Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I turn off the n.a.p.s in other worlds?

Can I turn them off as I don’t want them in every world? If no, can I just place a voting board in a park or something so I don’t have to have a community lot in every world? Thanks for any help ❤️

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    To turn it off in your game (for all worlds) you can do this in your game settings.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    To turn it off in your game (for all worlds) you can do this in your game settings.

I would like it for evergreen harvest but not for every other world, I’d thus an option
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    They really should have made an option for this. I don't want this in my other worlds but would like it on in evergreen harbor.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    They really should have made an option for this. I don't want this in my other worlds but would like it on in evergreen harbor.

I agree, I don’t like the all or nothing approach the team has. I would like things to effect some neighbourhoods but not all.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,102 Member
    I thought they said in the stream it was individual for worlds. But, it's on for all or off for all?? That's disappointing.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2020
    nvm I got my answer to my question. *delete*
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,564 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Yes you can. There is a setting for 'Enable NPC Voting' and one for 'Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay'. Mind you, I started a new game, turned off the voting as I didn't want the Sharing is Stealing one lol, the next thing I knew I got a pop up saying Sharing is Caring had been voted in. What the?
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,297 Member
    I don't like how that voting affect other worlds, I hate seeing my married couples kissing strange sims.
    new.png
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    akaniki0 wrote: »

I agree, I don’t like the all or nothing approach the team has. I would like things to effect some neighbourhoods but not all.

True
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Yes you can. There is a setting for 'Enable NPC Voting' and one for 'Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay'. Mind you, I started a new game, turned off the voting as I didn't want the Sharing is Stealing one lol, the next thing I knew I got a pop up saying Sharing is Caring had been voted in. What the?

This happened to me also! I have it turned off in the menu!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If you don't put the board in the world, there won't be any voting.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    > @misty4m said:
    > I don't like how that voting affect other worlds, I hate seeing my married couples kissing strange sims.

I agree! I don't like stuff going missing everywhere. Sharing is Stealing (I LOVE that title) Needs to just be in the area where it is voted on. The people in Strangerville and Oasis Springs are gonna have a tough time sticking to the green stuff too!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member

What day was it when you turned the voting off? The voting options will show up on Friday and there will be some votes placed in right away. I think those will carry through even if you turn the voting off. Next week should be clear.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,888 Member
    Ugh I played in Newcrest and my sims started getting fined for not respecting NAPs, which I didn't even know there were because it's Newcrest, there's not even a voting sign/place besides mailboxes, and I never voted for anything so how come there are active NAPs in freaking Newcrest ?
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    The eco pack with the NAP thing is a totally mess...my sims keeps interrupting actions for going to play the piano or guitar that they don't even have in the inventory...I did turn off in the settings everything that this actions still happens...My sim is hungry but I can't make him cook because he keeps stopping the cooking to go play piano.

I'm so annoyed and frustrated with this...also my sims keeps having future cubes in the inventory and pieces of clay, there's also an issue where kids use the drawing tablet but they stretch themselves and looks buggy.

I want to stop having this NAP in the other worlds....I only want it on certain worlds...I hope they fix the NAP actions because sims keeps overly obsess with certain actions related to arts, technology etc.

I also have sims that keeps doing robots and crafting stuff even thought they don't have the materials for it.

The problem is that even with the stuff turned off they still do this random actions.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    If you don't put the board in the world, there won't be any voting.

Yes, but in the Green Harbor Community Lots, the voting board is a lot requirement. You can't delete them.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ugh I played in Newcrest and my sims started getting fined for not respecting NAPs, which I didn't even know there were because it's Newcrest, there's not even a voting sign/place besides mailboxes, and I never voted for anything so how come there are active NAPs in freaking Newcrest ?

The mailboxes count, having/not having the voting board doesn't matter.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »

The mailboxes count, having/not having the voting board doesn't matter.

In a prior game, I had only one sim with only her lot and naps were being voted on and passed in Newcrest. She wasn't voting. They programed the voting wrong and in order to fix it they would have to reprogram the entire EP. That's why we haven't got a fix for it and we likely won't get a fix because of it costing too much to fix.
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member

In a prior game, I had only one sim with only her lot and naps were being voted on and passed in Newcrest. She wasn't voting. They programed the voting wrong and in order to fix it they would have to reprogram the entire EP. That's why we haven't got a fix for it and we likely won't get a fix because of it costing too much to fix.

It makes me wonder if the sims team actually tests the game before releasing, it feels like they don't do proper ''test drives'' of the game to find issues and bugs...