it doesn't have those things, I just don't see the point in even giving it a second glance.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't want the Sims 5 because I know it won't be good. It will be empty and even more shallow than the Sims 4. In addition, there will be even MORE DLC for the Sims 5 than the Sims 4. Just imagine spending $15 for a dining table and chairs!
    It will also most likely be multiplayer, competitive and online, three things I do not want.

I'm ready for a new franchise at this point from a more capable and trustworthy company. Paradox hopefully is taking notes.
    I've given up on EA.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm getting tired of the DLC partitioning model. Since The Sims 2 codified The Sims experience we've been playing the waiting game. That is, the iteration comes out and then we sit for a few years until the features that we want are implemented through DLC. Then the new iteration comes out and we go back to vanilla. I'm not sure that I'm interested in doing this for the fourth time, and even less sure that I want to purchase what is essentially the same game.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    My major concern is the rumors floating around that it may be multiplayer. This may not come true, and if it doesn't I will be more willing to move on, but at the same time, even if it isn't multiplayer, if the base game starts out with the same problems the Sims 4 did I won't be buying until long after it releases. I am not going to buy a base that is only half finished, and that is what the original base of 4 felt like to me. I bought 4 at the start and I regretted it. I enjoy it now, it has vastly improved, but I won't make the same mistake again. 5 will have to greatly impress me for me to buy it on release.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    At this point in my life, I'm not sure I want to invest in a game that will last longer than I will. There are still a lot of things I've yet to do in Sims 4 that will give me plenty of time. If the rumors are actually true that Sims 5 will be multiplayer, you can count me out; I'll stick with Sims 4 and once I know there will be no more updates I can start using CC. :) That doesn't mean I'll be upset if they start development on Sims 5, as long as Sims 4 is still supported at least for bug repair for a couple of years.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’m hesitant about TS5 because IMO the series has been on a downward trajectory and I’m fearful of what the next game might have in store.

Factor that in with the outlay of cash I’ve put down on this version and sure, there’s some reluctance here.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Some of us have done this 2-4 times already and don't want to do it again. I know that Sims 5's base game will have to be spectacular to tempt me. I've played all 4 iterations of the game and definitely don't want start from scratch with a new game. With 3 and 4, I played the base game for a while then went back to the previous version until some packs came out, because I started to miss all the extra content.

This would likely be me, unless 5 goes online multiplayer, then I will stick with 4 and just load it up with mods and cc.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2020
    People say they dont want to rebuy it all, but they will anyway. They keep putting $ towards ts4 (the most shocking is the overpriced stuff packs) why not on a new game with real personalities, depth, humor, customization etc. Dont keep us in the dark ages, lets move on ppl
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    People say they dont want to rebuy it all, but they will anyway. They keep putting $ towards ts4 (the most shocking is the overpriced stuff packs) why not on a new game with real personalities, depth, humor, customization etc. Dont keep us in the dark ages, lets move on ppl

If it came to be all of it i would rebuy it all, step by step as always and i would be super happy with it. But i would never buy the base game on release. I will wait for many reviews way after the novelty excitement.

And if they focus the game in any kind of competition, i'm immediatly out.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    i would like to see the sims 4 wrap up in another six months to a year. We have always moved on to a new series after so much time to keep the game current and allow for fresh content. I would not enjoy multi player merely because it allows a platform that has potential to become hurtful to those who become victims in either some kind of fraud or just malicious mind games ...I would not want anything similar to the sims 3 because that system never worked well for so many folks....but then again there seems to be so many who want story progression and mishaps etc so maybe there is a way to incorporate a bit of that.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    At this point in my life, I'm not sure I want to invest in a game that will last longer than I will.

I really only want to qoute you on this part. I have lots n lots of games that'll be around after I die I really don't dwell on what the stuff I own or bought on mmos will become of when I die and I don't I think it's kinda depressing if you only think about what'll happen to your toys when you die and will only buy things that won't last long
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

For the first bolded part, for me, as I can only talk for myself, not the famous "everyone", false.
    I was totally happy with sims2 when sims3 came, after seeing how the sims looked, I never bought a single pack, and never will.

AND I refused to buy sims4 also, and I never did. I had the free basegame from over a year ago. But I never bought it. True, I have bought DLC up till this day, but that is because of my own choise.

And for the second bolded part, If you are talking about sims5, do you honestly believe that will happen? :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I do not exactly have a time frame I want Sims 5 in, but it does seem like such a shame to leave 4 like it is. It still feels so incomplete and shallow, even with some series firsts. I have absolutely gotten enjoyment out of it, but I feel more limited in 4 than I have in any current gen Sims game.

Also, as some mentioned, there are fears as to what 5 might end up as. If 4 had been that online only game that I truly believe it was going to be before SimCity crashed and burned, then I would have quit right there and then. I would have played 3 for the rest of my life, but no more. That direction destroyed the potential of the base game and the entire generation (to have a sturdy house, you must have a sturdy foundation). If 5 is this online, multiplayer, microtransaction riddled, virtual experience then I will not touch it with a 10 foot pole.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Because the folks we’d be relying on to deliver those things are the same ones who have been so uninspiring in their TS4 output.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    People who dont want to buy Sims 5 because they dont want to start over again well it's their choice, but demanding Sims 5 to stop its development and only let the studio continue Sims 4 developments is another story.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

Because the folks we’d be relying on to deliver those things are the same ones who have been so uninspiring in their TS4 output.

Do we know that this will be the case? Was it the same developers who made the sims4 who made the sims3?
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2020
    Every The sims edition has more empty base game and more (but poorer packs) Fortunately I skipped TS3, but still I have same theme packs for TS1, TS2 and TS4. Honestly I am only buying packs for TS4 on sales, because I think that original price is too high for content which they bring. Anyway I am done and I do not want to buy Pets, Seasons, Vacations, Business, Famous, City, Clubbing, University theme packs again. Especially that for example TS1 Unleashed added to game bigger world, more community lots types, pets (a lot of different pets), farming etc, The Sims 2 added same content in TS2 Pets and TS2 Seasons (but with weather options) as I know TS3 added this content with TS3 Pets abd TS3 Seasons but The Sims 4 added same content with TS4 Cats and Dogs, TS4 Seasons, TS4 My first Pet Stuff, TS4 Spooky Stuff and still we do not have all. Accordind to that I am really sure that in potential The Sims 5 we will need more packs to get the same content. Maybe every season will be in another pack and also dogs will have their own pack and casts also will have another own pack.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I don't feel ready to move on to a new Sims game. I would like 4 to be more finished, for sure! There are things still missing I do feel the absence of in my builds and even though I tend to skew more positive to my TS4 experience than others, it's probably because the majority of my gaming time is used playing other games (still FFXIV right now). I do a good building session once in a while, and enjoy it, but then I miss something that's not there and was in the Sims 2, and decide to put 4 on hold for a little bit just in case - I mean, I loved our staircase update, but I really want to see small footprint spiral staircases for one. There's so much of the game I've not even gotten to because of this. And so, naturally, I have no need to move on from it as I still see potential for TS4.

It would literally be a waste of my money to buy something new when I've not even "finished" its previous iteration where I have all the packs thus far.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    It isn’t the money, it’s the fact that when the sims 5 comes out it will be back to base game. No pets, seasons or any of that and then we have to go through the process of ‘oo will the next expansion be Uni or seasons’ as they slowely remake TS4 packs. Like we’re at the point in TS4 where we have the basic expansions and anything that comes now is new (pretty much) like eco
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Almost six years since Sims4 was released, and Sims3 is still doing well, while CC and mod creators continue to add playability and fixes to that iteration. Same goes for Sims2. So, given the fact that even though EA kicked those iterations to the curb, players still play both along with playing Sims4. There is no way I am ready to up and quit playing Sims4 then wait years for Sims5 to become a proper game. This is my fourth time of going through the hassle of waiting for new content and bug fixes, and it has grown to become more work and frustration than the Sims experience is worth. The money part doesn't bother me. It's the lack of showing us anything different and unique, and after twenty years of creating Sims games, I had high expectations for the teams to be a lot better at developing unique content when Sims4 was announced. Sadly, my initial excitement for Sims4 died fifteen minutes into playing that bare bones base game; and I went back to Sims3 for sixteen months. Returning only after the release of several packs that I bought at a discounted price. Add in all this talk about on line, multi-player capabilities, a 'reality TV' spin off, and competitions that will no doubt divide this community even more, and EA can count me out.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If Sims 5 can give us everything Sims 4 cant seem to deliver like all life stages cars Sims with memories wants fears and emotions I'm not talking about an icon that tells me they have an emotion but actual in game behavior and actions that show it I'd instantly be ready to jump ship. I truly don't care how much I've spent on Sims 4 and its a lot because no matter how many packs I buy the game never really improves because the core was not done right and no signs it will be fixed besides surveys that may or may not happen.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AND I refused to buy sims4 also, and I never did. I had the free basegame from over a year ago. But I never bought it. True, I have bought DLC up till this day, but that is because of my own choise.

And for the second bolded part, If you are talking about sims5, do you honestly believe that will happen? :D

Ok, I mean as the majority. Because the same for me lol! I bought base game i think half off? And one game pack on sale. Thats all i still have.

As for the 2nd part, let me dream 😭😭😭😭 a good sims 5 game is the only thing keeping me attached to this franchise!!

• Options
    So_Money wrote: »

Who knows, maybe it'll be completely different by then. I can only hope so. Because if things stay the same, 👎👎👎

• Options
    SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    I personally will get Sims 5 as I would love to see the direction it leads.

What I do not want to see is micro transactions. For me this would absolutely ruin the game experience for my own personal game play. I do not mind buying Expansions, Game Packs or Stuff Packs however the idea of constant advertising and nickel and diming on a daily basis would be an immediate turn off.

I would love to see an 'option' for multi player where we can control who gets to join our game. For instance making a private game and then inviting 'friends' to join it but have it locked with a password etc. If the games were to be wide open for the public then for me, I would only play multiplayer if I could make a private game with invites. I would still want the option to play single player. I think having different gaming modes would appease everyone as some simply just want to play alone or have social/anxiety issues. To give different options to players would almost be a necessity. To piggyback on this idea .. having a Sims friends list would be great but for times when you simply want to be alone having an option to 'appear offline' while still accessing the 'online' features would also be a necessity. Privacy and Safety measures would need to be built into any multiplayer options especially if young teenagers are playing the game. This leads into my my other concern. This happens in other multiplayer games that I have seen on Xbox where young teens are lured and preyed upon. Please please .. make private games and invite only/solo options if this does go multiplayer and means to protect our players.

I also do not mind if social media was integrated into the game, however would like this to remain an 'option' and not forced on the player. Not everyone wants a Facebook account or other social media accounts for privacy reasons and certainly do not want to be forced to log in with such accounts. For some who use these platforms it would be very useful, but once again I would hope it would remain optional and not required. That would be an instant turn off.

So with the list of what I do not want to see, I will say I am looking forward to see what Sims 5 will bring. I hope there would be an opportunity for some game players to test this out before it goes live to ensure immediate bugs etc. are taken care of. I do not mean just a couple weeks prior to launch but over months of testing and providing feedback through non disclosure agreements etc.. I am sure there are many people that would love to test it out even in its unpolished infancy stage, to ensure a polished end product is released. I certainly would.

Anyhow those are my 2 Simoleans