Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone seen this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/gq1f90/this_will_be_fun/

What do you think? Personally I don't believe it...
But in the thread a person said this is the same person/source that said we were getting firefighters.
So IDK.

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I believe it because it's exactly what I've been predicting all along... so wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.
    THat being said, I have no interest in cars, so happy for those that want them if it's true but don't care either way myself haha!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited May 2020
    I believe it because it's exactly what I've been predicting all along... so wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.
    THat being said, I have no interest in cars, so happy for those that want them if it's true but don't care either way myself haha!

It WOULD make much sense...then I might not be so angry because they made Eco Living..-shrug-
    And answer my question of why they made it..
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    That would be lovely. Hope they will be more like the cars in TS2 and will have lots of interactions. Would love to have a car my sims can build or tinker on.
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    That would be a lovely surprise.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am inclined to believe it. There have just been too many not so subtle hints. Like the driveway dips in the sidewalks of the new worlds starting with Del Sol Valley, and the increased use of deco cars in the world backdrops starting with San Myshuno, then the addition of the travel category in the BB catalog sort with Discover University. I know the devs say they don’t hint but that is baloney. They hint, and then in order to stick to their not revealing future content rule they just deny that the hints are hints.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

It WOULD make much sense...then I might not be so angry because they made Eco Living..-shrug-

I'm not sure it would make sense to release an expansion as a way to get ready for a free patch? Honestly, I think WHY they released Eco was just cuz it's a cool fun theme with a lot of people asking for it, simple as that. If cars came out first I'd think maybe they were released to prepare for Eco, cuz a free patch being released for an EP makes more sense than an EP released for a free patch to me... but I could be wrong on that haha! I dunno. I'm just super happy and excited for ECO and I hope that you get your cars (or whatever theme you are interested in ) too!

PS My 5 year old came by as I was typing this and says that your little avatar picture is "sooooo cute" ;) haha!
  • Options

I'm not sure it would make sense to release an expansion as a way to get ready for a free patch? Honestly, I think WHY they released Eco was just cuz it's a cool fun theme with a lot of people asking for it, simple as that. If cars came out first I'd think maybe they were released to prepare for Eco, cuz a free patch being released for an EP makes more sense than an EP released for a free patch to me... but I could be wrong on that haha! I dunno. I'm just super happy and excited for ECO and I hope that you get your cars (or whatever theme you are interested in ) too!

PS My 5 year old came by as I was typing this and says that your little avatar picture is "sooooo cute" ;) haha!

Awwwww ^^ Thank you <3 That made my day.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    edited May 2020
    I hope it's true.
    They are updating the game with how your bills are calculated, and we also have a repoman now so maybe cars will be really expensive to own.
    If "transportation" is a filter in the inventory update then maybe you can have a car in your inventory.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I think it's true. If you look in Evergreen Harbor, it has HUGE HINTS to cars. The roads in the playable areas are wider than usual and no deco cars are driving in the playable areas but they still do in the background. Most lots, especially the fake ones, have driveways and some even have cars parked right outside.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I honestly always knew cars were coming. It's pretty obvious,lots of hints, tons of people want them and well... why not? So if it's true theres no surprise for me 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    And when simgurufrost said there were "small" updates coming. My heart told me they were "big" updates 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    OMGGG If that is true...and I kind of believe it is....I will loose my head. I've been dying for cars in TS4 since 2014 when the game launched.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I hope it's true.
    They are updating the game with how your bills are calculated, and we also have a repoman now so maybe cars will be really expensive to own.
    If "transportation" is a filter in the inventory update then maybe you can have a car in your inventory.

The new pack also introduces fuel/bio fuel for the power generators....isn't that interesting?

What if cars need fuel too? :love:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I hope it's true.

The new pack also introduces fuel/bio fuel for the power generators....isn't that interesting?

What if cars need fuel too? :love:

I just thought of that too!
  • Options
    I hope it's true, because I know a lot of people would be very happy <3.
    So I'm happy for them.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Honestly, the only thing that I find surprising in this is that it has a (target - things can change) timeline for when cars should be arriving.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think it's true. They have been leaking real stuff and the community has been very vocal about cars. Considering how the game works, I think cars will be pretty much like they were in Sims 2, where you could see them leaving your lot and disappearing, and then arriving at the destiny (where they will either go to your inventory or be parked in front of the lot). The thing is, in Sims 2, all lots HAD to be connected to roads, and in Sims 4 we have tons of lots that are not (basically all lots in Windenburg, a couple of lots in Brindleton Bay, and many lots in San Myshuno and Sulani).

But despite that, I think cars will be a nice addition, specially for building purposes and for teens, if they're able to learn how to drive.

Maybe that's what the future cube meant by:
    "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."
    "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms."
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It does, unfortunately, occur to me that this could also be an epic troll. Their source having proved reliable, now they can claim any sort of nonsense to wind up the community that can't be proven or disproven until the end of the fiscal year - and even then as that's a target date, could be explained with "they're just not ready yet."

Why would someone want to do this? Some people are just plums.

I bring this up in an effort to keep hopes from getting too high. As I've seen - repeatedly - over the last year, sims fans can get nasty when things don't meet the expectations that they've built up in their heads, even - no, especially when there's no reason for their expectations to have grown so high except their own imaginations.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    It does, unfortunately, occur to me that this could also be an epic troll. Their source having proved reliable, now they can claim any sort of nonsense to wind up the community that can't be proven or disproven until the end of the fiscal year - and even then as that's a target date, could be explained with "they're just not ready yet."

Why would someone want to do this? Some people are just plums.

I bring this up in an effort to keep hopes from getting too high. As I've seen - repeatedly - over the last year, sims fans can get nasty when things don't meet the expectations that they've built up in their heads, even - no, especially when there's no reason for their expectations to have grown so high except their own imaginations.

This crossed my mind too.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    I personally believe that there is a good chance that this is a complete and utter hoax. Remember Country Livin'? But, it has been called for by many, myself included. The problem I have is that due to the engine and way TS4 worlds are set up, it is difficult. But, TS2 implemented cars pretty well and worlds were set up close to as in TS4.

If true, I am curious as to how it will be done, and implemented. One, what cars are we getting? Are the parts of the world where traffic/cars are seen, but in nonusable parts of the world going to be opened up to traffic? Will the routing for cars use the same as the nonfunctional, decorate traffic? What about all those gas stations and car washes in most worlds? Are they going to be usable parts of the world? Perhaps the decorative areas may now partially be accessible? New world that may be open world that ships with the patch? What about the worlds, will we be seeing changes? Most lots don't line up with the street; and neighborhoods are small. Can the car be parked in a garage? Thus, parking spots and garage doors? Or, will a Sim just pull it out of their inventory like a bike?
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Also I think if we do get cars, it most likely will be just like TS2 where there is a small animation when it goes out.
    But I would be all for fixer-upper cars and such. Oh! What if we could sell them too?!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I so hope it’s true!!
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    like i said on reddit, i'll believe it when i see it. i don't want to get my hopes up like i did with that fake country living leak.
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    a car like the one in sims 3 you can fix up
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I personally believe that there is a good chance that this is a complete and utter hoax. Remember Country Livin'? But, it has been called for by many, myself included. The problem I have is that due to the engine and way TS4 worlds are set up, it is difficult. But, TS2 implemented cars pretty well and worlds were set up close to as in TS4.

If true, I am curious as to how it will be done, and implemented. One, what cars are we getting? Are the parts of the world where traffic/cars are seen, but in nonusable parts of the world going to be opened up to traffic? Will the routing for cars use the same as the nonfunctional, decorate traffic? What about all those gas stations and car washes in most worlds? Are they going to be usable parts of the world? Perhaps the decorative areas may now partially be accessible? New world that may be open world that ships with the patch? What about the worlds, will we be seeing changes? Most lots don't line up with the street; and neighborhoods are small. Can the car be parked in a garage? Thus, parking spots and garage doors? Or, will a Sim just pull it out of their inventory like a bike?

TS2 had cars from the very start, they had carpools, school buses, and service NPC vehicles. I wouldn't compare TS4 too much to TS2.
    TS3 had cars even though you could place lots literally anywhere away from a road and on water. I guess if the lot does not have a driveway linked to the road then maybe cars will go in the inventory like they did in TS3. Also, in TS4 some of the lots, even when linked to the road don't have access to the road because there is grass or bushes lining the sidewalk along the road, and lots in Magnolia Promenade, for example are not intended for cars.