Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Sell at Market or Dumpster Dive

KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
I managed to set up a market in town for my maker Sim. But every time I try to click on a table, it doesn't allow it because NPC Sims have already claimed it even when they just arrived and aren't even near the tables.

I also have to the problem with the Dumpster. I click on to use it and it says it's already in use and an NPC then comes along and dives in. On the rare event (one time) when there is no one who takes the Dumpster, it's empty.

How the heck is this supposed to work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I am having the same issue with the market in my neighborhood. The townies claimed all the tables on the first day I went and the game will not let my Sim clear the table. Therefore, he is unable to sell his items in the market.

You have to wait a bit for the dumpsters to fill up before you can use them. I took to using the dumpsters around my neighborhood as opposed to the one on the community space because there weren't always townies dumpster diving in them. Every time you leave to go to a different lot it seems that the timer resets on the dumpsters and you need to wait for them to refill again. I also took to chatting to whichever townie was dumpster diving so that they would stop then cancelling the interaction so my Sim could use the dumpster.

Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Hmm I don't know how a human sim would deal with it, but I interrupt them with deliariate spell on a caster. It makes them stop and wander off.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I had the same issue with the flea market tables way back in CL. I had to start carrying one in my Sim's inventory and place them around town in common spaces so my Sim could sell stuff. I think this must work the same way. The best place was in an area across from my Sim's house, no one ever used that one but her since she bought it to sell stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    I found a solution. You have to carry your own sale table. Place it in the market and then you would be able to transfer your goods to the table, otherwise you cannot sell produce.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think the dumpster diving needs tuning (I’d take a mod too), but I think it should be tied to traits. I have my wealthy Sims from the penthouse dumpster diving on community lots when I’m playing other households. I think if they kept it to only Sims that have some of the new eco traits (plus slobs), then the problem of it being used all the time (as OP stated) would be reduced. I think it would also fill faster if other Sims were using it more to throw out stuff, instead of diving into it.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I had the same issue with the flea market tables way back in CL. I had to start carrying one in my Sim's inventory and place them around town in common spaces so my Sim could sell stuff. I think this must work the same way. The best place was in an area across from my Sim's house, no one ever used that one but her since she bought it to sell stuff.

I did try that and as soon as I placed it, someone took it. I hope they tweak this a bit. Maybe they should allow your Sim more time to claim a table first then the others can fill up or something.
  • Options
    mcorral wrote: »
    I found a solution. You have to carry your own sale table. Place it in the market and then you would be able to transfer your goods to the table, otherwise you cannot sell produce.

I did and someone stole my table before I could put my stuff on it.
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    I never had that issue so I wouldn't know how to fix it!
  • Options
    profanedogprofanedog Posts: 108 Member
    apparently you can only sell items made new with this expansion in that table?
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »

Then shift click on the sim who used the table => "reset sim", then "clear table" and quickly use the table.
  • Options
    Xila31Xila31 Posts: 6 New Member
    I am unable to put any items onto the tables in the marketplace even when the tables are not occupied. If you can only sell items from the Eco lifestyle that you craft on the new table, that might be the problem? I can't even sell the dyes I've found. The inventory won't accept anything.

Even if I put the tables from City Living on the lot, I can't put any items on those, either. I was thinking we could also sell items we garden or find, but I guess not. If not, that would be a real disappointment. Could it be marketplace is only for fabricated items? If so, I guess we need to put fabricators on the market lots for Sims that can't afford them at home?

On the same save I was able to sell at the Flee Market but not on the marketplace lot, or community lot before it became a market.
  • Options
    Xila31Xila31 Posts: 6 New Member
    I also decided to try it out so I put a City Living table and the Eco Lifestyle table on a park lot, and I still can't add anything to either table inventory. They are not claimed.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I just tested the eco sales table. Sim brought his own table.

First tried it at a retail store lot, that is designed as a market place. But although some customers stopped to look at the goods, not a single sale during that session (4 hrs?).

Next I tried a huge park. Lots of ppl and some stopping, but not a single sale.

Finally my sim traveled to San Myshuno, placed the table in front of the Karaoke bar in Spice Market. Sold all during the session! Customers attended constantly. There was a festival ongoing across the street, but seems like customers spawned for the sales table.

So, even the eco table seems to function better in San Myshuno than in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. Assuming the Marketplace lot will have the same good flow of customers.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KatsKats wrote: »

Then shift click on the sim who used the table => "reset sim", then "clear table" and quickly use the table.

Thanks. I'll try that.