Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your sims's favourite hobbies?

Comments

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Music related (guitar, piano, pipe organ, violin, singing, dj mixing, dancing)
    A lot of the things you list I use as moneymaking skills like writing, painting, fishing. I use most of those "hobbies" in the game and I enjoy them, but the game doesn't treat many of those as fun or relaxing.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other (please let us know)
    they often have a few and its pretty much spread across categories depending on the traits of sim

but I usually go for anything less techy tech cause i like old style saves and some hobby items go for old decor too

or then for hobbies that only need very small items since my sims houses too smoll for big object

well unless i go full sci-fi futuristic big machines which i plan to do my next save cause i never do and its kinda sad i never use those object
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims all have different hobbies, but there is always a lot of music and dancing in my games. One of my Sims just got the punching robot, so I'm getting to enjoy that for the first time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LittleOldPotatoLittleOldPotato Posts: 24 Member
    Other creative arts (painting, photography, writting)
    My sims almost always do painting and writing because it gets them money 😂. In my current game both the parents write so we get a good pay cheque every morning, usually at 10 am. Lol.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I always choose the piano for my sims.
  • Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Nature related (fishing, herbalism)
    All my sims garden and it's the first skill they master. It's also the one thing that keeps me playing the sims 4. Fishing is another hobby as it's collecting crystals, metals, frogs and any collectable item that can be found around.other hobbies vary depending on the sim, such as some like painting others writing etc.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think I enjoy fishing and gardening the most. Fitness/Wellness probably comes second.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    My sims tend to go in for gardening!
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Gardening and fishing.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited July 2020
    Food related (baking, cooking)
    I can NOT cook to save my life, so the fact that my Sims can is fun. Cooking and baking, sometimes mixology. I also enjoy writing and painting with my Sims, but that usually becomes a life's work. I'm just starting to get my Sim's into crafts, too. I actually do yoga, so that's an easy thing too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    All depends on the Sim I'm playing at the time. I try to give all my Sims their own hobbies and interests from childhood.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It depends on the sim I'm playing. I use the Slice of Life mod and other mods to determine their likes dislikes hobbies etc. For example, my current sim though a geek and bookworm and you might think she would just want to programme and play video games all day or read everything she can find including tomes for custom spells. She loves to garden and sports even though she lacks the athletic bro and loves the outdoors traits. She goes to the gym with Simeon all the time and has him as a workout buddy. His hobbies include sports too while Morgyn loves to cook as his hobby.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Almost every Sim I play has a garden bc I'm the biggest plant nerd in real life :D
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    It's usually creative stuff, Music related, painting or writing. I like culinary, mixology and wellness activities too. I often make the hobby items available and let my sims gravitate towards their favorites if it isn't part of their career path.
  • Options
    thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    Food related (baking, cooking)
    I always have my sims get there cooking level at least a little high, because more food options lol. Gardening, idk why but I just love it. Sometimes painting or singing depending on the sim. Those are the main ones, but I like to try a little of everything!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Other creative arts (painting, photography, writting)
    I have a hard time not giving my main ones the stuff I like.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Drinking.
    More drinking. Usually water, unless I build up their mixology skills. Then it's the "fancy" drinks. :D
    My sims are all a bunch of drinkaholics. :D:D:D

Seriously though, the majority are in these three categories for their favorite, but not limited to:

Food related
    Music related
    Other creative arts (like painting)

Did I mention my sims like drinking?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Witchcraft! B)
    No, not really, I'd say over all it's pretty balanced cause I tend to make my sims different in what they like depending on their personality, so I got a bit of everything.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    My current sim has gotten into robotics and rocket building! He is currently halfway through university and on track to get a degree in physics and will become a scientist when he graduates. That or an engineer, I haven't quite decided yet. Normally, I go for lots of crafting and collectibles and such but I'm doing something different this time.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Computer related (media production, video gaming, programing)
    Trolling teh forums. :D
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I went from no Sims gardening for many years to absolutely wanting most of my Sims to garden even if it's just a couple rose bushes lol.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    A combination of Painting, Gardening, Dancing, Piano Organ, Guitar & Mixology.
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    The 2 hobbies that are consistent across all of sims and saves are collectable hunting and gardening. Beyond that, I let my sims pursue what their heart desires.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,611 Member
    Lately, my artist isn't spending most of her time painting. My Archaeologist isn't spending much time validating the artifacts sent to her, instead, she's only too happy to obsessively build things on the woodworking bench. My one Sim teen who has aspirations of becoming a physician is spending time on his father's treadmill, vying with his oldest brother for said time. My singer Sim is busy pursuing fame — he's about the only one following his dreams at the moment. But then again, I mostly control him, too. The youngest, still a Child, spends a lot of time out in the back yard playing on the pirate ship. Time was when my physician in the making would spend more time observing the stars and/or playing chess. I have them on autonomous and I'm using the Slice of Life mod, which will create personality types and I do believe that may be the cause, in general. LOL But, it's all good. I'm having fun and that's what matters.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Drinking... :D:D:D

4AovCN5.png

My main character, Terry Calhouni, I told him to go build a wormhole generator on his rocket-ship. Tamery, his daughter (In blue) was supposed to help work on the other rocket-ship. She invited her cousin over to hang out instead, (in green, who now lives alone in Oasis Springs). All this happened while Terry's mom, Tamery's grandma, Teresa Calhouni was supposed to be doing some paintings...

Oh well, family's gotta have fun together at times, I guess. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png