Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like future stuff packs based solely around a skill?

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
The Nifty Knitting stuff pack coming up sounds very in depth and I love that it's based solely around one 10 level skill! Would you like all stuff packs to be like this in the future? For example, I could see a stuff pack called Slick Sculpting or something like that! What skill-based stuff packs would you like to see? Explain that in the comments!

***EDIT TO ADD: In my mind it wouldn't be JUST the 10 level skill you were getting but all CAS/BUILD/BUY would also fit with the theme of the skill just like they are doing with the knitting pack! :)
Post edited by alan650111 on

Would you like future stuff packs based solely around a skill? 70 votes

Yes! Stuff packs based around a 10 level skill would be amazing!
37%
crocobauraalan650111AlrynnmcruddCorkysPetalsSnuffyBucketMariefoxprice83SuRihtanilMindofythecatsredPixyBabykittyjadeSilentKittycomicsforlifefilipomelTodilooGordySimAlexandriapopstarsleyLquinn 26 votes
No! I'd rather a mixture of ideas!
62%
Akl500PColorist40PlayerSinger2010Isb917irishdragon7freindlylolfriendlysimmersfruitsbasket101goodcakebaker62akaniki0AquariusMomspice3teamjenGirkltexxx78NationalPokedexMinxHermitgirlgarapoesMDianaSims 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    No, I would just prefer that they add more activities in the base game, so they don't have to keep putting out a bunch of packs that introduce one skill at a time. If they do put skills in packs, I want it to be in really extensive EPs. I want Stuff Packs to go away entirely.
  • Options
    No, I would just prefer that they add more activities in the base game, so they don't have to keep putting out a bunch of packs that introduce one skill at a time. If they do put skills in packs, I want it to be in really extensive EPs. I want Stuff Packs to go away entirely.

They have never added a 10 level skill in a base game patch. With the 10 dollar Nifty Knitting stuff pack we are getting a 10 level skill, rocking chair, aspiration, heavy metal music, new dance for that music, CAS assets, and varying objects that the community voted on. Look at a lame stuff pack such as Bowling Night or Vintage Glamour to do a comparison on how much better this is than past ones! I just really could see the value in basing future stuff packs like this!
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »

They have never added a 10 level skill in a base game patch. With the 10 dollar Nifty Knitting stuff pack we are getting a 10 level skill, rocking chair, aspiration, heavy metal music, new dance for that music, CAS assets, and varying objects that the community voted on. Look at a lame stuff pack such as Bowling Night or Vintage Glamour to do a comparison on how much better this is than past ones! I just really could see the value in basing future stuff packs like this!

I don't mean add it in a patch, I just mean either give me a lot of skills in the base game at launch or add those skills in extensive EPs. I agree that Nifty Knitting seems more built out, but I'm just not a fan of the number of packs there are for the game. I guess I got confused by what you wrote in the post and then how you phrased the answer to the second option in the poll.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,412 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would like more stuff packs based around a 10 level skill as long as they are fleshed out and integrated with other packs. It would also be nice if they expanded on other skills, like dancing and gave us more styles like slow dancing, tango, rock'n'roll, hula dancing, rain dance, ballet, etc.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It would get old pretty quick, we need variety.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    New skills can just as easily be part of larger packs or be BG. I dont want to pay $10 for just one new skill.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm loving all the stuff that's coming with Nifty Knitting (well, almost all...) Plopsy, rocking chairs, knitting skill, baby onsies, Metal radio station.

But I'd like future Stuff packs to cover a variety of ideas. I'd love it if they could all be as in depth as Nifty Knitting, and maybe that kind of depth is only practical with a skill based pack, but I'd rather have a wide variety of themes.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like more packs like this but not all of them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,980 Member
    I'd love more but i dont think all of the stuff packs should center around skill though and some of the skills just need more than stuff pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It depends on the skill. I'd love a pack based on the singing skill, for example, but I wouldn't want a pack based on the mischief skill.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I’m still dreaming for a teen stuff pack, prom, parties, acne, graduation, more teen gameplay idk
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes! This is going to be one of the best stuff packs ever! I'd love to see more like it!

Sewing or Quilting would be my top picks

Maybe some sports ones.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,444 Member
    Depends on the entire package. Just a skill for the sake of having more skills, no. But when it comes with enough content, like nifty knitting, sure why not.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm loving all the stuff that's coming with Nifty Knitting (well, almost all...) Plopsy, rocking chairs, knitting skill, baby onsies, Metal radio station.

But I do not want every stuff pack to be about adding skills. There are so many things to explore besides that.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'd love that if they would implement it like they did with Nifty Knitting where there's a lot of detail.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Knitting seems to be turning out well, but in general I'm not very skill focused player. I think very few skill based packs would be satisfying for me. Knitting has creative aspect with making clothes and stuff which is what I like.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I'd love something like this. Sculpting/ceramics, canning/preserving, car repair(!), sewing, snowboarding, dance, parkour. Is "team sports" a skill?

My sims like activities and I usually don't bother with stuff packs because I'm my sims are not all that interested in the objects and clothing from them. But give them a dressage skill and they'd be ecstatic.

But then, I'd pay §10 for a new world like the Sims3 days.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,134 Member
    I prefer a mix of new CAS, Build Modes, Objects, Skills & Traits.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I prefer a mix of new CAS, Build Modes, Objects, Skills & Traits.

I never meant that CAS, build objects, and so forth wouldn't come with them. I just meant the skill would be the centerpiece of the theme. For example my sculpting pack could have lots of art studio objects and decorations!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I say yes because moschino was similar to this and that was an amazing pack!!! I still have a lot of fun with that
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Most but not all. I like skilling my sims and finding what they can unlock through higher skills, but I'm hesitant to say yes because that could cut out other ideas.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    This is a very good idea! There’s so many existing skills I’d love for the TS4 team to flesh out and an SP might just be the place for it.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I voted yes, but I do have some reservations. Nifty Nitting sounds good, let's see if they come up up others
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Absolutely not. I don't want to pay $10 just for a skill. Just like I didn't want to pay $10 for a chore.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Absolutely not. I don't want to pay $10 just for a skill. Just like I didn't want to pay $10 for a chore.

So you're not getting the knitting pack? I think it looks quite awesome haha. With my idea you wouldn't just get the skill. I just meant the central theme would be the 10 level skill and all BUILD/BUY/CAS items would fit in with that skill too.
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I love skill based gameplay mechanics in the sims. I like being challenged in various ways, I just finished with a university degree with honors A+ in just 3 terms but I also understand we have to have variety not everyone likes it. I like rags to riches and all about that grind for rewards. lol