Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL can't get Mermaid's Secret Island!

Hi guys, I've had IP for a lonnngg time now and I really want Mermaid Secret Island because I would like to build my sims a nice house there. I think it's the prettiest uncharted island and many of the other islands don't have space to build a large house with out adjusting the terrain....

But to the point..

My sim is best friends with a townie that was randomly turned into a mermaid (his name is Masao Hermada) My sim and Masao are best friends and their relationship bar is full. They hang out and go scuba diving all the time and I wait for him to tell my sim about Mermaid Island but he NEVER does.

Does anyone have this problem? Is it because the mermaid isn't one created by the sims 3 team? (ex Triton King, Salty Seaworth) If that's the case, I don't know what to do because I have aging on and am pretty sure both of those mermaids have passed away. Do I just need to keep trying?
Please help!!!! :(

PS I know there is a cheat to unlock all the islands but I DO NOT want to use it, I do not like using cheats and still have other islands to unlock on my own

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2013
    It took forever for me, too, but I finally got a mermaid to tell me about the secret island. Just keep doing what your doing. :) Every day, I would just signal my mermaid friend and hang out as long as I could with them. Sometimes, I would even invite them to spend the night so you can give the game a little more time to initiate the conversation. As far as I know, it's a time & patience thing. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2013
    This is what I've done to get the Mermaid island unlocked. I've only had luck with Mia Azul and Maya Ocean--the two female mermaids. It doesn't matter which dive spot you're sim is diving in, it doesn't have to be Mermaid's Grotto. When I see one of the mermaids, I have my sim get into a conversation with the mermaid. I cycle through all the options a couple of times--Talk about Shells, Talk about Sharks, etc. One time I got lucky the first time I had my sim talk to the mermaid, but most times I've had to run into the mermaid two or three times. Eventually, I've always gotten the island unlocked.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have found it twice (2 separate games of course.) Each time it was Maya Ocean. My sim signaled her. Once she was visiting he did a boat to with Maya Ocean to get her into his boat. They boated to any dive spot. I don't think it matters and went diving together. In the course of diving together she decided to take him to the island.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited September 2013
    I simply make friends with the mermaid (any of them will do) and when I get a positive for asking about fish parts, I invite them over then go diving with them and let them do their thing, gets the island every time.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    27aburnett27aburnett Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't do it either, but it help to become a mermaid.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2020
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top