Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How playable is the game rn?

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    One bug is that if you place an EL community lot from the Gallery in another world, when you exit the lot it says that the lot is incomplete even if all the requirements are met. I was able to place a Maker Space in Newcrest, but when I tried to put a Community Garden in Willow Creek my game crashed (fortunately it was just my template save and I was adding stuff before playing).

Also I disabled NAPs and the Eco Footprint but I'm still seeing things passed in one save (my test save); so far in my current actual gameplay I haven't seen anything but I'm still in the middle of the first week.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2020
    So far, my Sims will not stay on task with full autonomy on, and now when moving a Sim to University housing, they exist, and don't exist at the same time. My game sort of crashed when moving my Sim, and he didn't show up either in University housing or his own home. But, another Sim I played before simply just starting a new save received a text from him. And then there's the bug I had with Servos being treated as a human with their needs. It's also been mentioned here they can get pregnant now.

I knew of the dumpster fire NAPs were at the time I bought Eco Living; which was why I disabled them. It is not worth full MSRP in the least.

Seems one step forward, two steps back. The only major bug I had before the patch was the well-known Get Famous bug where a Sim wouldn't go to gigs. Didn't bother me, as I never even used that feature very often. Now, I've got four that are driving me nuts!
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My main issues, besides abuse of the NAPs, is that one of my old saves has TREMENDOUS lag. The game will simply stop and the clock will go haywire for a bit trying to figure out where it is, until the simulation resumes. However, this is a save with a LOT of sims in it, and it's a save that's got a lot of mod intrusion -- based on mods that modify relationships, with new interactions, etc, so that's that's less an EL thing.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    My game is okay right now: no lag or significant bugs even with old saves and a ton of mods/cc installed. I disabled NAPS from the beginning, though, and haven't done too much with EL so we'll see.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I don't have eco living, I do have some bugs.

Movies never end, Sims sit and keep watching while it plays over again.

My harvestables suddenly turn into seeds, grow then turn into seeds again. I finally just deleted them all, so much for building gardening skill.

I had flaming toilet, got a mod to fix that.

None of them stopped me from playing, but still kind of hate that pack and wouldn't have it if someone gave it to me.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    I don't have eco living, I do have some bugs.

Movies never end, Sims sit and keep watching while it plays over again.

My harvestables suddenly turn into seeds, grow then turn into seeds again. I finally just deleted them all, so much for building gardening skill.

I had flaming toilet, got a mod to fix that.

None of them stopped me from playing, but still kind of hate that pack and wouldn't have it if someone gave it to me.

I've seen the issue with Sims watching the same movie over and over. Haven't done gardening in my current save yet nor have I bought the exploding toilet.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Mine is very playable. Sometimes I don't like the built in game design so I find a way around it or turn it off if possible or play in another way, but I don't call it a bug if it's working as intended but I don't like it. Some bugs and glitches I see currently aren't crippling to my game play because I treat them the same. I think it helps that I can play in multiple ways though as a work around so I don't spend a lot of time upset. I don't have any of the bugs that would possibly shut my gameplay down that others are reporting right now.
    I'm not currently using mods at all though and for me the ones that really mess up my saves happen when I'm using mods for fun.. especially multiple mods.
    I do notice overpopulation beyond the suggested amount makes my saves start to lag and slow so .. I'm pretty careful with culling the population myself and limiting playable households per save.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have the bug where plants revert to earlier life states.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Vanilla player. Game seems fine to me. I don't know about buying right when they come out. Haven't had problems, but they say the newest one has some bugs. I would get it if it's what you want to do 😊
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Also is anyone else having the bug where you get locked out of other peoples houses if you edit the lot via bb.enablefreebuild? It's been happening every time in my game. The house goes to the same state as it is before you've knocked on the door, but there's no option to knock so you can't get back in
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have the bug where plants revert to earlier life states.

I started a new save and then I got rid of that bug.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm finding it to be quite playable. While it doesn't seem to be a popular opinion, I'm having a lot of fun with Eco Lifestyle and the only bug I've personally run into I found pretty funny... My sim caught fire while peeing... I know it was a bug but how perfect is my sim peeing fire to commemorate firefighters?! >:)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member
    I’m surprised hardly anybody’s talking about Error 134. Maybe everyone who caught it flocked over to the official bug forums and their 100+ pg thread lol.
    It’s srsly like the reverse of TS3 Error Code 12, so instead of not being able to save, here you can’t even load.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s still playable but I shift click cheat all the naps to the ones I want for that neighbourhood. The only households which I can’t play are the ones with pets as they keep disappearing but as I play on rotation it’s not a huge issue for me at the moment
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    I will occasionally have an animal sim who can't move from a certain spot. I just exit and rejoin the save. No big deal. The toilet bug is fine, just obnoxious. I don't use mods, and have very minimal CC and packs. It's a bit buggy but TS4 has always been that way so I'm kinda used to it. Really just depends on personal preference.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Fairly good. Only a few nitpicks. Still problems with sims picking toddlers up and putting them back down repeatedly. Poor thing nearly starved just trying to get her in the chair. A few minor build mode bugs, but worked around them. Other than that, great!
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The problems with the highchair may be due to the way you use it. Never put the toddler in the highchair first. Always klick the highchair first and choose the option to feed a toddler, choose the meal you want to feed him and the adult will prepare/get the meal. Then he will fetch the toddler and put him in the highchair. As the meal is already there the toddler will eat and when he has finished he'll call the adult to take him out of the highchair.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Gagea wrote: »
    The problems with the highchair may be due to the way you use it. Never put the toddler in the highchair first. Always klick the highchair first and choose the option to feed a toddler, choose the meal you want to feed him and the adult will prepare/get the meal. Then he will fetch the toddler and put him in the highchair. As the meal is already there the toddler will eat and when he has finished he'll call the adult to take him out of the highchair.

Definitely the best way to use it! Make sure if you have any other Sims who can help toddlers make sure they are preoccupied otherwise they will inevitably wait for the toddler to be in the high chair then they will pick them up put them down to check them and then do other toddler based things.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

Okay, but what about when there are several actions in the queue?
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You can kill the garden bug by starting a new save but two herbs are still bugged. Every morning at 5 am and sometimes at 5 pm they pop back up and your Sim can harvest them. I am not using any planters either. My garden is fine planted in the ground with a roof over it. They need to fix the planters and some seed packets. I planted from world plants or straight from the debug menu. I did not use seed packets.
  • Options
    plumbob_jessplumbob_jess Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah I'm also surprised to not see any mentions of error 134 here? It locks you out of your save file, can't load any families etc. Some people have got around it by starting new saves, but obviously very frustrating for anyone who has been playing different generations/a longer story, and most times the error creeps back up again eventually. I haven't been able to play for over two weeks now, so for me it's completely unplayable.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I have annoying bugs also, and some are becoming more annoying the more I see it. Nothing that is game breaking.

Some oldies but goodies are making a comeback, washing hands and drinking water, doh. I do have mods but not sure if it's them or EA. I do have to say, this is the buggiest pack for me so far, and that's saying something after almost 6 years.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited July 2020
    I never experienced as many issues with the S3 (or S2) version of the game as I do now with 4 after buying/downloading the new eco living pack. I simply despair at this point as I feel like a fool for even bothering to purchase the pack at full price. Well I will never do that again.

Oh and before anyone may believe I dont have the PC specs for the game I have a gaming desktop that was built to play sims games specifically..
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I never experienced as many issues with the S3 (or S2) version of the game as I do now with 4 after buying/downloading the new eco living pack. I simply despair at this point as I feel like a fool for even bothering to purchase the pack at full price. Well I will never do that again.

Oh and before anyone may believe I dont have the PC specs for the game I have a gaming desktop that was built to play sims games specifically..

Don't worry about your specs, Sims 4 has it's own problems and seeing how Sims 4 is coded even if it is light on the features it is AI heavy and like Sims 2 and Sims 3 before, as Sims 4 packs are added more computer resources are needed and Imho lower end may run into problems as time goes by. Also EA/Maxis does not tweak the system regularly as it has more than 14 packs intertwined with each other.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Since the eco-living patch my sims regularly get a negative moodlet for "having bad reception on an off-the-grid lot" after making a phone call while none of these lots where this happens on actually have the off-the-grid trait.