Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Interactions + Sexual Orientation Selection

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,098 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ravenna wrote: »
    I was about to agree with the topic of an orientation switch until I read this one in-particular and found that what you're really asking for is a 'hetero' switch.

You're the second person to say that, but I don't see it... I just took it as options for sexual preference would be nice. Not criticizing you for seeing it that way, just saying I guess my mind just didn't go in that direction.

My Sims typically just marry whomever their best friend is, so sometimes they are gay and sometimes they are straight. Sometimes they have two best friends and end up bi.
    But I think it would be great to have the option for them to be "born" how they are going to be in your game too. It would add some logic to the game.

My daughter had this to say (she shares my account): I think it would be great. It would add realism. I'd never flirt with a guy, that's weird.

Lol.

She also added that she'd like the ability to take couples to the hospital for in-vitro so she doesn't have to go into full edit mode and change her Sims so they can have kids or always adopt.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,134 Member
    This game needs a sexual toggle.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I was about to agree with the topic of an orientation switch until I read this one in-particular and found that what you're really asking for is a 'hetero' switch.

You're the second person to say that, but I don't see it... I just took it as options for sexual preference would be nice.

That's how I understood it, too, especially since I've never actually seen any autonomous same-sex flirting in my game (only if two sims of the same sex had a pre-established romantic relationship, but then I was the one who pre-established it). If anything, I would use this option to stop my gay/lesbian sims from flirting with the opposite sex, because it really annoys me when that happens.

Then again, even if someone does actually use this option to disable same-sex relationships in their game, I don't consider that my problem. I have two rivalling churches in my game, which some people would probably find offensive and/or too close to real life, even though I'm using fictional religions that I made up myself, but that's not my problem either. The point is, people can do in their game whatever they want, and are free to use or not use what the game provides as they see fit, be that sexualities, gender settings, skin colours, ethnicities, occults, etc.

But yeah, I would also appreciate a sexuality option in CAS, among many other things such as a chemistry system.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I was about to agree with the topic of an orientation switch until I read this one in-particular and found that what you're really asking for is a 'hetero' switch. I think with story progression, an orientation switch could be useful, but I don't think it should enable homophobia, much like how the enhanced gender options kind of enable transphobes to post terrible things in the gallery.

I don‘t understand why it would be so bad to have a hetero switch. When someone asks for a sexual orientation and gender identity update to make their sims gay, non-binary or transgender they get applause but when someone wants to make their sims straight they get attacked. It‘s not fair to have the option to make sims gay but not the option to make sims straight. LGBTQ is about accepting people‘s sexual orientation and heterosexuality is a sexual orientation.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly, I don't want an orientation switch for sims. I think instead turn ons and offs should allow you to do this in an indirect way similar to TS2. You could have male sims that were attracted to beards and have makeup as a turn off for example. That in itself would make it so that the sim leaned more towards male sims because most of the female sims in the game would wear makeup and they could not have beards.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    My main sim is actually bisexual so I guess it doesn't matter to me too much, but I still think it would be nice to have a proper sexual preference option in CAS or maybe just a chemistry/attraction system and a better way to control how faithful our sims are to each other. I really want romance to be expanded on as a whole though e.g. turn ons/offs, improved weddings, more interactions like cuddling in bed and slow dancing etc. Any options that help with storytelling and adding personality are welcome in my game.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I literally have never seen Sims end up in same-sex partnerships that I didn't create, so I don't think a heterosexuality toggle is needed. I do feel that asking for one is a sneaky way of asking for controls to remove gayness from the game. Considering we have seen only three premade same-sex couples, and three premade gender-nonbinary Sims, in twenty years, I suggest that is also not called for.

You control your Sims' orientation by deciding with whom you want them to flirt, if anyone.

Ageed.

One thing I do with there was though is a more subtle kiss. The current ‘Kiss’ interaction is a bit like hands on😂Can we not have a like goodbye kiss before a sim goes to work? Or just a peck. Also why can’t they kiss their kids? You know how toddlers get the,sad a parents left moodlet thing. I wish the parents could kiss them goodbye and that moodlet could be prevented?

Agreed! I always wondered why we cant kiss our kids? Why we don't have more shy interactions?
    I feel like none of the romance option are good for first time romance all shy like and stuff. Plus we need a shy trait to go with that 😅

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What I notice that when teens kiss, the one who is being kissed swipes the other's hand away when it goes to rest on their butt. Now, if the two of them are madly in love with each other and have kissed numerous times, they shouldn't mind it.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Married Sims shouldn’t be able to autonomously flirt. Once you’re married, that should stop and the only way to have a married Sim flirt or have a romantic bar relationship with someone else is if you’re controlling them and you actually make them flirt.

I think that would solve a lot of problems.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I think there needs to be something...I've had straight Sims in relationships flirt with same sex roommates. And a lot of people I think have had issues with gay Sims flirting with the opposite sex too. Not the first time I've heard that on here.

I think a switch is limiting and implies a default, which we should stay away from. So regardless of what the switch's natural "on" state is, it leaves people out because it forces two options to choose from for a default state: heterosexual or not.

Setting it in CAS would be good. How, I don't know. Sliders or multiple choice like someone else said would probably work?
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't want an orientation switch for sims. I think instead turn ons and offs should allow you to do this in an indirect way similar to TS2. You could have male sims that were attracted to beards and have makeup as a turn off for example. That in itself would make it so that the sim leaned more towards male sims because most of the female sims in the game would wear makeup and they could not have beards.

Yeah but who wants to use their space for makeup or beards? What if my female love interest doesnt wear makeup or my male love interest doesn't have a beard? That why a seperate toggle for that needs to exist that doesn't take up space for other turns on (charismatic, redheads, in shape etc)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Married Sims shouldn’t be able to autonomously flirt.

Do you mean not at all? Because id love it if my married couple autonomously flirted with eachother. Even auto kiss. It just shouldnt bug out and kiss others
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Do you mean not at all? Because id love it if my married couple autonomously flirted with eachother. Even auto kiss. It just shouldnt bug out and kiss others

Married people shouldn’t be able to flirt autonomously with anyone who is not their spouse.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Married people shouldn’t be able to flirt autonomously with anyone who is not their spouse.

In general, I agree, but there should be certain traits (or combinations of traits) that override that - such as being both Non-Committal and Romantic, or having the Serial Romantic aspiration (or the reward trait from it). I mean, how such a sim wound up married in the first place is open for discussion, but should they end up that way, I can see these sorts of sims flirting anyway.

As for the initial post regarding gender preference setting... maybe an accessable Kinsey scale or 10 point scale with a slider? That's then shifted based on gameplay? and then an Asexual or Demisexual trait? Multiple sliders? I dunno. The idea in concept has some merit for making sims who aren't the default bisexual, I'm just not sure how to do it in practice without making it either problematic, too complicated, or both.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yeah but who wants to use their space for makeup or beards? What if my female love interest doesnt wear makeup or my male love interest doesn't have a beard? That why a seperate toggle for that needs to exist that doesn't take up space for other turns on (charismatic, redheads, in shape etc)

They can still romance the sim if they don't meet the requirements, it's just harder.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1