Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic Still Glitching?

I bought RoM quite a while ago, and I admit...I’ve never made a spell caster due to fear of what people have said about the glitches. It’s been a while since it’s release so I’m wondering if it still has those glitches. Sims turning into Spellcasters upon entering the magic realm, spellcasters constantly setting things on fire, cloning, alongside other stuff that causes a ton of lag and so on. I have 4 sims that I want to make a spell caster but I just don’t want to risk it if it still has glitches.
ZjzmtTb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've never seen any of those glitches. The only glitch I've ever had is the potion of immortality will let a sim die of old age as soon as you rotate to a different household with aging on. I've also never seen a sim use magic outside of the realm on their own (unless I create a club for them and make it an activity for them).

What I do see is spellcasters in the magic realm in ridiculous situational outfits. That's a CL problem though and not a ROM problem.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There was a really bad glitch/bug that affected spellcasters in CAS, EA fixed that one. As far as other sims going to Realm of Magic and turning into a spellcaster what I do in this situation is I have added several spellcasters to my game, some I made and others I found in the gallery. This seems to stop the game from turning the other human sims into spellcasters.

There is a mod that keeps the game from turning sims into Spellcasters, but at the moment I can't seem to find it. I think the creator has temporarily removed it.

As far as any other glitches or issues, I haven't seen any.

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Alright thank you so much! I can’t use mods due to being Xbox else I would have looked for mods to help. I think I’ll create a new save and test it there although I was really wanting my first trip to the magic realm to be with a certain Sim, but better safe then sorry!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited July 2020
    I haven't experienced any of those glitches. I did create two households of extra spellcasters so the game would not turn additional sims into spellcasters and I use a mod to stop the situational outfits in the magic realm. But I definitely think it is playable.
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Alright thank you so much! I can’t use mods due to being Xbox else I would have looked for mods to help. I think I’ll create a new save and test it there although I was really wanting my first trip to the magic realm to be with a certain Sim, but better safe then sorry!

How about using the save as option. You can use the sim you want in the new save and still have the old one to go back to if things go wrong.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I made a Harry Potter household and of course they're all spell casters, it works fine. Right now the only thing that I found annoying was the Sages changing. Like, I spoke to L.Faba and five minutes later it was a random sim that was a Sage instead of her.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've played with spellcasters tons and haven't noticed any of these bugs. As others have said, sims get ugly situational outfits in the realm but that's about it.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I made a Harry Potter household and of course they're all spell casters, it works fine. Right now the only thing that I found annoying was the Sages changing. Like, I spoke to L.Faba and five minutes later it was a random sim that was a Sage instead of her.

She must have had to go to work. :/ Sages get jobs and will leave the realm to go do them. She'll come back after her shift is over though but yeah... in the meantime you get another random spawned sage. It would be nice if they could tag them somehow to leave them unemployed, I feel like a sage is a job!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I turned them into spellcasters yesterday and everything, so far, seems fine. Thank you all for the help!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg