Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hear Our Cry!!! Please :)

Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
So as many of you come into this post... and before you point the finger and say no, no no....I would like to point out a few things..

Yes I realize:
-this could be in another category
-These are things already brought up
-There was already a post about this (probably)
-EA has a million things that there probably already working on, and that doesn't mean they aren't trying/listening
And Lastly ---They might already know we want these things.

But I wanted to voice some Ideas, I put this in general because although they might be ideas/suggestions what have you, I still felt it was very general. I also wanted to voice my feelings as a Sims player and EA Consumer (if that's another term I could classify myself as).

As a consumer and fellow life long Simmer since the beginning of the game (I was only 9, btw) I have become very passionate about this game. How often I play has changed but my passion is still there. Yes we all play differently, however I would like to think the majority of us share some wants. Just sometimes I feel like either EA has to many things on there plate to make this Game new and exciting. That's not to say that they don't listen completely but sometimes I feel like were ignored, like I said sometimes. Our cry for toddlers, pools, hot tubs, seasons, university, ladders, pets (haha laughs hysterically, they need work cough cough**) but regardless of all the things you have done there are somethings that are lacking in Game-play that to bring a Game Changer.

For example:
The Memory system, Turn On and Turn Offs (now I realize not everyone liked that or will want that but it did make a difference in gameplay), the Fact that you robbed us out of more trait slots (sorry 3 doesn't cut it). I am not even going to go into Cars because that doesn't even need brought up (Glares Angrily).

And of course some missing build/buy items, like spiral stair cases.

That being said there are also some new features and gameplay we could always add. For Example I Had the most brilliant Idea. For the most part Sims is based off of real life. I always liked the comment from a Guru from years ago stating that basically real life bites and for the most part Sims is a getaway from real life. But I liked the idea of adding FLAWS. As humans we are not perfect. When I say lets give our sims flaws I don't mean give us traits that are human flaws but we could make the traits you have already given us a flaw. For example: The NEAT trait. On the positive side they like things clean and take care of things as a FLAW some people go above and beyond like wiping the vacuum down with a little vacuum, kinda like Monica (Friends reference).

Now if any of you have some old gameplay ideas or new gameplay that will impact our game in a BIG WAY feel free to add you input.

AND EA PLEASE I BEG OF YOU, JUST LISTEN TO US!!! IT ISN'T THAT HARD :) Please and thank you

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean I wouldn't have a problem with just 3 traits if they actually did anything in my gameplay!
    I constantly forget what traits my sims have 'cause they do absolutely nothing!

Zodiac signs, Chemistry, and interests were so well executed in the Sims 2. Sometimes 2 sims would be so incompatible, you couldn't make them friends even if you wanted to. And sometimes 2 sims had so much chemistry, they basically flirt on their own.

Now in the Sims 4 vegetarian sims automatically go cook and eat meat *facepalm* 🐸🐸🐸🐸? They don't even know their own traits it seems.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    A lot of these have been issues people have had with TS4 since it's beginning, but at this point if they haven't added these to what they currently have for TS5, I really doubt we'll see these features in the franchise ever again.

I really appreciate how the development team is at least aware of the issues people have with the game, but I imagine there are a lot of behind-the-scene reasons for the lack of implementation of these features in the current game. Here's to hoping EA has at least let the Sims Studio have some more freedom and production time for TS5 than what this last game got.
  • Options
    I really appreciate how the development team is at least aware of the issues people have with the game, but I imagine there are a lot of behind-the-scene reasons for the lack of implementation of these features in the current game. Here's to hoping EA has at least let the Sims Studio have some more freedom and production time for TS5 than what this last game got.

True. The Sims 4 was going to be an online game and they spend a lot of time developing it before they changed it because SimCity was an online disaster.
    The core of the game stayed the same unfortunately and many features had to go.
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Memory system was the most spammy feature, "I remembered that I met this stranger!", "I remembered that I leveled up this skill!". It's better now, you just take your own screenshots and assign moods to them in the screenshot manager.

There are technically an unlimited number of trait "slots", by young adult sims would already have 12 traits (3 chosen, 1 aspiration, 1 toddler, 4 child, 3 character value), plus reward traits, and there's even an achievement for a sim to have 12 traits. So the number is not the problem, but how varied they make the sims, and how much each trait does. Having more traits and more slots didn't make much of a difference in Sims 3, since there were many overlaps of traits that did the same things, and traits there were overly specific ("likes to swim" shouldn't take an entire slot).

The older Sims 1/2 system of trait intensity is better in giving nuance. 2 sims can be outgoing, but one can be more outgoing than the other.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @sennawales maybe spammy in TS3? Not in TS2. You dont get any notifs for it. But if your sim is very popular annoying to go through pages of ppl you met. I dont prefer the screenshot system. Id rather have the storybook back where I can make my own stories.

I think traits should be more meaningful and less of the very specific ones. Like a diet shouldnt be a trait (i.e vegetarian). I feel like if he had personality tiles plus like 'quirks' or other idiosyncrasies we can put vegetarian, never nude etc things that don't affect someones personality, just their lifestyle
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    A way to turn specific mods on and off in game rather than needing to remove them from the mod folder entirely?
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    This is what mods are for. It is why they made the modding tools far more accessible than previous versions.

As for cars, the world is not built open enough to support them as people want them. Time to accept we will most likely never get them.
  • Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    This is what mods are for. It is why they made the modding tools far more accessible than previous versions.

As for cars, the world is not built open enough to support them as people want them. Time to accept we will most likely never get them.

Exactly this ^^
    If we get cars, everyone would love to be able to access them wherever they want, but there are many lots that simply don't have roads connecting to them, but rather trails that lead off to nowhere. The game and worlds weren't made for cars, and it's not a simple change to be made this far into the game's lifespan.
  • Options
    I wouldn't even make an effort to fix The Sims 4 anymore. It has big core problems and spending so much time trying to fix one won't help a lot.

I say they better use the resources for the Sims 5 and hopefully the development of it won't go as wrong as the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    Lol this wasn't my idea as far as old things you would like to see come back. However that being said some of you brought up some excellent points.

Sims 4 has some core problems and spending to much time fixing them won't help. I think if the fix a few things it wouldn't be half bad. But that's just a matter of time and waiting to see what happens next.

Mods-The problem with mods there a temporarily solve, not maxis made. So often when updates come we often have to un-click the box before it updates. And sometimes when there are updates it could break that mod, or cause that mod to break the game. Sometimes you have to wait for the newer version to come out. Also with mods sometimes they don't have exactly what your looking for. Not saying mods are bad I have one, but it just seems that although a lot of people love them (which is totally fine) I just see more hassle out of them. But they do add some gameplay additions.

Traits- I liked the point of having 3 would be nicer if the traits weren't so meaningless. That is Correct, I think we should be able to have an unlimited amount if you want 2 traits. Have to traits. If you want 3, have 3. If you want 4, have 4 etc... etc.... The should have more personality to them. I just remember quiet recently I tried to make an old vintage family. Where the mother was an old school house wife if was the jack of all trades basically, and the husbands that worked hard and came home and were a basic couch potato. But 3 traits limited me, I then went on search for a MOD to add more and although I found it. They were all like aspiration traits or ones you get from the reward store, there were only few traits from CAS that were in the list. But again I think they should be tweaked and not have a "Limit" on them. Also I think a Flaw/Quirk spot to make some traits into there quirks or flaws.

Cars-They worked in Sims 2, no it wasn't as fun as 3 with a whole world they could drive around. But they still worked. So I think as long as they add them the majority of Simmers would be happy.

Overall, like I said I know EA basically knows these things. And there might be a reason like someone said that there not working them. Sims 5 just seems like a scary dream right now. I would love to see all the things from Each game 1, 2, 3, 4 and what made them so individually special combined in sims 5 with it's own unique new feature whatever that may be. But this is where you can give off your crazy wants and wishes :) so I would LOVE to see what you want !!! :):smile::smile::smile:
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    My dream is to have The Sims 5 be a combination of the gameplay of The Sims 2 and the artstyle, CAS and build/buy of The Sims 4. Maybe some new features thrown in there ;)

I don't think we'll ever get what we want with 4 though. The base game was rushed so that set it on a slippery slope.

And I do feel cars are pointless if we don't have an open world.
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims