Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want Fear Emotion Back rather than more tense buffs

KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
edited July 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I have already said about why we should have fears and a sim horror channel to return on Sims 4 Halloween patch. But I want to know if everyone is board on this idea. Let me know this question are you willing for SimGurus to add Fear emotion to this game along with the Cowardly trait. :s

Update Please Sign On Petition if you want this to happen

https://www.change.org/Sims4Fear13

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978803/fear-emotion-please-make-it-happen-but-please-not-more-tense-emotion-halloween-patch-please#latest
Post edited by KriticalKlown on

Do you want Fear Emotion Back rather than more tense buffs 38 votes

Yes, I want Fear to be added as a update patch for Halloween
86%
auroraael14redrogue60sketchesEvilWitch83Isb917NADYSOPHIEluthienrisingcmbaker16Rachel580FroilBabykittyjadeannaliese39ChadSims2Gecko420KriticalKlowncomicsforlifeVivi_WillowTreePeculiarPlumbobOceancatperagogo 33 votes
No, I just Tense Only please
2%
EnkiSchmidt 1 vote
Maybe, It can be someday added in the Game
5%
texxx78Potsae 2 votes
I want the horror channel only
0%
I want to see if fear emotion buffs happen in the future.
5%
Coconut27simmerbria 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't care when or how it's added but fear is a MUST!!!! It's so silly we don't have it yet but I'm still hopeful they will add it. We need the cowardly and brave trait too. 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I'm not sure how to answer from the choices in the survey. My main problem with "tense" being used in situations that ought to be "fear" is that the animations for "tense" look angry to me rather than fearful or nervous. I have often seen one of my sims appearing to be angry (gritted teeth and glowering and clenched fists) and wondered what on earth they were so angry about, but when I checked their moodlets, I discovered they were in fact "tense" due to something like a recent fire, a thunder storm, seeing ghosts, or being surrounded by strangers.

"Tense" (at least in American English) is a perfectly fine word to describe those situations, but a distinction needs to be made in the animations. If the situation is such that they would be feeling a nervous kind of tense rather than an angry kind of tense, the animations need to reflect that. I don't care if the way that is solved is by adding a "fear" emotion, or by revamping the "tense" emotion. It just bothers me when sims look angry at times when supposedly they are feeling nervous.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    To be fair, I do not see many people being against added free content, but it has always been odd that pretty much the worst it got was uncomfortable and tense. I understand the dangerous levels of hysterical, etc., but other than uncomfortable and tense there really is not much negative. (I suppose you can argue that anger are sadness are negative, and usually I would agree, but they are so complicated that you really cannot live life without them.)

Even without an emotion system, Sims 3 captured more emotions. Fear being the one in question here. It was always odd that people were not afraid of the grim reaper, some occults, death, etc. The monster under the bed was tailor made to terrify children and they do not have an emotion for that. So, yes, I would like to see it and more added.
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    To be fair, I do not see many people being against added free content, but it has always been odd that pretty much the worst it got was uncomfortable and tense. I understand the dangerous levels of hysterical, etc., but other than uncomfortable and tense there really is not much negative. (I suppose you can argue that anger are sadness are negative, and usually I would agree, but they are so complicated that you really cannot live life without them.)

Even without an emotion system, Sims 3 captured more emotions. Fear being the one in question here. It was always odd that people were not afraid of the grim reaper, some occults, death, etc. The monster under the bed was tailor made to terrify children and they do not have an emotion for that. So, yes, I would like to see it and more added.

You guys are in luck I'm starting a petition on Change.org

chng.it/Bfj2VnwK

I hope this can become a real thing.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i'm done with the sims 4 emotion system, however i won't be against the fear emotion if it's added (i'll never be against any free addition to the game that will improve it), but i would prefer if ea decides to give a massive rework to the core of the game which is what it needs, but they won't do cuz apparently its impossible (just as how it was impossible to have toddlers, bunk beds, or many other things that modders and devs yrs later showed that are possible) also they have no budget for it cuz ya know, small indie company
  • Options
    @bellagoth_ For the first I don’t like Moderators or Modders who do emotions because they can’t make a mod that can change the color of emotions, buffs, emotion though bubbles and more because they “don’t know how to change the games emotion system of this game” instead they rely on changing the name with emotion as possessed sims color buff or the sad sims color buff. I’m so done with you trying to bring that mods will solve everything I have already saw the trailer test for the bunk bed mod. The only thing I like about the sim moderators is they are making harvestable and food items in games that I love like SCCO. Can they change color of the of emotion that you want no it will not happened because they have other things to do than just simply change the color of emotion to make a mod known as Fear by NeilSimming. 😤
  • Options
    @bellagoth_ For the first I don’t like Moderators or Modders who do emotions because they can’t make a mod that can change the color of emotions, buffs, emotion though bubbles and more because they “don’t know how to change the games emotion system of this game” instead they rely on changing the name with emotion as possessed sims color buff or the sad sims color buff. I’m so done with you trying to bring that mods will solve everything I have already saw the trailer test for the bunk bed mod. The only thing I like about the sim moderators is they are making harvestable and food items in games that I love like SCCO. Can they change color of the of emotion that you want no it will not happened because they have other things to do than just simply change the color of emotion to make a mod known as Fear by NeilSimming. 😤

they try. they do mods as a hobby it ain't their job, and many of them have already solved many things that ea hasn't yet, especially bugs. if you have a problem with modders then go complain somewhere else and don't annoy me with whatever u got into ur head
  • Options
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

they try. they do mods as a hobby it ain't their job, and many of them have already solved many things that ea hasn't yet, especially bugs. if you have a problem with modders then go complain somewhere else and don't annoy me with whatever u got into ur head

But @bellagoth_ thats why Zebru did nothing to make a custom color for the Mod Constructor that’s my point going to the gurus for help.
  • Options
    oh btw @undeadninjabit i never said that modders will solve everything. i wish they shouldn't even have to try if ea did things right. i don't play ts4 anymore but it was tiring to have to download mods for every bug (i'm pretty sure it's also tiring for them to make mods with the limited code that ts4 has). i get ya u want ea to bring stuff into the game, but i won't get angry at modders for trying to help, that's straight up disrespectful
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    And Werewolves.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Definitely. And your updated main post is awesome, @UndeadNinjabit ! It's so thorough... from the traits, to the scenarios, to the expansion pack accomodations, to the new TV channel! It would seem all the Sims team needs to do is take your suggestions and develop them. Haha. You've already laid out the plans/goals. 👍

Hopefully we can look forward to a pack or update with these fear-related features!

Best of luck... We're all in this together!
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2020
    but i do not want it to be flimsy like every emotion in this game until now no it needs to go futher like ts2 fears and more

maybe full phobia system and randomized daily fears which will deduct achievement points if carried out and make your sims completely lose their minds

don't mind if it is in pack tho cause it would be big addition
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We need fear and for them to actually update all older content to work with it that makes sense.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"