Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ‘ We πŸ‘ need πŸ‘ a πŸ‘ menswear πŸ‘ SP! πŸ‘

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I play male Sims almost exclusively, and agree that there aren't many jeans that don't rob a man of his dignity one way or another, but I never felt stinted on fashions and hairstyles because...I actually don't care that much, about fashion and hairstyles! They are a pain to have to deal with. In fact it's more work than I like, to have to set a different outfit for each "occasion" (formal, everyday, cold weather, hot weather, etc) and I just found out you can set more than one for each category?

So the problem as it is laid out, makes sense that it's discriminatory. On the other hand, in real life, women do seem to want 3X the number and complexity of options associated with their appearance, compared to men.

There are exceptions, of course. But in general, "his" and "hers" closet space are not equal.

As for me, irl and in the game, less is more. I usually have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, and in summer I cycle between 3 Hawaiian shirts and a couple of "home" t-shirts. And I have one pair of Keens, and a pair of flipflops, and that's it. I like my hair best if it's in a way that doesn't need "doing" in order to walk out the door.

Judging from the male clothing options that are already in the game, why would I want the same people who are designing jeans a guy would never wear, to make MORE of that to choose from? :D
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I mostly start with a woman sim as my household & mostly make my own version of NPCs as men. That way my playing sim can have the pick of the litter of men to befriend, date, serial marry, become a black widow or even have more than two boyfriends at the same time. The little vixens. lol

I do agree that we need more handsome & sexy men clothes & hairstyles.

We also NEED BODY HAIR.

I agree completely on the need for body hair, but solved my problem neatly with Luumia's body hair mod and now all my guys have varying degrees, colors, textures, and distributions of pit hair, chest hair, landing strip, arm and leg coverage, you name it.

Before getting the mod, I used to stick primarily to blond and red-haired males, and didn't think why: it was because they don't look jarring without obviously visible body hair. Theirs could still be there in theory, just not as immediately showy as that of a dark-haired guy, so it didn't weird me out. Once I got the mod and furred my guys, dark haired men became playable.

So if they could do as good a job as Luumia, sure, add it to the game.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    @KiniHokulani I'm glad I'm not alone! :) Oh yes, we need more facial hair. I love my main sim's "designer stubble", but I wish we had more variety and flattering options. I also wish I could make his sideburns a little longer and give my sims some body hair. When I create female sims I am spoilt for choice with their hair and clothing, but it's much harder to make unique looking male sims. They definitely deserve more love and attention in CAS.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Rather than a separate stuff pack how about they start including EQUAL amounts (or near enough) of clothing for female and MALE Sims in each Game/Expansion/stuff pack? That would be a nice change.
    Oh and for them to vary up the styles a bit, seen the same styles used all the time - oh another pair of baggy trousers...yaaay.
    Some variation on hairstyles would be nice as well, guys can have longer hairstyles too (and not more man buns)

:(
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Also could we have more men jeans/pants that aren't cropped ? It's like they're all capri pants.....

Yes, I agree! I have such a hard time dressing male sims, because cropped pants just aren't my taste (and I feel like I never see men wearing them irl??), but like 80% of the pants for males are cropped. I've always felt that Sims 4 goes for too much stylized, ~fashion~ type clothing, while ignoring the basics that would actually be useful and versatile.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Rather than a separate stuff pack how about they start including EQUAL amounts (or near enough) of clothing for female and MALE Sims in each Game/Expansion/stuff pack? That would be a nice change.
    Oh and for them to vary up the styles a bit, seen the same styles used all the time - oh another pair of baggy trousers...yaaay.
    Some variation on hairstyles would be nice as well, guys can have longer hairstyles too (and not more man buns)

:(

Haha, equal amounts would be preferred!
    I'm just going with a men's SP bc EA is going to go where the money is, and this seems more likely to me than making equal men's/women's CAS parts in every pack.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    In a dark deep cave is a group of young women that dislikes Men,Babies and the idea of family. These mystery women are calling the shots. Reminds me of the Nelson family deciding what we watch on television.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Judging from the male clothing options that are already in the game, why would I want the same people who are designing jeans a guy would never wear, to make MORE of that to choose from? :D

Is is possible your game is set so you could choose also female clothing for males? It would be nice to have more choices for males, I find there are too few choices for formal outfits and everyday tops.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Would love more men's clothing, toddler up to elder. I may play with female, but at some point she marries and has kids, some will be male, I'd love more guy clothes
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited May 2020
    No need for another overpriced SP. Just get some CC. Problem solved.

I don't want to download CC. Downloading CC doesn't solve the problem that the official game is lacking male CAS items and we who don't want to add any non-official stuff (that makes the game lag even more than it does already and possibly also can cause other problems including viruses on our computers) shouldn't have to be required to.

I play with male Sims just as much as females and I don't even care for fashion, but I'd like to have decent official CAS content for males. I would love more longer hair styles, facial hair, non-ripped jeans, T-shirts (with better fit) and such.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Completely agree males need more clothing options and not the same styles recolored over and over so tired of rolled up skinny jeans.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    As someone who creates an even male and female sims, I totally agree that more cloths and hair options for males are needed. A stuff pack would be welcome.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: Β»

Actually yes. I believe they said some time back that the majority of players are teenage girls and that they prefer to play with female Sims. This is why each pack adds majority female clothing.

I agree with you that it would be nice to have more male clothes and also beards and facial hairs.

True. But who are those teen girls hooking their Sims up with? I should think that they would want their excruciatingly beautiful, dressed to the nines avatars to have equally fashionable partners. ;)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    One of the main things I use CC for is hair and clothes for my male sims. I may be a lady, but I play mostly male sims, and before the gender patch there were barely even any hair options for guys! We're still short on male hair styles with nice bangs, and where in the heck are the mullets and rat-tails?!! I wanna make some edgy-trashy bad boys, but I have only found ONE CC mullet and rat-tails are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! And can a sista get some KILTS up in here?! No, not a skirt awkwardly plopped on a man, a K-I-L-T KILT!! Several styles, in fact. I've seen modern kilts with pockets and studs, and in all kinds of different colors and materials...Why can't we have that in TS4??!! Man, I'm dipping into COSTUMES to get some interesting clothes on my guys! CosπŸ‘tumesπŸ‘!! Just because the majority of players are allegedly female and allegedly mostly play with female sims does not mean ya'll get to neglect the mens, a'aight?!

...So, yeah, a menswear pack and a bigger focus on men's and boys' clothing in the future would definitely be nice.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Agreed, they have someone they will be interested in for a relationship and I know my sim ( I try to make stylish) and want a sim to be just as stylish as she is, its hard for me to created different outfits for males and them not all be in the same thing, so definitely need more, toddlers and up!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please