Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living: Angry Neighbors?

There might already be a discussion on this, but I couldn't find it. My sims live in an apartment, and their neighbors always come and tell them to keep it down, even if they're not doing anything. Then they get mad and hate my sims. :lol: Does this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    did when i played there. i quit playing there, every time i do i go to a club come back and my sims for some reason no longer lives there, so i said to myself im not playing there anymore
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I only had that happen once and I think it might have been because my Sims were up really early in the morning doing stuff. Only thing I could think of at the time.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    It’s annoying, my sims can literally be taking a bath, and knock knock here comes his annoying bitter neighbor! Blah blah you’re a terrible neighbor!
    Ummm you’re bothering me....
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I've seen people complain about this. Haven't played in a city since the recent patches, but I'm thinking there might be a bug... Neighbours should only comlplain about specific stuff like instruments and workout machine, not out of nothing!
  • Options
    daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    I feel like they’re always doing the most. They will be woohooing or causing some commotion, but my sim plays an instrument autonomously for one second and when I cancel the action they come marching to my sims’ door.

One time, the angry neighbor barged in and proceeded to use the toilet and eat something from the fridge. How dare they?
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    There might already be a discussion on this, but I couldn't find it. My sims live in an apartment, and their neighbors always come and tell them to keep it down, even if they're not doing anything. Then they get mad and hate my sims. :lol: Does this happen to anyone else?

Sure. Click at the neighbor again for more social interactions. Sometimes, the neighbors just want to socialize.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    That’s why I befriend my neighbor or move into a complex without neighbors. If you befriend your neighbor it’s less likely they come over I noticed with illegitimate complaints.
  • Options
    Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    That’s why I befriend my neighbor or move into a complex without neighbors. If you befriend your neighbor it’s less likely they come over I noticed with illegitimate complaints.

Hm. What was annoying for me was that my sim's good friend lived in the apartment across the hall, and when my sim was up early doing something random like showering or eating, her friend would come over all the time and complain about the noise. Each time the friend complained they lost a lot of friendship :/
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I haven’t played in an apartment since the most recent patch but maybe try the No Tresspassing options on the door for no neighbours?
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hm. What was annoying for me was that my sim's good friend lived in the apartment across the hall, and when my sim was up early doing something random like showering or eating, her friend would come over all the time and complain about the noise. Each time the friend complained they lost a lot of friendship :/

That was my experience too. One time this happened where the neighbor turned from friendly to impossible I was playing a vampire. Guess who got snacked on? And turned. Deliberately. >:)
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I evict my city living neighbors
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Usually when the neighbors make noise I knock on the door, wait till the come out and leave before the register I'm there. No yelling and no lost friend ship. When they pound on my door I just ignore them.