Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stealing

Comments

• Options
    LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    Hello from Austria ;)

Does anyone know if there is a mod against this big problem out? I don't want to repair my community lots over and over again ;( AND it's pointless, because when I have replaced all stolen pieces it take more or less 5 minutes and they are gone (stolen) again.

Best regards and I hope you can help.

Eve
  • Options
    GrimjowlGrimjowl Posts: 1 New Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:
    > That’s literally what is supposed to happen. I don’t understand this coding error or fixing it. It’s one of the NAPs to steal things around the world and even from yourself...

It's so stupid! My Sim is at Uni and has no sink because they were stolen and because it's university housing I cant replace it without cheating to open the build editor. I also keep having to replace half the common area because it sims just wonder round stealing stuff. The NAPs broken!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Grimjowl wrote: »
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:
    > That’s literally what is supposed to happen. I don’t understand this coding error or fixing it. It’s one of the NAPs to steal things around the world and even from yourself...

It's so stupid! My Sim is at Uni and has no sink because they were stolen and because it's university housing I cant replace it without cheating to open the build editor. I also keep having to replace half the common area because it sims just wonder round stealing stuff. The NAPs broken!

It’s not broken, cheat the sharing is caring NAP away and things will stop getting stolen. Or turn it off so NPCs can’t vote. You have options, pick one.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    My town doesn't have the sharing is caring NAP activated and I don't have issues with others stealing, but I do have a problem with my sim stealing her own stuff. She has swiped herself clean. I have to babysit her to catch her. I play with moveobjects on and I set an object on her to make her error out if it. It's quite annoying. She doesn't have the Klepto trait. I would think it's funny if she was stealing the new stuff I bought her because she gets mad about that, but no, she is stealing her garbage finds. I have to keep spares in the bin. She even stole her garbage can 😡
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    What I find broken is that they can steal basically anything and my sim is limited. It doesn't show up on that I can steal it for something then an NPC will come right behind me and swipe it. If I can't steal it, they shouldn't be able to either.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    HUJVFrk.png
    Game Options - Eco lifestyle. Disable it and ONLY your active household can vote. There is no reason to ever have a NAP active anywhere that you don't want.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Somewhere along the line someone stole a barstool at the Arts Center. I knew because I got the message something was missing and I had to add it back. My family with the Sharing NAP never got stuff taken when they were off lot, but I did get rid of it after a bit, not my cup of tea to have my stuff taken. The repeal, get signatures was way to difficult, so I just used testingcheats on the mailbox and deleted the NAP.
  • Options
    LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    Hello all ;)

Well, I have good news regarding the problem with this NAP:

Zero made a mod against this problem with the stolen items on community lots. I tested it and for me it works perfect!

Mod name: EL - NPC Don't Swipe with Sharing is Caring

https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-npc-dont-with-38012599?utm_medium=post_notification_email&utm_source=post_link&utm_campaign=patron_engagement

I hope it will work for you, too.

Best regards from Austria

Eve
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Just... repeal it? Don't let it win the voting? Disable NPCs on the poll?

Sharing is Karen is made exactly for what some are complaining lol But I agree we should be able to steal more from them (it's what you should be doing if your stuff were taken) without the need of leveling mischief up, or also have the stolen goods on their inventory.

And yeah, it should be disabled on public lots. Food, drinks and commodities should be free, though, by the logic of the NAP, I think.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    My town doesn't have the sharing is caring NAP activated and I don't have issues with others stealing, but I do have a problem with my sim stealing her own stuff. She has swiped herself clean. I have to babysit her to catch her. I play with moveobjects on and I set an object on her to make her error out if it. It's quite annoying. She doesn't have the Klepto trait. I would think it's funny if she was stealing the new stuff I bought her because she gets mad about that, but no, she is stealing her garbage finds. I have to keep spares in the bin. She even stole her garbage can 😡

Is she having the Recycle Disciple trait? I heard that some sims need to recycle something regularly, or free will recycling will tick in. They are not stealing their own stuff, but grabbing it in order to recycle it. They stop doing this if you let the recycle stuff often. No idea how often though, but I assuming there is a buff warning you?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    HUJVFrk.png
    Game Options - Eco lifestyle. Disable it and ONLY your active household can vote. There is no reason to ever have a NAP active anywhere that you don't want.
    HUJVFrk.png

The problem we have here is nobody reads the actual thread, they just read the title and then start griping. This is 100% within the player’s control as quoted above. If you untick that box you, and only you decide what N.A.P is in effect so you never have to have the sharing is caring nap again.

• Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:

It’s not broken, cheat the sharing is caring NAP away and things will stop getting stolen. Or turn it off so NPCs can’t vote. You have options, pick one.
    HUJVFrk.png
    HUJVFrk.png

The problem we have here is nobody reads the actual thread, they just read the title and then start griping. This is 100% within the player’s control as quoted above. If you untick that box you, and only you decide what N.A.P is in effect so you never have to have the sharing is caring nap again.

For both of these, yes, you do have control over voting and whatnot, but this is clearly not working as it should have been intended to. Public lots like bars, museums, dorms, and parks shouldn't be part of the "Sharing is Caring" NAP. They're not privately owned like a home, they're businesses or theoretically government funded lots. For me, the "Sharing is Caring" should ONLY be applicable to residential lots, not public lots. So if I go to Bob Pancakes, and I want his grill, I can take his grill - he votes, so he has say one way or another in the neighborhood plans. A public park though? Not so much. No one owns the park except the invisible government, and they're not voters in neighborhood plans. It's not in the spirit of sharing with your neighbors to loot community lots, because there are no neighbors on community lots that have given you permission to take stuff from them.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    HUJVFrk.png

Keeping my eyes on my sims. I made it a player-only-choice and so far nothing has gotten stolen in my save.

For me this is working great so far 😊
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hmm....

I hope players will use the toggles.

We spend a lot of time requesting toggles for different features. It makes it possible for players to tailor their game and the developers can add features that impact the game in different ways.

If toggles are added, but never used. Is the cost for adding them justified? I hope that we can be savvy enough to use toggles so that they keep on adding them.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Yeah I don't like this N.A.P. My Sim invited her parents over to her new apartment and within minutes they were stealing her furniture. 😭
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can always just re appeal that NAP so that it doesn't happen anymore.

You can also shift-click on the mailox and choose the option to immediately repeal a N.A.P. This is a Maxis/EA approved cheat :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited June 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    What I find broken is that they can steal basically anything and my sim is limited. It doesn't show up on that I can steal it for something then an NPC will come right behind me and swipe it. If I can't steal it, they shouldn't be able to either.

Agreed. My klepto sims can't even steal paintings (no art heists, really?), and these guys can walk off with furniture? Hmmm...

People keep saying to just turn the toggle off. The problem is, that's the first thing I did, but apparently it literally only stops NPCs from voting. If you're a rotational player, in particular, it apparently doesn't stop the other currently unplayed sims in your neighborhood from voting autonomously. Edited to add: I know the language says that if you unclick the box, the voting will be user-directed only. But that's not how it's actually working in my game. So either the wording is incorrect, or it is in fact actually a bug.

So far, knock on wood, the worst thing I've caught them doing is voting for Creative Arts, but I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited June 2020

This is false, and if you actually read other people's comments, you would know that.

Whether it's intended to work that way or it's a bug, in reality, if you untick the box, it only prevents true NPCs from voting, not unplayed sims.

How do I know? Because the first thing I did was unclick that box. I have played all three EH neighborhoods. I have one sim I created myself per neighborhood. The other lots are either empty or contain premade sims whose lots I have never played or even opened. Yet in each neighborhood, NAPs have been enacted before I ever even placed a vote, and in each case it was for a NAP for which I did not vote and would not have voted.
  • Options
    Then it sounds like it is bugged for some players.

For me the toggle seem to be working as intended so far.

I am going to rotate a bit more due to story-reasons. Will keep an eye on what happens and hope that things stay the same as they are now.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Popped in to check if this pack is worth buying or not. This thread was enough to make my mind up. This just sounds terrible. Could have been a cute idea, but like the nonstop cakes and other things from previous packs that drove me out of my mind, it is a shame that the stealing sounds out of control, and only option is to disable completely? Well, at least they added that, but I don't want to take a chance that my current neighborhoods will be picked clean.

Oh well, for $40 I can get 3 or 4 full games on the current PlayStation sales, so I guess I will hold off on this pack for now.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Sadly, this is a massive problem and I totally get why people are upset about it. Community lots are also being looted and left without key pieces and people put alot of time and effort into building. Rough housing is also another one that causes major problems because everyone stops to watch the fights.

Repealing and cheating is a good way forwards in your own neighbourhood. However, my sim lives in Evergreen Harbour. He visited a gym in Brindleton and people started swiping things. The next day, he visited his family home in Windenberg (amongst other chaos) a random stranger let themselves in and started taking their furniture.

Turns out both the Brindleton and Windenberg neighbourhoods had sharing is caring voted in. I can't right click on mailboxes or boards there to cheat because it says I don't live there (even cheating). I have to come out of my household, play a household in that neighbourhood, cheat, then come out and return to the household I want to play otherwise lots there become chaos.

so..

PLEASE HELP
    -Does turning off the NPC vote stop voting in other neighbourhoods?
    -Does turning it off apply to active households I'm not currently playing or just apply to townies and unplayed households?
    -Is there any way to cheat and repeal NAPs in a neighbourhood my sim doesnt live in e.g using a mailbox or board there?

It's a nice pack and I like being able to vote and have others vote in MY neighbourhood. The problem is invasive NAPs are seriously damaging other neighbourhoods and I feel there is little I can do.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2020
    So...Sharing is Caring is basically turning everyone in the neighborhood into Bruh Man from Martin...?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:

HUJVFrk.png
    HUJVFrk.png

For both of these, yes, you do have control over voting and whatnot, but this is clearly not working as it should have been intended to. Public lots like bars, museums, dorms, and parks shouldn't be part of the "Sharing is Caring" NAP. They're not privately owned like a home, they're businesses or theoretically government funded lots. For me, the "Sharing is Caring" should ONLY be applicable to residential lots, not public lots. So if I go to Bob Pancakes, and I want his grill, I can take his grill - he votes, so he has say one way or another in the neighborhood plans. A public park though? Not so much. No one owns the park except the invisible government, and they're not voters in neighborhood plans. It's not in the spirit of sharing with your neighbors to loot community lots, because there are no neighbors on community lots that have given you permission to take stuff from them.

What YOU want isn’t how the game works, which is working properly The NAPs effect the whole neighborhood, not just resident homes.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

Agreed. My klepto sims can't even steal paintings (no art heists, really?), and these guys can walk off with furniture? Hmmm...

People keep saying to just turn the toggle off. The problem is, that's the first thing I did, but apparently it literally only stops NPCs from voting. If you're a rotational player, in particular, it apparently doesn't stop the other currently unplayed sims in your neighborhood from voting autonomously. Edited to add: I know the language says that if you unclick the box, the voting will be user-directed only. But that's not how it's actually working in my game. So either the wording is incorrect, or it is in fact actually a bug.

So far, knock on wood, the worst thing I've caught them doing is voting for Creative Arts, but I'm concerned.

I'm sorry you are having this problem. I turned the toggle off and I'm a rotational player and I'm not having problems you are with the currently unplayed sims voting.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited June 2020
    Now that I've had to rebuild the bar a few times, this is annoying. It could have been a lot of fun but when I want to build, I build. When I want to play, I play. This NAP forces you into building and fixing the lot. I don't feel like it should apply to community lots. When I first read the description, I never even assumed that it did. I realize this is how the game works, and I can cheat it off, and/or tell NPC's to stop voting but it kinda sucks I can't use a game feature that I do actually like because it's so over done. :/

This one time I wouldn't mind if they limited it to like 3 items stolen in a session or just not allowed on community lots at all (except for your sim). Normally I don't like them to nerf features but this is madness. I've turned it off for now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79