Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Where is the smog?

SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
Hey guys,

So, weird question. Has anyone of you seen any gameplay videos of Eco Lifestyle with visible heavy smog? All the videos I've come across from the game changers don't seem to have any of it. Sims are still coughing though...

Edit: If you have links to any of the videos please share them here.
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
Post edited by SimmerGeorge on

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’ve noticed this, too! It’s barely there in the game changer videos but in the trailer it’s a lot worse. I’m hoping that over time the pollution intensifies as I vaguely remember one of the gurus saying on Twitter that it can get worse but I would really appreciate having this confirmed.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Not a weird question at all, I was worrying about that too. I hope it gets worse over time. And I suppose the smog will be influenced by weather and seasons, too? Maybe the first shot of the reveal trailer was on an overcast day?
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope that just like the green lifestyle that intensifies with time, it will be the same with pollution and smog but unlike the green lifestyle (which has partly been showcased) I have yet to see any real, visible smog out there.

Maybe they are still tweaking things 'cause game changers get their copy in early may so, who know's. Still hope someone can provide us with something.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I too wonder if I gets as bad as it looked in the trailer. Maybe if the world is left polluted for a certain amount of time it starts to get worse? I guess we will find out in a couple weeks one way or the other. Unfortunately it could have been trailer magic and been made to look worse than it actually is but I hope not. Be cool for it to look that smoggy.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I ve seen it in a gameplay review. It was by a french GC and the smog was brown like in the trailer. I dont remember the name but if u search sims 4 ecologie u will find it.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm curious about this as well, mostly for gameplay possibilities. Will it have a lasting impact on our sims emotions/traits? how worse can it get? Will townies react accordingly to their environments or not?
  • Options

@simgirl1010 yeah, I have watched most of these videos aswell. For some reason I thought the smog would be more intense...lame :neutral:
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I noticed the same thing about the smog! I hope the most extreme polluted state will have much stronger smog!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    edited May 2020
    Were you hoping for more smog than this?

d6fbdcZ.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2020
    Judging by what I saw on the UI on the livestream, there was plenty of room to make the pollution worse in the part of Evergreen Harbor that was already polluted. The meter there during the stream was just slightly to the industrial side of neutral. What I understood was it’s more than just a matter of time, but also choices. The building materials have eco ratings now. So you would want to build with materials that have bad eco ratings, use energy sucking appliances in your home, be on the grid, not recycle, avoid solar panels and wind turbines, and let your garbages overflow.

Most of the GCs are going the opposite way in their lps in order to showcase the recycling machine, and the candle station and so on, which is taking their games into the cleaner direction. I would also love to see what happens when the scale is pushed in the opposite direction.

d6fbdcZ.png

This does look delightfully grungy.
  • Options

d6fbdcZ.png

@simgirl1010 Yes, I was hoping for more than this because the smog is more intense up in the sky and it is not visible during actual gameplay. The world itself looks like it's during some weird sunset state if you don't actively point the camera to the sky to see the smog.

I wish the air around the house and during gameplay was darker.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    If the smog does get worse I hope there is a cheat to make it so. I plan on polluting every single neighbourhood I can for story purposes :naughty:
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Judging by what I saw on the UI on the livestream, there was plenty of room to make the pollution worse in the part of Evergreen Harbor that was already polluted. The meter there during the stream was just slightly to the industrial side of neutral. What I understood was it’s more than just a matter of time, but also choices. The building materials have eco ratings now. So you would want to build with materials that have bad eco ratings, use energy sucking appliances in your home, be on the grid, not recycle, avoid solar panels and wind turbines, and let your garbages overflow.

Most of the GCs are going the opposite way in their lps in order to showcase the recycling machine, and the candle station and so on, which is taking their games into the cleaner direction. I would also love to see what happens when the scale is pushed in the opposite direction.

d6fbdcZ.png

This does look delightfully grungy.

@Pamtastic72 One of the videos @simgirl1010 linked (the first video) has the meter almost maxed out on the industrial side. Check it out, the smog is not as intense as one might expect. Maybe it needed more time, no idea.
    Also it's summer in the video.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I ve seen it in a gameplay review. It was by a french GC and the smog was brown like in the trailer. I dont remember the name but if u search sims 4 ecologie u will find it.

Is it NS? I just watched her video and it looked like there was a lot of smog too.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    EnglishSimmer said the smog is not as bad as it looks in the trailers or in the map view. But it also could be that she didn’t get the world to the worst point, but she was upset about it so I’d assume she’s right.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    EnglishSimmer said the smog is not as bad as it looks in the trailers or in the map view. But it also could be that she didn’t get the world to the worst point, but she was upset about it so I’d assume she’s right.

Yeah I just watched the video of that french GC and her world had slightly more smog but not a big difference. Apparently the smog affects the sky color more than the air around the Sims. It is not a visual effect (like seasons are) like some people might have thought.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

I saw that video too but in NS's video there was a lot more smog it seemed like.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I saw that video too but in NS's video there was a lot more smog it seemed like.

I watched both videos and agree it looked closer to the trailer with NS. Not sure what she did different but the sky had that more bronze orange sky like the trailer and it looked darker in the world. The sky is more grey in the livestream and ES video. So it could get worse like some have predicted
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    kostasmpi wrote: »

That's good news I hope that's true!

ETA: Oh wait was this in NS' video? I listened to that while playing earlier but barely watched what was going on xD will check this out later.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's good news I hope that's true!
    >
    > ETA: Oh wait was this in NS' video? I listened to that while playing earlier but barely watched what was going on xD will check this out later.

You can see it in NS' gameplay video at the 10:55 mark. I'm starting to think that the yellow-ish overlay in the sky is only visible during the sunset... At that point in the video, the in-game time is 19:59 in the evening. I think the pollution is very subtle during the day, and more severe in the evening and on overcast days. And they probably just used the sunset sky for the trailer. Which would be quite a disappointment. But we'll see!
  • Options
    You can see it in NS' gameplay video at the 10:55 mark. I'm starting to think that the yellow-ish overlay in the sky is only visible during the sunset... At that point in the video, the in-game time is 19:59 in the evening. I think the pollution is very subtle during the day, and more severe in the evening and on overcast days. And they probably just used the sunset sky for the trailer. Which would be quite a disappointment. But we'll see!

The sky in the trailer was kinda greenish though. No idea what it was, maybe just a rainy, cloudy day with smog.