Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips on creating a narrative around your legacy?

What's the best way?

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Personally, I've found that a good starting point with legacies is to developing your sim's/heir's personality based on their traits - what would be important to them? How would they react in certain situations? What types of people might they gravitate towards, or on the opposite side of the spectrum, what kind of people would they dislike? Are they the type of sim that might make enemies? What would they find a challenge in life? What would be easy for them?

When you consider all that, with the situations the game throws at you the story almost writes itself. And it can also help you determine what kind of scenarios you might want to inject yourself.

Making every generation different, focusing on different goals and different types of relationships is also helpful. I got bored of the traditional look for a spouse, have a child, get them to grow up, rinse and repeat thing very quickly, so I've found it fun to experiment with different/non-traditional family dynamics to keep things from getting too repetitive.

But that's just my experience, there are people that are far better at this than me! I just thought I'd throw in my two cents since I did finish a legacy once :D
  • Options
    fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    I agree with using the traits as inspiration for the heir’s choices and drives. In addition I usually play with the rolls from the Random Legacy Challenge. It pushes you into creating different plots for each generation. I think the hardest is to stick to the lore that comes up in a generation and referring back to it also in later generations, but the legacy stories that manage that is more interesting to read I think.

For only my own gameplay I base my story around traits and rolls from the Random Legacy.