Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover Uni - My sim can't convince sims to do anything.

Is there a trick to it? I've tried convince to cook, convince to bathe and my sim gets called overbearing or something and it doesn't work. She's got Lvl 7 debate, Lvl 7 Charisma, she's a celebrity and has a good relationship with the sims she's asking. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2020
    There's a 4 hour cooldown on convincing, could that be the issue?
    Post edited by sinra on
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Also, having a high relationship with the Sim helps. My Sim is not any better at Research and Debate (although he has maxed Charisma), but he easily persuades friends & family to help clean up the tide of empty water and juice glasses when visitors litter his place with them.

How good is her relationship? Just kinda, or is it pegged?

I think however that it's always a bit random - skill and relationship improves your chances, but its still a chance. I ran into that in a Spellcaster animation, and having to win duels. It took forever, because the coin-toss simply went against my Sim time and again.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    sinra wrote: »
    There's a 4 hour cooldown on convincing, could that be the issue?

No, I haven't been able to do it even once. But that's good to know, thanks.
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Also, having a high relationship with the Sim helps. My Sim is not any better at Research and Debate (although he has maxed Charisma), but he easily persuades friends & family to help clean up the tide of empty water and juice glasses when visitors litter his place with them.

How good is her relationship? Just kinda, or is it pegged?

I think however that it's always a bit random - skill and relationship improves your chances, but its still a chance. I ran into that in a Spellcaster animation, and having to win duels. It took forever, because the coin-toss simply went against my Sim time and again.

Yeah, she had a pretty good relationship with both sims. One was a good friend and the other was one of her dorm mates. I guess I'll just keep trying. Thanks
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    What mood was she in? I've found that also contributes. If your sim is in a negative mood, don't even try convincing others. I think confident works best.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    What mood was she in? I've found that also contributes. If your sim is in a negative mood, don't even try convincing others. I think confident works best.

Her main mood was good but she may have had a negative buff from her bad food celebrity quirk or from being around trash in the dorms. I'll pay more attention to that the next time. Thanks
  • Options
    I actually got a sim to do something! I can’t believe it was my sim’s new boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, who my sim had just stolen from her.

But then later on, full of confidence, she couldn’t get her really good friend to streak. This was the guy that was walking around the dorm naked the day before. Maybe it hadn’t been 4 hours for the cool down yet.
  • Options
    alli21alli21 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having the issue where my sim can convince others, but I don't get a moodlet and it doesn't update my debate group requirements. I get a moodlet if she fails though. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I haven't been able to convince anyone of anything in a long time. It just seemed to stop working.