Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living is straight up unplayable

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    mcorral wrote: »
    Again, it's the same with every pack: someone complains about the bugs and many people say that it's not fair.

Please, let the people express themselves. If you don't have any problem with the game it's great, I'm glad, but please have in mind that some of us think that paying 40€ for a game which had this issue in the first version only available to bloggers and it is not been fixed in the final version is not right.

For me the game is almost unplayable because:
    - Some times my sim don't eat when commanded "get leftovers". He just take the dish and sits watching it.
    - The Eco footprint resets back to "neutral" in one day no matter what I do. Even when all lots in the world are "green"
    - Basil bush is shown as a seed, not a bush.
    - Some objects disappear sometimes in my lot.
    - Sometimes the growth state of plants changes randomly.
    - The balcony in the apartment is not part of the house and cannot be editted.
    - The eco footprint resets automatically when my sim leaves the neighbourhood/world.
    - Sometimes solar panels cannot be placed on roofs.
    - Sometimes sims cannot use the sell table in the market. You have to carry your own table in order to sell your produce.
    - There is a buzz noise that won't go away when the maker station breaks. The buzz won't go even after deleting the whole lot.

I could go on and on with bugs I found in my game. I removed my mods, I created a new fresh sims folder, deleted temporary files, repaired the game, restarted the game and the PC but this bugs are still there.

We paid 40€ for a game that IS unplayable for some of us, so please, let us complain.

Agreed, but that’s not what OP is arguing here. So it’s not “unplayable “ by that. Good day to you

What I meant by unplayable is one of the latest frustrating bug which prevents your sim to eat and instead always opt to cook another meal. How you're supposed to "play" your sim in this manner?

I suppose if you are spending a lot of hours on building mode then probably you aren't affected with the bugs and glitches.

• Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    mcorral wrote: »
    Again, it's the same with every pack: someone complains about the bugs and many people say that it's not fair.

Please, let the people express themselves. If you don't have any problem with the game it's great, I'm glad, but please have in mind that some of us think that paying 40€ for a game which had this issue in the first version only available to bloggers and it is not been fixed in the final version is not right.

For me the game is almost unplayable because:
    - Some times my sim don't eat when commanded "get leftovers". He just take the dish and sits watching it.
    - The Eco footprint resets back to "neutral" in one day no matter what I do. Even when all lots in the world are "green"
    - Basil bush is shown as a seed, not a bush.
    - Some objects disappear sometimes in my lot.
    - Sometimes the growth state of plants changes randomly.
    - The balcony in the apartment is not part of the house and cannot be editted.
    - The eco footprint resets automatically when my sim leaves the neighbourhood/world.
    - Sometimes solar panels cannot be placed on roofs.
    - Sometimes sims cannot use the sell table in the market. You have to carry your own table in order to sell your produce.
    - There is a buzz noise that won't go away when the maker station breaks. The buzz won't go even after deleting the whole lot.

I could go on and on with bugs I found in my game. I removed my mods, I created a new fresh sims folder, deleted temporary files, repaired the game, restarted the game and the PC but this bugs are still there.

We paid 40€ for a game that IS unplayable for some of us, so please, let us complain.

All those bugs are annoying and you have a right to complain but the game in general for most people is playable...it's not like the game is constantly freezing or crashing
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Post your problems over at Answers HQ - they will get proper attention there. General chat can't help.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    That's a tad dramatic lol. It's just a window bug, sure it's annoying but hopefully it'll get patched at some point
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Yikes. Alright.

1. The ‘literally unplayable’ is a meme or remark from years ago. I assumed that everyone would understand that it was an exaggeration and that I was hardly serious in the sense that it was a game-breaking issue. I was merely pointing out that everyone – every well-known – creator that got Early Access pointed this out. This was not an issue that slipped through the cracks and appeared last minute.

2. For some, issues like this may be major, especially those with OCD.

3. For a $40 product, they sure did miss the QA testing phase as this issue has been in every single posted content that displayed the items.

4. I know where and how to submit bug reports. I was merely poking fun and trying to have a laugh. You guys are acting like I asked to WooHoo at 5 relationship.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    NoTalent wrote: »
    fd244470e80fe719f6bdc2023d262255.jpg

Every single person with Early Access pointed this out and it's still not fixed. I cannot build using these windows. :/

I think you need to explain what you trying to say as it is hard to see the problem, not trying to say the problem is not valid. If this is an problem it is not something new as there are multiple problems in Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's definitely still playable. I played it just last night. I have no idea what I'm doing though, I'm completely clueless about eco footprints. :D
  • Options
    empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    This Eco pack I love it and hate it. I hate it mainly because of the many not soo buggy things. Sunpanels? Have fun when a storm breaks them all down. Storms seem to have a 90% hitrate on anything standing on or around you house. Its a garbage feature. So are the bug hotels. Thank you for having my sim spend 8 hours a day to tend 2 bug farms because they need so many hugs. Please remove that silly hamster hugging feature.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    As Carl pointed out in his video bugs don't need hugs. They can't be hugged anyway, so this is a doubly useless feature. Another one is getting water from the ocean. Doesn't EA realize that seawater is unsuitable for human use until it has been desalinated? At a minimum it makes you sick, at worst it will kill you.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2020
    Draw attention to this glitch, but it's silly to say it makes the game 'unplayable'. There are other difficulties in the game that require a hotfix.

*checks it*

Yeah, I am definitely surprised they missed that, it's clearly missing a texture or something when you rotate around it and should be fixed pronto. But by no means does it stop anybody from playing the game.
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I have no problem with the ep everything works just fine and 100%
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Do you guys think they will give us another patch, because their are so many Bugs I’m realizing now myself.
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    The game actually is unplayable for a lot of people, not because of windows but because of a variety of other issues. I always expect some bugs with a new update or pack, but there are a lot of bugs this time. Pets disappearing, error messages and crashes, fire pee, the fabricator whine even after deleting, Sims just keep making meals but won't finish eating them, mature plants that are in season going back to seed, in game computers not working right, and on and on. Many are just annoying, but some actually prevent players from playing and some make it unenjoyable even if possible. Hopefully there will be another patch soon to fix some of these issues. I feel lucky that I can still play with only a few of the annoying bugs. Others aren't as lucky.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Just keep in mind that 'unenjoyable' and 'unplayable' are two different things.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    So far the only issue I'm having is that the outdoor trash cans are suddenly overflowing with no way to empty them. It's also been a little stuttery since the last patch, but far from unplayable.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    kidlit59 wrote: »
    The game actually is unplayable for a lot of people, not because of windows but because of a variety of other issues. I always expect some bugs with a new update or pack, but there are a lot of bugs this time. Pets disappearing, error messages and crashes, fire pee, the fabricator whine even after deleting, Sims just keep making meals but won't finish eating them, mature plants that are in season going back to seed, in game computers not working right, and on and on. Many are just annoying, but some actually prevent players from playing and some make it unenjoyable even if possible. Hopefully there will be another patch soon to fix some of these issues. I feel lucky that I can still play with only a few of the annoying bugs. Others aren't as lucky.

This is the buggiest expansion ive played, its making it frustrating to play, especially the cancelling of interactions constantly (especially eating) and the spawning of infinite amounts of clay.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    ldmarko wrote: »
    So far the only issue I'm having is that the outdoor trash cans are suddenly overflowing with no way to empty them. It's also been a little stuttery since the last patch, but far from unplayable.
    True, but even if it not unplayable, it may be an nuisance for some people especially some knows how long some bugs are fixed or not fixed and for them it can be an game wrecker even if other parts of the game works. Most games even outside of EA/Maxis has the same problem but it is how soon the bug is addressed and not months for it to be fixed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »

If you have the reuse & recycle lot trait, there should be an npc garbage collector who comes by once a week and empties them, you can also get a recycler and put it on your lot and sort through the garbage and make bits and pieces for projects and manage your trash overflow that way. If you remove that trait then your outdoor cans become bottomless again.