Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 o.O I have never seen those worms around any of my plants and all my Sims have gardens, plus I've played IL numerous times collecting those wild plants too. I'm guessing these were added in a recent patch in anticipation of the new pack, maybe? Or have they always been there and I'm just not as observant as I thought? :D Either way, very cool to see, thanks for sharing your discovery! :)

I'm excited for everything in the pack since starting out all my Sims Rags to Riches style is my favorite way to play! <3 I also enjoy playing Off the Grid Sims, which this will expand upon, so that's a big plus as well. Lastly, I've always wanted a Dystopian world to play in for my Sims, especially in the Apocalypse challenge. This pack seems perfect for it. I've already started one but put it on hiatus a few years ago. I'm thinking it'll be fun to dust that off and continue playing it, or start a new challenge with this pack! :)

I love to build too, so I'm really looking forward to all the new build/buy objects included in this pack, especially the container home wallpapers, ladders, the giant sliding glass door, the new shelving units, decorative plants, solar panels, dew collectors, windmills, etc., and so much more to come I'm sure. As for game play objects, these are the ones we've seen so far that intrigue me the most:

1. Candle making! Bonus: They actually melt away like candles should! I love that! <3
    2. Fizzy Juice & Canning
    3. Dumpster Diving and making stuff or improving them from what they find.
    4. Vertical gardens and new plants for them!
    5. The Bug House - Curious how this will be used. Are those silkworms to make clothing? Or just grubs to eat? Are they caterpillars that will become butterflies? Will the bugs make compost to use on our gardens? Or perhaps all of these options are possible. I guess we'll find out in the livestream!
    6. The Invention Construction object (some call it a 3D Printer) - Besides the smog elimination machine, what other things can our Sims create using it? Does the smog machine instantly make all the dirty worlds clean? Or is it only good for one neighborhood and/or world at a time?
    7. The Meat Wall - I've never seen anything like this before. Curious why it doesn't seem to spoil outside or gather flies. Maybe there's a timer on it and it does spoil if not used within a certain period of time.
    8. The Trash Compactor - What happens to those cubes? Can Sims sit on them like stools? Can you stack them to make walls? Are they needed to make other projects? Do they get picked up and recycled with the trash?

So many questions I'm hoping will all be answered in the livestream! :)

I'm also loving the CAS assets and the fact the Eco elements will be implemented across almost all the worlds with a toggle to switch it on and off. Very much appreciative they included that so I can keep everything clean or dirty depending on my intentions/story for the save.

Curious about the community aspect and exactly how all that works too. Most of my Sims don't have a lot of friends or go out much, so I'm wondering if that'll play a part in the need to get them out more. Or if they can still do the Eco stuff on their own without the community voting thing. Really, really looking forward to the livestream to get some answers to my questions and see what other goodies this pack has in store for all of us.

Happy Simming! <3

There's canning??? I swear that trailer did not show anything relevant to the pack. lmao

So are we getting new harvestables like oranges, peaches and plums back?
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do people think the new trailer could be out on Wednesday
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do people think the new trailer could be out on Wednesday

I was thinking tuesday but I'm so excited!
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 o.O I have never seen those worms around any of my plants and all my Sims have gardens, plus I've played IL numerous times collecting those wild plants too. I'm guessing these were added in a recent patch in anticipation of the new pack, maybe? Or have they always been there and I'm just not as observant as I thought? :D Either way, very cool to see, thanks for sharing your discovery! :)

I'm excited for everything in the pack since starting out all my Sims Rags to Riches style is my favorite way to play! <3 I also enjoy playing Off the Grid Sims, which this will expand upon, so that's a big plus as well. Lastly, I've always wanted a Dystopian world to play in for my Sims, especially in the Apocalypse challenge. This pack seems perfect for it. I've already started one but put it on hiatus a few years ago. I'm thinking it'll be fun to dust that off and continue playing it, or start a new challenge with this pack! :)

I love to build too, so I'm really looking forward to all the new build/buy objects included in this pack, especially the container home wallpapers, ladders, the giant sliding glass door, the new shelving units, decorative plants, solar panels, dew collectors, windmills, etc., and so much more to come I'm sure. As for game play objects, these are the ones we've seen so far that intrigue me the most:

1. Candle making! Bonus: They actually melt away like candles should! I love that! <3
    2. Fizzy Juice & Canning
    5. The Bug House - Curious how this will be used. Are those silkworms to make clothing? Or just grubs to eat? Are they caterpillars that will become butterflies? Will the bugs make compost to use on our gardens? Or perhaps all of these options are possible. I guess we'll find out in the livestream!
    6. The Invention Construction object (some call it a 3D Printer) - Besides the smog elimination machine, what other things can our Sims create using it? Does the smog machine instantly make all the dirty worlds clean? Or is it only good for one neighborhood and/or world at a time?
    7. The Meat Wall - I've never seen anything like this before. Curious why it doesn't seem to spoil outside or gather flies. Maybe there's a timer on it and it does spoil if not used within a certain period of time.
    8. The Trash Compactor - What happens to those cubes? Can Sims sit on them like stools? Can you stack them to make walls? Are they needed to make other projects? Do they get picked up and recycled with the trash?

I'm also loving the CAS assets and the fact the Eco elements will be implemented across almost all the worlds with a toggle to switch it on and off. Very much appreciative they included that so I can keep everything clean or dirty depending on my intentions/story for the save.

Curious about the community aspect and exactly how all that works too. Most of my Sims don't have a lot of friends or go out much, so I'm wondering if that'll play a part in the need to get them out more. Or if they can still do the Eco stuff on their own without the community voting thing. Really, really looking forward to the livestream to get some answers to my questions and see what other goodies this pack has in store for all of us.

Happy Simming! <3

There's canning??? I swear that trailer did not show anything relevant to this pack. lmao

I hope so. It would be nice if we got greenhouses again too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

2. Fizzy Juice & Canning

Happy Simming! <3

There's canning??? I swear that trailer did not show anything relevant to this pack. lmao

I hope so. It would be nice if we got greenhouses again too.

We already have them though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Sigzy05
    There's canning??? I swear that trailer did not show anything relevant to the pack. lmao

Yes, canning! There's a Maxis render that shows someone selling canned foods at a yard sale table and what looks like boxes of more canned goods under the table:
    XRdGE2l.png

And actually, it was shown in the trailer. I think lots of Simmers just missed it. Here's a couple screenshots I grabbed from the trailer:
    This one again shows cans being sold at yard sale tables. One in the front and the guy in the back.

gF0Ys70.png

And this one shows a Sim using what I assume is a canning machine in the back judging by the bags of produce and stuff at her feet.

eVLzyym.png

I don't really know if there will be any new harvestables. I'm just guessing because it makes sense. I could be wrong though. I'll modify my post to reflect it's just a guess. I really hope we do get some new harvestables and recipes though. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

We already have them though.
    I mean yeah you can build them technically like dog houses. But I adored the Sims 2 ones with the heat lamps. I would like some greenhouse windows and doors and an overhead sprinkler system for indoor plants.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CASTALYACASTALYA Posts: 20 Member
    randomly does anyone know if they mentioned if the bug house could be used to "farm" the bugs from outdoor retreat? the herbalism skill would be easier to use if they could... even if you needed a bunch of them.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    In case you don’t know this yet, CDKeys has a great preorder price. <3

I never tried that. Is CDkeys safe?I only buy sims in origin

Yes, it’s safe, and I’ve been told it’s approved by EA.

Do you have a link for that? A link for the approval not cdkey. :-) On the ea site its not listed but I am not sure how updated the site was.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

Unfortunately, I don’t. I was told that by someone on the forum. They and I could be wrong.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Sigzy05

Yes, canning! There's a Maxis render that shows someone selling canned foods at a yard sale table and what looks like boxes of more canned goods under the table:
    XRdGE2l.png

And actually, it was shown in the trailer. I think lots of Simmers just missed it. Here's a couple screenshots I grabbed from the trailer:
    This one again shows cans being sold at yard sale tables. One in the front and the guy in the back.

gF0Ys70.png

And this one shows a Sim using what I assume is a canning machine in the back judging by the bags of produce and stuff at her feet.

eVLzyym.png

I don't really know if there will be any new harvestables. I'm just guessing because it makes sense. I could be wrong though. I'll modify my post to reflect it's just a guess. I really hope we do get some new harvestables and recipes though. :)

A guru said on twitter that there'll be new harvestables and recipes.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I read in a tweet there will be new recipies and things to collect. Nobody can know what.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Do you have a link for that? A link for the approval not cdkey. :-) On the ea site its not listed but I am not sure how updated the site was.

Unfortunately, I don’t. I was told that by someone on the forum. They and I could be wrong.
    It is my understanding that they are not approved by EA. Why that is though, I do not know. I know that simmers use that place to buy - including myself - and have never had a problem. I have used them for years.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

It is my understanding that they are not approved by EA. Why that is though, I do not know. I know that simmers use that place to buy - including myself - and have never had a problem. I have used them for years.

I believe it's because they're not an official retailer. They don't buy the games directly from EA, they get physical copies in bulk from retail suppliers at a low price. Thus the gray area they operate it: the codes are legitimate, the method of obtaining them can be seen as questionable but isn't illegal as such.
    Chances are that if they were to be approved by EA (or any other companies), they wouldn't be able to offer the discounts that they do now.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Sometimes I don't get notifications when the @ is in a quote. o.O Anyway...

@telmarina

Yay! \o/ I figured it was almost a given we'd get some. Thanks for the info! <3 I follow a few gurus but this must've been tweeted by one I don't.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. Sometimes I don't get notifications when the @ is in a quote. o.O Anyway...

@telmarina

Yay! \o/ I figured it was almost a given we'd get some. Thanks for the info! <3 I follow a few gurus but this must've been tweeted by one I don't.

Do you follow Simgurufrost? I think he's the one that confirmed it
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I really love the idea of more artisan stuff coming to the Sims 4. Canning would be fun to see! I'm looking forward to seeing another trailer.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I really love the idea of more artisan stuff coming to the Sims 4. Canning would be fun to see! I'm looking forward to seeing another trailer.

Canning is in Eco-Living, I thought? Didn't they show them selling canned stuff in the trailer?
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    edited May 2020

Canning is in Eco-Living, I thought? Didn't they show them selling canned stuff in the trailer?

They did show something looking like a can or a jar being sold, but we have no idea if that was what it was that was being sold, nor how the sim came upon the item. It could have been one of those decorative candles in a jar as we do know candlemaking is in this pack. We also know making fizzy juice is in this pack as well, so it is very possible canning can be part of that. Heck we know bug farming is a thing. It could have been a jar of bug for bait being sold. As far as I know canning is not confirmed. I would love to see it if it comes, I just don't want anyone disappointed if it doesn't come because they read it was coming. That sucks.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,878 Member
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,878 Member
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I don't think I've ever been this excited for a pack, before. Basically everything it offers is everything that I've ever wanted to have in the game.

If they threw in body hair on top of it, my Sims wish list would be complete.

The ability to make most worlds as polluted or pristine as you want, plus the option to toggle on and off, is pretty much ingenious. It's such a great way to give a totally new environment and atmosphere to the worlds, while not limiting where you can live in order to achieve what you want, while allowing players who don't want pollution gameplay to go on as they were.

Strangerville is one of my favorite worlds, the other being San Myshuno, and I really don't mind so much that it'll be deprived of the pollution. As it stands the developers did a good job of making that world feel dusty and old, and I love the weird town stages so much that I'm more than happy to hand pollution over to other towns in order to keep my Strangerville on Maximum Strange. I'm probably most excited for adding pollution and smog to San Myshuno, as others have said.

I'm thrilled about the hinting that drinking juice will have a drunk effect on sims, and can't wait to have a distillery. The idea of doing Fizzy Juice is very much a craft beer vibe to me which is perfect for what's popular right now. Plus I'm way more excited about candlemaking than I ever expected to be.

Mostly I'm happy about the pollution which I've been wanting forever and ever, plus the solar panels and dew collectors have been at the top of my wish list.

Also I LOVE the look of the premades in this pack so, so much. They're the most interesting looking premades I think we've seen in a while and I'm thrilled to see them in the game.

I don't know if we'll see this, but on the off chance, I would very much appreciate it if there's one rich evil over-the-top eco-harmful sim in the town of Evergreen Harbor. That would be perfect.

I don't want to overhype myself on anything, but I think it's already too late for that.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I too want body hair for my sims.