Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mountain Valley - Work in Progress

Comments

• Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I will have some pics up sometime soon, I am downloading right now and I am soooo anxious to play ur world. I am going to make a man and his wife and the man will be in politics and the wife will be like a stay at home with a part time job maybe. idk, we'll see how things go. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with all of us. :D:D:D
  • Options
    SImVSImV Posts: 274 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks everyone :)

I got off the phone with EA and this is a recognized problem with the servers they use rejecting user uploaded worlds and they are working on it. My guesstimate is that the servers being used weren't designed to handle large capacity files.

But they are working on it :) So any input any of you have, please share! Hopefully I can make a few adjustments before this problem gets fixed and I upload it to the exchange.

Oh, and if you create any homes on any of the lots in my neighborhood, let me know and I'll try to add them to the official neighborhood before I send it to the Exchange.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I can't seem to install this world, it always says when I try to install it, "Installation failed, make sure you have up to date software".
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Do you have the latest patch for the Sims 3 installed?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yes I do, but I still get this error.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Send me a msg on here w/ your email and I'll try directly e-mailing the file to you.
  • Options
    WarZoneParisWarZoneParis Posts: 356 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I LOVE IT!! JUST LOVE IT!! Can't wait to download it!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I know this sounds stupid, but how do you message on here?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ahhh, tis true - you can't - I mistakenly thought you could.

I hate to say this, but try deleting the file, redownload it and reinstall it perhaps?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I could try that.

Is there any other site you are on that I could give my email address to you at? I am on youtube.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    removed
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    k, I will, thanks a million. :D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have to admit it's weird playing in your own creation, but fun at the same time.
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited December 2009
    soonersim wrote:
    Out of all the towns that I have downloaded and played, your town is definetly my favorite, but I have one suggestion. Since this is a new town, it would be nice to have smaller lots like 20x20 so I can put more starter houses.
    Yes, please do. Maybe around 2 or 3 lots will do, then place them randomly in the area.
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    JackmontcJackmontc Posts: 233 Member
    edited December 2009

Dear SimV

WOW hats of to u. For start its one hell of a town and secondly what feisty people right on it.

TBH its great to see people voicing different opinions, although of course, u don't have to listen to them at all if u don't like them.

personally, even though its not my thread i enjoy listening to how your town or any other could be improved by different people. For me its just right (not to many trees!)and a great place to play the game and HAVE FUN! WHICH IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT REALLY!

DEAR EVERY1 ELSE!

I'm no big cheese or really anybody important but think people like Lisa should point out there personal feelings in a more subtle way.

SimV has acted the best way to this and has not be fired up by the comments. He accepted it, (if not ignored it) while many other users yelled, screamed and shouted about it.

With people who like to insult (which i'm not saying Lisa did) other threads the best way for them to go away and generally shut up, is to IGNORE THEM!

Now i've voiced my opinions i gonna go download this one heck of a world!
    Good to see the first brilliant town come from the tool!

Cheers for creating such a great town.

Jackmontc

P.S. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY PLEASE SAY CAUSE I'M PRETTY RUBBISH AT SAYING THINGS ON THE PC! :?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thank you :) It's only through discussion and constructive criticisms that anything can be improved.

Please please, take screenshots of the neighborhood if you use it! :)
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    LisaNomiLu wrote:
    It would look better if you removed like 50% of those trees.
    It's just to much green everywhere.
    And the ground that every lot is on, is flat. A bit boring.
    You should definitaly keep working on it.

We're all entitled to our opinions... But I think it's crucial to keep in those trees. (Besides, they take FOREVER to place them to make a real-looking forest!) I think that the point of a forest is to add greenery.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    idk why I can't install this world, but can somebody post a pic of the whole town of Mountain Valley?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Worlds section is back up but still can't upload this world :-/
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited December 2009
    SImV,

Nice work! Wow there's a lot of trees on that landscape!
  • Options
    RaenmRaenm Posts: 36
    edited December 2009
    I know that the trees look nice, but from a playing stand point, they'd create a lot of lag on lowere end computers. If you read La Shawns walkthrough, he says a maxium of 40 trees per block for performance.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited December 2009
    So far my experience has not been that bad. I however do have one HUGE complaint. Every few min or so my sims will stall for a second or two and then they will continue on with their actions. My game runs very smoothly and flawlessly so I know it's just this world. For a second I thought maybe it was just my game, so I went and checked my other worlds that originally came with the game and Mountain Valley Is the only place I have this happen in. Like someone said before I think there may be an overabundance of tree's now so I think you should consider deleting a handful of them. There is also a glitch with the road somewhere. I have a picture for you to look at so you can see what I am talking about, but other than that the world is great.
    Screenshot-228.jpg
    Screenshot-232.jpg
    Screenshot-229.jpg
    Screenshot-233.jpg
    Screenshot-234.jpg
    Screenshot-235.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thank you - I noticed that problem too - with the stopping - thought it was just me.
  • Options
    cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
    edited December 2009
    The stopping happens in vacation islands - too, like Egypt China & France, you have it on Ultra Speed and it freezes for like 3 secs.

But yeah, please delete a load of them trees :S
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Looks really nice, going to download and take a look also