Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino + first pet vs knitting

Seeing that stuff packs are on 50% discount right now I am wondering if I should get two old packs or one new pack that is knitting. It looks like knitting has a lot of gameplay. I am not so much into non gameplay stuff so gameplay is what accounts here. Any thought on this ?? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The sale ends a day before the knitting pack drops, (I think) but that should give you time to watch the live stream and learn more about it.

Personally, I'd get the 2 older packs. It will likely be a long time before the Nifty Knitting goes on sale and sales on stuff packs are rare. You should get the 2 for 1 while you can instead of paying full price for everything later or missing out. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Moschino has a lot of gameplay if you like to take photos. My First Pet stuff does not have very much in terms of gameplay.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm getting Moschino and possibly another pack. Knitting will have to wait.
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    I love Moschino for what it adds to photography, plus BB items are cool. I definitely recommend it but I'm not sure about MFP stuff pack, if you often play with pets you might get it as well. And may wait for the next sale for the knitting pack.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Moschino is really good tbh.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I’d get the 2 stuff packs. You we have to wait every long time to see another 50% off stuff pack sale.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I reckon to grab the current packs that's are on sale because, we'll never knew when will we be getting another 50% off especially on the stuff pack.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

The Moschino Pack has fun gameplay but my sims cannot take sharp pictures like everyone else no matter of what camera they use, skills or anything. For me that drags down the value of the pack when I cannot take good and clear pics of my little families.

Check if your sims can take good pics with the photo-skill. If they can then the pack is great.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    In term of game play then would you say tiny living has more than my first pet ?

The only stuff packs I don’t have are
    Kitchen stuff
    Spooky Stuff
    Tiny living
    My first pet
    Maschino
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    Depends on which you think you will have more fun with. I LOVE moschino and I sort have been able to make it into a modeling career by selling the photos for fame. I use pose player for more pose variety. And cc studio backdrops for way more options.
    I have a big studio set up and I really enjoy it because I like pictures. The career seems fun but haven't gotten into it since I'm not a career person.
    My first pet doesn't offer much gameplay but I like the hamster.
    Not into knitting but it does look like a good stuff pack with gameplay 😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'd pick up Moschino and Spooky Stuff (if it interests you at all). Pumpkin carving is nice and personally I enjoy throwing a spooky party with costumes every now and then. I don't own Moschino, MFP or Tiny Living.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Ugh this is a really hard choice.
    Moschino & My First Pet both offer game play and both a great packs.

Knitting sounds amazing and I think it'll offer the most game play but it won't be on sale for a long time and unfortunately won't be released until after the sale ends to really see what's in it.

Moschino's game play allows you to take family photos of sims and My First Pet allows you to take care of a little animal and comes with a new death (I;ve never played it as I give my sims medicine quickly) and new homework type and more collectible post cards

Honestly both packs are amoung my favourites

Of the other ones you mentioned:
    Spooky stuff comes with pumpkin carving as the game play, and a spooky party event type. I mainly use that one for cas though as I have a fairytale save and use the princess costumes etc for the royal family haha

Kitchen stuff the only game play item is the ice cream machine I think... which IS fun, you get to pick the toppings and etc and there are certain ice creams that make your sims gain/lose weight easily once you are a certain cooking level, but honestly, it's just a new type of food to prepare rather than a whole new type of game play

Tiny Living I haven't had much chance to play with yet, but I bought it for the build mode challenge of trying to create a functional house a certain size, rather than for the stuff, I'm not even sure why cuz I never play build mode but I did like that combo console too. the murphey bed apparently has a new death with it, but I haven't played that as I don't let my sims die haha

• Options
    Thanks. I am not a huge fan of spooky hence I stilL haven’t got it after so many years! Same for kitchen stuff , no a big fan of more food :)

Look like I am definitely set for maschino perhaps I will just get one pack then:) tiny living does have some hair styles I like but gameplay seems rather minimal.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Thanks. I am not a huge fan of spooky hence I stilL haven’t got it after so many years! Same for kitchen stuff , no a big fan of more food :)

Look like I am definitely set for maschino perhaps I will just get one pack then:) tiny living does have some hair styles I like but gameplay seems rather minimal.

I'm not either, I dont' enjoy spooky themes, don't celebrate Halloween in my family etc, but I do like Fantasy so the clothing worked great for my princess/king/pirate save hahaha! I never actually use the pumpkin carving or spooky parties myself but they are there as the game play haha!

Moschino is a great choice.. I believe it comes with a freelance career too but I haven't played it yet so I couldn't tell you much about that one. I just like being able to take photos of my sims better haha.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I would strongly suggest to wait until after the livestream. There have been hints about other little unknown features in the new Nifty Knitting pack and it has specifically been created to have a lot of cross-pack play. They are adding the knitting activity to clubs, the Plopsy store is going to be able to sell all kinds of crafts as well as offer ways to buy the locked items without knitting them, Sims can gift knitted items to each other, and there are going to be reactions to botched projects. Plus, rocking chairs that kids and toddlers can play on and Elders can reminisce. Also, if you care about babies, there are going to be new outfits for them for the very first time. AND...the devs added even more CAS/build/buy in addition to what people voted for. I have a feeling this is going to feel like a "double stuff" pack, lol.

When the Laundry Day pack came out it was really full, and to be honest, this looks like it might be bigger.

As for the other two, I just picked up Moschino during the last sale and the CAS is extremely scant and half of it is ugly or brash. The build/buy is okay, there are a few pieces I liked. So the main budget went into the photography, which I haven't really played with. But I wouldn't exactly call it "gameplay", as it's more about taking in-game pictures, as far as I can tell. But as I understand, you can at least get Toddlers and Kids into photos with it, if that means anything to you. But very little actual "gameplay".

And My First Pet...well, if you have Cats and Dogs, you'll get the full use out of it, and if you don't, you'll get about a little more than half. The gameplay in that is all about the rodents, which is cute and funny and does offer another activity for most ages and some quirkiness. I do like them. But the coolest feature of this pack (in my opinion) that is never talked about, is the Rabid Rodent Fever that can afflict Sims and actually kill them. And it's contagious. (Can also be cured.) So if you want some realistic virus gameplay, it's in this pack. The bulk of the CAS and build/buy is for cats and dogs, of course, with some extras thrown in. The fish tank coffee table is cool, but you can't interact with it, so you can't choose the fish or anything, which is lame.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I actually like the Maschino pack. Been putting a lot of family related pictures and such in my sims home.

I grab MFPS when it was like $5. Other than the hamster and having your sims spread around a disease if they get infected as well as pet rodent doing a few random things with children able to do their homework on them not too much else with that pack. CAS is pretty weak for human sims as well as pets less you like to dress your dog up like a banana. :tongue:

Kitchen stuff pretty weak other than the ice cream maker and a LOT of CAS related items. Like a lot. Different counters and kitchen related stuff? 'MEH'.

Found Spooky stuff pretty good and more so when you got Seasons as well to work with it.

Haven't played too much with Tiny living lot feature yet should get around to doign that just been using the murphy beds and all in one entertainment system which is neat with a tv, stereo and bookcase all in one. Pretty ideal for small places and apartments for sure.

The knitting pack looks good and what I saw in the forums from cats playing with the yarn and older sims being able to teach younger sims now to knit passing on their technique is a nice gameplay mechanic. Plus I've been wanitng a rocking chair for a good while in a lot of homes for older sims to just putting one in a nursery.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Now you made me want to get my first pet for the contagious virus !!!
  • Options
    Can this disease be passed on to NPC or is it just playable sims in the family ??
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Moschino aint half bad, lesser for the CAS as for the BB Items, but if i were you i'd save up for the knitting SP
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Moschino has my vote, though the in-game poses are too silly for my liking. Thankfully I have a bunch of lookbook poses to use instead. MFP stuff I have just to have, I dont do anything with it.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Moschino is a good pack and has some great contemporary bb items and I use one of the wallpapers a lot. Personally I don’t get the hate for MFP stuff as it has some nice bb items especially for kids bedrooms and I love the kids and toddler onesies that come with it. Yes it should have come with cats and dogs as a lot of simmers say but it is still a nice little pack. Is it the best stuff pack? no i don’t think it is but I also do think there are worse stuff packs (luxury party) but it has its strong points and I feel it gets too much hate. I would say get both packs unless you really want the knitting pack.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

I like the combo TV/stereo/bookcase in Tiny Living; saves having to buy/place three different objects. I haven't tried to build a tiny home yet; I might have my Sim do that when he graduates from UBrite.

Spooky has some nice wall coverings; I don't throw parties much (if at all) so can't speak to the Spooky Party, but I like the cookies and the cheese snacks that my Sims can fix for the kids to munch on after school.

If you have Cats & Dogs, MFP has some items that complete that pack, along with some standalone items (I like the roundish coffee table with the fake aquarium). Some additional kids PJs that are cute (and matching pet PJs if you're into that sort of thing). If you have Parenthood, taking care of the small animals builds Responsibility (would have been cool if kids/teens lost Responsibility when the parents have to take care of it). It's not as dreadful as a lot of players say, especially if you're getting it 50% off. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Moschino is sooo underrated.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    Moschino is only good if you want to be more involved with photos. My first pet is eh. I don’t use it as often & only reason I got it was for the aquarium table & hamster lol. But I say you’re better off getting them both right now since sales don’t come as often
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Are you mostly a family player? Knitting sounds good for that, and MFP does have such an element but the gameplay in it sounds way less exciting to me that i dont plan on buying it.